Not open for further replies.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
I don't get sub ohms. I've never tried sub ohm. Educate me. Why do you like sub ohm? What does it do for you? I usually vape around 1.5 with RM2. Does sub ohm burn your throat? Hows the flavor?

I am not a guy but can I give you my opinion?

I like 1.0 and do go down to .8 sometimes. It does not burn my throat. It is a warm vape that has flavor and volume that I like. On my Grands I do the low ohms and I can get satisfaction as well as a higher ohm coil on my VV Grand. They rock on the Woodvils too!

If I could not get lots of flavor I would not do it. Flavor is very important to me. So is heat. I don't like a cool vapor. It does nothing for me.

ltrainer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
upstate ny

I like 1.0 and do go down to .8 sometimes. It does not burn my throat. It is a warm vape that has flavor and volume that I like. On my Grands I do the low ohms and I can get satisfaction as well as a higher ohm coil on my VV Grand. They rock on the Woodvils too!

If I could not get lots of flavor I would not do it. Flavor is very important to me. So is heat. I don't like a cool vapor. It does nothing for me.

Thanks Karen. I meant guys as in guys..everyone :)
I am going to try it to see what sub ohm is like but 1.5 seems good to me especially if I go straight lung hit, but maybe the sub stuffs better. Jan is sending me some 28 and 30 wire to try out. Thanks

Last edited:

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Here's a good rough analogy in my case:

>1 ohm = camel no filter
1 ohm = Marlboro red
2 ohm = Marlboro light

But several variables come into play. With 30 gauge that heats up right away, 2 ohms is perfect.

With 27 ga it takes longer to heat up, 1 ish ohms - it's perfect if i hit right away for about a 4 second drag (like I usually do). I am a mouth to lung dude. But if I fire for 3 seconds first then hit, it is a very different vape cause that 27 at 1 ohm gets very hot.

I hope that made sense :)

Last edited:

Marvin & Sennie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
what ^ she said :)

unloaded

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
SW. Indiana
For me it's a warmer, moister vape. That's usually how I like it. Also I like to get a big hit quick, just a couple seconds. I watch some of these review videos and the guys take like 10-15 second hits! I make the airhole a little bigger but not by much, I like it so I can do a mouth or lung hit, depending on my mood. When I used disposable attys I preferred 306’s, they vaped warmer compared to a 510 or 901 of the same resistance. It's because you are a lot closer to the coil with them. All my attys have pretty short drip tips on them too, this adds to the warmth. The funny thing is I have an e-pipe coming in the mail. I've been wanting to try one but worry the vape might be too cool for me. The good news is there is one less tube in the house!

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Personally, I don't care for it; but I don't like myself. So it all works out at about 0.6Ω

I think somebody already mentioned the proper admixture of air & subΩ. As you progress down the scale, you might find a place where you want to open your air hole by a tad (say about 0.1mm at a time)

Last edited:

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
If you decide to go down that highway drop down gradually or you may give yourself a sore throat . The first time I made a .8 ohm coil I thought I was a super hero until the next morning . Coffee and honey for the rest of the day . If your happy with 1.5 ohm I dont see why you would want to change anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread