Ok I pre-ordered the Odysseys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ty89m

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 20, 2012
Bozeman, MT
I think rebuilding a tank atomizer should be a lot of fun, and save me money in the long run. I'm fairly mechanically inclined, so shouldn't have much trouble... but anyway... for those that use it, what materials do you prefer? I'm coming to the conclusion that kanthal and silver for no resistance wire. Would that be the best bet? Where do those who own one prefer to order their materials? Really excited to have the chance at owning a rebuildable, just hope it ships when they said it would :) Thanks!

Last edited:

Ty89m

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 20, 2012
Bozeman, MT
I know! I'm super stoked! (can ya tell) I've been hunting for a rebuild-able atty for awhile, and while I'd love to have a Z-atty, or genesis style, they're never around to be bought. I am on the waiting list for the Zen and hellfire mega, but that'll be 6 months at least. So jumped at the chance to have a iAtty2 :) As vaping is as much a hobby as it is a tool to quit analogs, I'm thinking building my own attys will be a great deal of fun! My significant other doesn't seem to think so haha, but she is happy I'm off the cigarettes!

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Pbusardo just uploaded a vid on Youtube where he dissects and rebuilds an ODY.

Evidently, they come with wick, silver and kanthal wire, so you don't have to hunt for it for awhile.

There's also a link there to a company that makes transparent tanks for it. That's really cool cuz you can watch the flow control and wicks and everything.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
Well I ordered the DID as well :) Curious about where to find the wire and mesh for these? Is there a good video to watch? What size kanthal do I need, size mesh?

Congratulations :toast:. 400 for thin juice and 325 for thick VG. Comes with 32 kanthal wire. I have heard a few times that 30K is more easy to work with though in relation to being resistant to shorting. You can find it on ebay. Not sure otherwise. I never had to buy any.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread