hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I just yesterday tried a sample of BB that another member sent me to try. I can pick up a little on the tobacco but honestly am not sure what else. I swear I keep tasting cinnamon and nutmeg. I can see how this one could be addictive. It has an incredible TH at 5v with an 801 on a prodigy V1. I tried it on a lr510 at 3.7v to see if I could better pick up the flavors but it didn't really help. I do prefer it at high voltage. After vaping it for a while it seems to me to have almost a spicy aftertaste. This is definitely a very good liquid.

tsunamei

Feb 18, 2010
    by the sea, ny
    Might be able to narrow the broad descriptions of this juice, to only a few dozen, if the juice maker posted "Shake till it Foams" on it's bottles. The stuff has a color/consistency of "log cabin" syrup and I feel it should be "stirred, not shaken" to appreciate the qualities of this unique blend. Personally took me awhile to acquire a taste for the stuff. It was like vaping in taste tiers, possible because I didn't shake enough, so the ingredients remained separated. At first, it tasted like I was vaping a dill pickle. My next experience I can only describe as soiled baby diapers. That's when it became my situational juice. I would only bring the Boba's when I went out socializing. That's when I would ask if anyone would like to try some "azz." The stuff was great at parties until about 1/3 thru the bottle, my friend Meghan responded positively and didn't just gag and laugh. Been about 6 weeks since I swore off the Boba's, but decided to try it again. I can only describe it now as "Nasty Good." It's one of my 3 daily rotational juices along with DIY MarlB and TV Tobacco (both salted with a little 555 or RY4). Can't exactly explain how a juice goes from worst to first, but I do know that I ran the Atlantic City boardwalk, from the Taj Mahal to Caesars on a hot July day with a bottle of Boba's in my azz pocket just before getting Meghan' positive review.

thirdfloornorth

Jul 15, 2010
    Mississippi
    I just posted my review in the original Alien Visions thread: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...isions-has-officially-rocked-my-world-28.html

Only reason I didn't repost it was due to the included request (which maybe you folks can help with)... But I guess I can summarize the pertinent parts.

Alien Visions was my first and still my only eliquids. I love the customer support because Ben is amazing, I love the bottles, and the general quality of the juice and vapour production.

However, Boba's flavour just wasn't for me. One of those flavours that actually wore on me to the point of being downright nauseating. I left the house with Boba's in my pocket today and regretted it, because it was actually making me sick. After all the rave reviews, I was actually worried it was mislabeled, but reading through everyone else's reviews, I don't think it is.

I think it is probably an AMAZING juice, but that I am burnt out on tobacco flavours. :(

In short, it was definitely not for me, BUT if you:
    1) Are looking for a unique, spicysweet melange tobacco flavour
    2) Have not tried Alien Visions yet, and have even CONSIDERED doing so

...then do so. Ben has rocked my world, not with his flavours so far (my fault, not his), but with the amazing vapour production, the throat hit, his unique bottles, his prices, and his incredible customer service.

IMPORTANT UPDATE
    : Picking the flue cured back up,doing a comparison... im 75% sure my Boba's is at least partly mixed, if not completely switched with, flue cured. The only reason I'm not 100% is they are different colours. The BB is a good dark red like it should be, the flue cured is a transparent brownish. But they taste oddly similiar, and are having the same taste effect on me. The Flue is a LITTLE bit more peppery... but that's all. Thoughts?

Last edited:

lasttango

What would Freud say?
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 10, 2010
    Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
    www.last.fm
    SOunds like you got the right colors on the juices... Boba's is slightly reddish - and that's what always made me think there was cocoa in it...

I am not surprised by people who don't take to Bobas... some people just don't take to it... mix something in it - try it later, you might take to it...

Good review ;-)

Ourei

ECF Veteran
    May 23, 2010
    Hawaii! Yay haha
    There's definitely coconut in there.
    Okay, now we're getting 'definite' flavors! This is getting hardcore :)

This thread is making me start to pick out a 'cocoa' flavor, along with some odd spices, I'm thinking maybe it's flue-cured, with cocoa, and maybe some kind of spiced tea or something?

I'll try to focus on the coconut today and see if I can pick it out... I do like coconut flavors so if there's an undertone of it in Boba's that might explain my attachment to it :)

lasttango

What would Freud say?
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 10, 2010
    Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
    www.last.fm
    I uncapped my 100ml bottle today and got a major wave of cocoa...

anyway, let's look into the name...

Boba... a star wars dude that was featured is desert scenes...
    Maybe the tobacco base is Desert Ship. I don't like Flavourart, but I might in this...
    You think?
    lost of folks use the desert ship in camel...
    I had Gamel once, but I don't remember if it reminded me of bobas at all.

The VG adds some sweetness...

What flavors make liquid Red? Cocoa, Vanilla Bean... Coconut... strawberry what else?

Last edited:

cypresss

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 4, 2010
    The Shaolin NYC
    www.youtube.com
    it's GOTTA be cocoa or chocolate.

I have some awesome Chocolate e-liquid. Sometimes I will mix it into other eliquids just for a hint of soft, velvety sweetness. On a whim, I added some to a small 3ml bottle of Boba's. The only way to describe it is that the resulting liquid...tasted MORE LIKE Boba's than the original Boba's. I know that might not make much sense, but to me it means I'm adding to a flavor that's already there, rather than changing or simply mixing 2 flavors together.

Ourei

ECF Veteran
    May 23, 2010
    Hawaii! Yay haha
    cypresss, I think you're on to something. Boba's is sold as a tobacco flavor, though I don't sense any tobacco in it at all. So my guess is that it's a tobacco base from one of Ben's other flavors. Then he experimented with things to make something in the vein of RY4. Instead of the usual vanilla/caramel, maybe he tried chocolate, chai tea or something else. He ended up with Boba's, and because no one has a similar flavor, it makes Boba's hard to pin down.

Ben's one of the mixologists I like to watch, I think he's got a very unique slant on e-liquids, from his bottles to the flavors. I fear that if we all figure out Boba's, it might lose some of its appeal. Then again, examining Boba's is probably one of the things that has made it a 'must-try' flavor, so kudos to word-of-mouth, and I hope Ben can do the magic again with another flavor in the near future :)

I'm getting cocoa, graham cracker, some kind of light, fruity herbal taste, but I can't seem to channel the coconut tonight...

bigboom

ECF Veteran
    Sep 2, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    After vaping Boba's most of the day, I got into a sample of Gamel a friend sent me. That stuff is spectacular. Over the past few days, I also tried the Blend 4 and C&D. They're winners too as far as my tastes go. Overall, I think the AVE tobacco line is as good as anybody's. It surprises me because I'd never found any 100% VG juices that provided the flavor and TH that I need. These all do.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread