ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Funny you brought that up...
:offtopic:

I was wondering if anyone could please advise me on how much No-ox to buy? 2oz. container enough? I take it the 8oz tube would probably last me the rest of my life...

Yeah, yeah, I know... This is a Radius thread and it pertains to my P3 but Willy (lol blaming you ;)) brought it up and I would like a small piece of advice, please.
Awwww go for broke. Get the 8oz & call it a day. [emoji106] It's better to have too much than not enuff!!! [emoji41]

Note 5!!!

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
You didn't ask me, but I got a two ounce tub and use it on my Provi's and REOs, and expect it to last for longer than I will be walking this Earth...
8 Oz sounds just right then. Thanks for the wise words. Couldn't have done it without ya.

Tapatyped

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
I have been trying to figure that out. One is a Dell and one is an HP. The only thing they really have in common is that our internet service is Comcast.

Today--I uninstalled on both--even did a restore on the Dell to wipe out everything, downloaded and installed everything again with virus protection turned off. Still would not work. Uninstalled on the HP laptop--reinstalled with all programs and virus protection off--did not work.

My thoughts were that maybe there is something stopping it through Comcast, although we don't use their virus protection.

I have spent a lot of time on this the last few days, would like to have the update but it is not critical to the Radius performance. After all the holiday rush is over--I am going to contact Provape and see if they have any suggestions and can help.

I really appreciate all the help and tips from everyone--thanks!
Is either a laptop? If so, might want to try it at Starbucks or somewhere there is open wifi. Might be good to contact Provape as they will be able to do some tests with you to see if you are hitting their server.

JohnD0406

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
I will admit I am interested in a Radius. Especially if provape releases an 80 watt update

The higher the wattage, the lower the usable range of the battery. At 60W on a good 18650, with a fully charged battery, the voltage drop is over 1V. That's the entire usable range of the battery, on a full charge. You could not only never reach 80W on a single 18650, but you'd be pulling more current than the battery is rated for - a very dangerous situation. I guarantee ProVape will never go over 40W on a single battery.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
The higher the wattage, the lower the usable range of the battery. At 60W on a good 18650, with a fully charged battery, the voltage drop is over 1V. That's the entire usable range of the battery, on a full charge. You could not only never reach 80W on a single 18650, but you'd be pulling more current than the battery is rated for - a very dangerous situation. I guarantee ProVape will never go over 40W on a single battery.
I've read this same argument about two wattage ranges provape already produces mods for in the past.

I run 30 amp continuous capable batteries @ ~80W already.

Sometimes those batts read 3.5V when I put them on the charger.

I know better.

Thanks anyway.

Tapatyped

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
I have been trying to figure that out. One is a Dell and one is an HP. The only thing they really have in common is that our internet service is Comcast.

Today--I uninstalled on both--even did a restore on the Dell to wipe out everything, downloaded and installed everything again with virus protection turned off. Still would not work. Uninstalled on the HP laptop--reinstalled with all programs and virus protection off--did not work.

My thoughts were that maybe there is something stopping it through Comcast, although we don't use their virus protection.

I have spent a lot of time on this the last few days, would like to have the update but it is not critical to the Radius performance. After all the holiday rush is over--I am going to contact Provape and see if they have any suggestions and can help.

I really appreciate all the help and tips from everyone--thanks!
Have you checked your router firewall to see if the port provape servers use is blocked? Not just the port number but the protocol as well? Have a virus protection that activates to scan on download? You may have VP off but some still leave the scan at download option on when the main scan is off via a browser plugin.

Reactions: Nathanial

Nathanial

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2011
Michigan
Have you checked your router firewall to see if the port provape servers use is blocked? Not just the port number but the protocol as well? Have a virus protection that activates to scan on download? You may have VP off but some still leave the scan at download option on when the main scan is off via a browser plugin.

This was my gut reaction too. Check the router firewall/settings.

If you're using Windows 8/10 you also likely have Microsoft's built in anti-malware software that could also potentially be causing issues.

If you need help, I would also be happy to do a remote session to try to help you figure it out.

Jim-

GCS E (1) + V (1) + M (1) = 3
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Los Angeles County, Ca. USA
Got to say I'm loving the battery charge blue light - :thumbs: provape. Mine upgraded seamlessly - Windows 8/ HP laptop - I didn't turn anything off before installing software.

Whenever I try and force myself to download the latest version of the software, I hear and see this,

"YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

RadiusGLED.JPG

It's scary really..

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN

kbf101998

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Brentwood, Tn, USA
Is either a laptop? If so, might want to try it at Starbucks or somewhere there is open wifi. Might be good to contact Provape as they will be able to do some tests with you to see if you are hitting their server.

That is a good idea--the HP is a laptop. After this week I can take the time to contact Provape and work with them.

kbf101998

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Brentwood, Tn, USA

I have not checked that--I am pretty decent with the basic things with computers, but that is not something I know how to do. Could be the problem though.

This was my gut reaction too. Check the router firewall/settings.

If you're using Windows 8/10 you also likely have Microsoft's built in anti-malware software that could also potentially be causing issues.

If you need help, I would also be happy to do a remote session to try to help you figure it out.

Thank you for your offer to help. I can't get to it the next few days but next week I might take you up on that :)!

Nathanial

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2011
Michigan
Thank you for your offer to help. I can't get to it the next few days but next week I might take you up on that :)!

No worries, just send me a PM in case I don't check in with the thread. In the mean time, if you can let me know the brand of your router it would help give you some direction.

Reactions: kbf101998
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread