Nov 10, 2015

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Anyone remember that tube mod that was similar to the Provari that we used to recommend to Eastern European countries? Also started with a P, I think??

The Age of the Provari Killers (like pods today, in numbers). :rolleyes:

From that region, I remember the Semovar and yes, there was another in that class...

Now it's gonna bug me. :lol:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I think you got it - Semovar. Ty sir.

If I recall it, they didn't do too well with the mods, but there was a matching atty that did kinda/sorta/maybe a little bit "okay". ;)

Was that the modular type one though? I think there truly was another too (but I might be wrong).

marc42

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
United Kingdom
The Age of the Provari Killers (like pods today, in numbers). :rolleyes:

From that region, I remember the Semovar and yes, there was another in that class...

Now it's gonna bug me. :lol:

Hehe vaping one I type equipped with kfl bit of a wand by modern standards but oh so nicely made and the two digit red led module is lovely and retro lovely:)
irony is they [have 2] have been resting for 3+years in the meantime have been using a dani v2 extreme and dani box.
the v2 has failed twice [currently waiting to send the v2 back yet again] and the box has been erm not sure yet
but something seems off on battery behaviour.
Both the Provari and Semovar are classics:)
Worth hanging onto the Provari and keeping her going in my view:thumb:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Hehe vaping one I type equipped with kfl bit of a wand by modern standards but oh so nicely made and the two digit red led module is lovely and retro lovely:)
irony is they [have 2] have been resting for 3+years in the meantime have been using a dani v2 extreme and dani box.
the v2 has failed twice [currently waiting to send the v2 back yet again] and the box has been erm not sure yet

I thought they were absolutely stunning devices. If they had lasted, I'd almost certainly have one. I guess they were doing so well with the atties that the mod wasn't worth it for them. Given the still-strong status in the atties area, I can't really blame them.

I think I've got the same Dani tube as you (v2 Extreme). So far (touch wood), it's been great. It might be a v3 though (I'll have to check that).

Yes, and YES on keeping both. Right now, there's very little I'm willing to part with (thank you, FDA :eek: ).

marc42

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
United Kingdom
I thought they were absolutely stunning devices. If they had lasted, I'd almost certainly have one. I guess they were doing so well with the atties that the mod wasn't worth it for them. Given the still-strong status in the atties area, I can't really blame them.

I think I've got the same Dani tube as you (v2 Extreme). So far (touch wood), it's been great. It might be a v3 though (I'll have to check that).

Yes, and YES on keeping both. Right now, there's very little I'm willing to part with (thank you, FDA :eek: ).
Another fan:)
I just love how easy to field strip they are lovely inside and out and well protected from juice dust ingress.
I only use KFL's got a mini v3 really nice but still love those KFL tanks the best, they just work.
Luckily thus far in the UK no one in government appear to have a desire to start any asinine attempts at restrictive legalisation, still get antz stuff in the press though.
Cheers to the classics [add drinking smiley here*]

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
You could stick a magnet on the flat top making it a button top.
No, not recommended, especially with a Provari. Read on.

A magnet, huh? Interesting...I need to look into that.
Same answer as above. Read on.

The magnet issue has been discussed many a time and oft. Some are in favor and others have presented viable reasons NOT to use them.

I believe Provape advised against them and may have voided warranties if they were used. (I think.)

I'm sure some Provi'Natti will be around here in short order with more specific info.

A Provarinati here. :) The Provari was specifically designed to work ONLY with a button top battery. It was Provape's way to make their mod have reverse battery protection (putting battery in with the wrong end first).

The Provari's circuit board was cut precisely to allow only a button top to make electrical connection between it and the battery. Using a magnet to attempt making a flat top battery a button top wouldn't work, and attempting to do so could be dangerous if the Provari was dropped and dislodged the magnet.

Fia8Xrc.jpg

b98352ca2053c6e8776a461aef770275.jpg

Just checked my favorite battery vendor and they have button top LG HG2’s which if you’re not familiar are probably the best 18650 cell if you don’t vape really high wattage. I’m guessing you aren’t because your old school and using a Provari. The Lg’s are 3000mah and 20a discharge and the vendor in this link are a trusted vendor with great prices and service/
LG HG2 3000mAh 20A 18650 - Button Top Battery

Edit: they have all the good 18650’s in button top and in stock. All except the Samsung 30q’s
Much better idea. :thumb:

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Another fan:)
I just love how easy to field strip they are lovely inside and out and well protected from juice dust ingress.
I only use KFL's got a mini v3 really nice but still love those KFL tanks the best, they just work.
Luckily thus far in the UK no one in government appear to have a desire to start any asinine attempts at restrictive legalisation, still get antz stuff in the press though.
Cheers to the classics [add drinking smiley here*]

Those are the only Kayfuns I still use too. The V3 and such are all boxed up and put away. Not my type. I do have one KFL with a "Diamond" top, but it's still KFL.

We vapers love options. :toast:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

My Danitube is actually a V2(+), not a V3. So far, it's been extraordinary. I love the clean look & feel (same reason I dug the Semovar), and REALLY like the fact that it's short for an 18650. Here is sits between a WAE II and a Provi Classic, all three in 18650 mode.

WAE-Dani-ProviClassic_20190705_232749.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread