Status
Not open for further replies.

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
I got mine!! Little did I know the postal person wasn't going to ring my door bell. The box was just left on my door step. Aren't these things supposed to be signed for?

I couldn't get my plastic tab out by just pulling. I had to unscrew the bottom screws but I didn't take it all the all apart. I just did it enough so I could get the plastic tab out. Compared to the other devices I have, this is the heaviest and biggest in size. Feels kinda weird holding it since I'm used to tube mods and Microsticks. I can't get my hand wrapped around the entire box but it feels pretty comfy and stable in my hand. I put on my topper, a tank with a Sophia and it works like a charm. Time to read the manual and give it a good charge. :banana::headbang::banana:

It fires!!!! /lol /joke

Preliminary 10 minutes out of the box:

See that plastic tab in the upper left. I pulled and I pulled and nothing happened. HA! Back to newbie school. Remove screws and carefully remove the plate and then gently pull the brass thingy with the wire attached up and away from the bat. Hard to describe since pressure is required on the plate. CAREFULLY please so you don't pull the wire off the brass thingy. Pop Pop into the R goes my freshly charged Babby blue Sammy 25R. About the size and weight of my VaporShark 30 give or take. Nice feel/grip and hefty enough. Actually a pleasant surprise as I thought it would be lighter. Wrap around grip is fine. That's a Crown atty running at 0.54 and 30 watts with a narrow bore flavor chaser drip tip.

View attachment 499895

Enjoy

:)

Zen~

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2010
Spencerport, NY
Well, if provape did the same as they did with the P3, the battery will cut out around 3.7-3.8V, which is equivalent to 50-60% charged batteries. At 25-35 watts, you will be expected to change the battery around 3 times through out the day. I was vaping the P3 at 16-18 watts and had to change an 18650 twice just to last me to 7pm, my days usually starts at 8:30am. Just make sure you have extra batteries and your good to go :).

Well for comparison, I get two full days at 11 watts on a single charge. I vape from about 8:00 AM to after 3:00AM... every day.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Well put. I agree completely, too bad you can't test drive one.

I have an idea! Let's reach out to Zen. Maybe we can find a way for us a thread to rent one!

How 'bout it Zen? Do you have a rental program for Kabuki?

... eh, probably not.

It is too bad you can't take one for a test drive. The more I vape on the Kabuki, the more I like it. It's not just new shiny love, this thing vapes amazingly great. Much better than any Kanger/Nauty tank I've ever tried and I may regret saying this, but it's on par with both of my KFL+ and Russian 91%. It really is. It is exactly what I was hoping. A well made tank, machined perfectly, made out of all 316L Stainless Steel, that produces great vapor, that tastes great and is 'uber' simple to use. I think the Kabuki is a winner. If it continues going this well for me, I'll likely add more of them.

Oh boy. That looks mighty RED. Any chance your lighting is making this baby look brighter than it actually is? I ordered the Cabernet Red and now I have to wonder... is this TOO much?

It's not as red as it seems. It really is more of a burgundy color. Here's a picture I took without any bright lighting. I think it's more representative of the color. I'm really happy with the Cabernet Red color personally.
436f4eb363ad3d3e8f675e700c025a41.jpg

DougFNJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2013
New Jersey
Well for comparison, I get two full days at 11 watts on a single charge. I vape from about 8:00 AM to after 3:00AM... every day.

You just got a new customer Zen, wish I ordered the Kabuki with my Radius, but that's ok. Do you Vape with the 1.6 or 1.8 coils?

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Question - I've got mine charging right now. Is the "charge" icon supposed to stay on when it's charging? My display goes black and only when I push the button does the battery show up with the lightning bolt across it.

After you see it's got the charging symbol, it will go blank and continue to charge. There's no need for the screen to stay lit, using up battery while it's charging.

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
Great, then things are working just fine. Thanks!!

After you see it's got the charging symbol, it will go blank and continue to charge. There's no need for the screen to stay lit, using up battery while it's charging.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
It's like Xmas around here. Fun watching everyone get their new toys. :)

Yes, yes, YES it is !!

Love-love-loving these pics !!

Edit...

And I am not the only one !
Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 28, Guests: 8)

Last edited:

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
..I couldn't get my plastic tab out by just pulling. I had to unscrew the bottom screws but I didn't take it all the all apart. I just did it enough so I could get the plastic tab out.

Yep. Your way sounds like the way mine came out first (and easier) BUT then I decided that I couldn't be an "Elitist" unless I took the base all apart and gave it my fully charged 25R. That plastic tab thing sits between the spring and brass thingy with the wire and prevents it from accidently firing. Could be a candidate for a FAQ. Given the force/pressure on the spring, I seriously doubt anyone could pull it out. On the other hand, like you say, loosen screws and pull.

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
I'm so mechanically challenged, I'm surprised I figured it out all by myself.

Yep. Your way sounds like the way mine came out first (and easier) BUT then I decided that I couldn't be an "Elitist" unless I took the base all apart and gave it my fully charged 25R. That plastic tab thing sits between the spring and brass thingy with the wire and prevents it from accidently firing. Could be a candidate for a FAQ. Given the force/pressure on the spring, I seriously doubt anyone could pull it out. On the other hand, like you say, loosen screws and pull.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread