Official Boba's Bounty Review thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last week I received my Boba's Bounty along with a bottle of Gorilla juice and Blend 4. After about an hour of vaping the Boba's Bounty I felt sick. Almost like my body was saying "enough is enough, it ain't going to get any better".

I think I have similar taste bud's to GameDesigner who documented his experience with the BB in this thread here. He tasted mushrooms. I tasted a mildew like flavor. Similar to what you expect if you were vaping through a bath towel that was crumpled up on the floor for a day. On top of that there was a sharp honey like flavor on exhale. I kind of prepared myself to be underwhelmed with the juice fresh out of the mail having read so many people say it gets infinitely better over the course of 3 weeks.

I've been shaking the hell out of it a couple times a day and tucking it away uncapped in the cupboard. On Saturday I revisited it a couple times. Flavors were a little muted but similar. Sunday I didn't touch it at all. Yesterday I played with it quite a bit. I'm not tasting the mildew like flavor fortunately. Tobacco flavor is a little more pronounced. The honey now tastes more graham crackery. There are a couple sweet aromatic flavors I can barely pinpoint on exhale. I can't place them yet really.

Overall I'm pretty optimistic with the drastic change the juice had with 4 days to steep.

Gorilla Juice tastes a lot like banana laffy taffy. Really not impressed with the Blend 4 juice. I bought that only because they label it as their RY4. That one is going to have to transform completely into an entirely different juice to get me onboard. The cedar flavor triggers a gag reflex that I can't imagine ever enjoying. Don't taste any vanilla or caramel which RY4's need to qualify.

Would a non-tobacco lover like it?

I think there is a good chance they would. It definitely has tobacco undertones but not the traditional analog tobacco cigarette flavor people think of. It's more of a sweet pipe or cigar flavor that has a wonderful aroma. Mine is now steeped about 2 weeks and it's delicious!!

I'd try both the BB and Gorilla Juice. Both the Boba's and S&S Mod's Grumpy's Hooch have officially knocked every one of my RY4's I used to use off the ADV pedestal for me. The Hooch is like crack ........

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
umm...forgive my ignorance but what does UC stand for?

BB's not my ADV. There is too much going on in that juice - for me anyways.
Tips for BB newbies:
When it arrives I open the bottle and let it sit for 24 hours. Then it goes into the UC for speed steeping. 2 hours speed steeping is about 1 week for BB. That's the stage where I start vaping BB.
If it gets to "strong" the NIC level needs to be reduced. Too bad that they don't offer zero NIC level though.
Best atty's IMHO for BB's Kayfu, Taifun GT and decent drippers.
Oddly enough I start enjoying Gorilla Juice more and more and it gets more atty time than BB's these days.

Cheers.

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
I'm using a Kayfun 3.1 with a 2 ohms coil (10/9 wraps of a 28 gauge kanthal) and a cotton wick and I'm vaping Boba's at 10.5 watts on my Semovar. Yesterday it was fine..a very pleasant and smooth vape..But I started getting dry hits towards the end of the tank. So today I changed the wick after dry burning the coil..used less cotton..and it got worse! I'm halfway through the tank and I keep getting dry hits. I know that Boba's wicking can be a pain in the ......so I tried tightening the air flow screw a bit to get a tighter draw, and made sure the kayfun is not overfilled..but still I keep getting dry hits nearly every other drag...any advice?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
Seeing this thread now after the ecig craze has hit is funny!

Yeah, I started this thread my 3rd month into vaping...

At the time... Boba's was REALLY unique... no one had juices that thick... no one really had a juice with a name that didn't tell you the exact flavor you were vaping.

At the time... there really were not too many semi-sweet tobacco juices outside of RY4...

It's amazing that the juice has endured...

One other thing I find interesting is that people really seem to think too much about the recipe...

At the time... there weren't really many / any complex or exotic mixes... Ben himself even said the recipe was so simple... like tobacco and vanilla or.... yet some people have been guessing the most complex and exotic blends...

Is anyone "vet" enough to remember Ben's big Korean Boba's goof? Where somehow... around the time he was relocating back to the USA from teaching abroad... a handful of folks got a very THIN bobas... thin like water... Ben immediately made good on it sending everyone new Bobas... I always wondered if that was a PG Bobas... I have always contended that it is his VG that really helps the flavor and throws everyone off.

I think the most interesting question is this: How many AWESOME + popular juices were discovered by people who tried recreating bobas?

Perhaps it was inevitable anyway... but take a lot around if you are a 3+ year vet... remember? Bobas... then Bounty Hunter and Casablanca and... the list goes on with juices so popular it forced mom and pop vendors to go semi-pro...

Last edited:

YePsTeR

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
Northern Michigan
Yeah, I started this thread my 3rd month into vaping...

At the time... Boba's was REALLY unique... no one had juices that thick... no one really had a juice with a name that didn't tell you the exact flavor you were vaping.

At the time... there really were not too many semi-sweet tobacco juices outside of RY4...

It's amazing that the juice has endured...

One other thing I find interesting is that people really seem to think too much about the recipe...

At the time... there weren't really many / any complex or exotic mixes... Ben himself even said the recipe was so simple... like tobacco and vanilla or.... yet some people have been guessing the most complex and exotic blends...

Is anyone "vet" enough to remember Ben's big Korean Boba's goof? Where somehow... around the time he was relocating back to the USA from teaching abroad... a handful of folks got a very THIN bobas... thin like water... Ben immediately made good on it sending everyone new Bobas... I always wondered if that was a PG Bobas... I have always contended that it is his VG that really helps the flavor and throws everyone off.

I think the most interesting question is this: How many AWESOME + popular juices were discovered by people who tried recreating bobas?

Perhaps it was inevitable anyway... but take a lot around if you are a 3+ year vet... remember? Bobas... then Bounty Hunter and Casablanca and... the list goes on with juices so popular it forced mom and pop vendors to go semi-pro...

What if I told you that I have 5 bottles from 2011.....and I know what some people might say about using it...BUT.....it's a little darker, thicker and the same flavor to me. Kinda like a fine wine, it got better with age.

phanto

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2012
Melbourne
It's an Alien plot!!! We are being Boba Brainwashed -- but what a nice way to go

OK, you are on the right track, but they don't mean us any harm. On the contrary, these people from Dune are giving us the spice which will eventually enable us to fold space and travel to other galaxies. Have your eyes turned blue yet? If you were actually born with blue eyes then you have a head start. Meanwhile, don't drink all your coke, vape some and you might be surprised!

pyro12

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2011
Pittsburgh
I think some of the noobs have fallen victim to the counterfeit bobas....you need to try the authentic stuff from alien visions:

https://www.avejuice.com/index.php

NOT the other one:D that is shown on top when googling bobas bounty

dammit! Guilty as charged. I hadn't ordered it in years because it wouldn't work in my cartos. I decided to try it again last week and did a simple google and ordered from the first hit with alien in the title because I remembered something about aliens.

What I got tastes like chocolate. Disappointing.

Last edited:

funkfist

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2009
Yep Bobba's Bounty....what a pain in the rear it was when it came out. I pulled my hair out trying to find some way to vape it without it burning or getting a mouthful of it. It sucked because I loved it when it worked....now I can't stand the taste of it. I have an old bottle not sure from when and I recently received a new bottle. Both are sickening. I'm sad now....

bnitch

Verified Member
Jan 25, 2015
Mooresville, NC. USA
dammit! Guilty as charged. I hadn't ordered it in years because it wouldn't work in my cartos. I decided to try it again last week and did a simple google and ordered from the first hit with alien in the title because I remembered something about aliens.

What I got tastes like chocolate. Disappointing.

Is there anything wrong with Alien Vapor's Boba as far as safety in using it. I did put in a order from Alien Visions but the knock-off isn't that bad that I want to throw it out. Now that I know the difference I won't order it from anyone else ( almost bought the clone from you know who ) glad this post is here. I have been vaping a lot of NLV's Bounty Hunter and like it a lot, just wanted to try the real deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread