smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    after a search here found this "The list is not in order of preference. The top all-around, general purpose battery IMHO is the Panasonic PD or PF hybrid series, also sold by Orbtonic after being re-labeled as Orbtronic.

I make no judgement on the top high-amp battery for sub-ohm."...sound like a good choice for this low watt vaper?
    I started off with those, I still have one in rotation. Since it's only 10 amps, be sure to keep your watts under 30 and your coil no lower than 0.5 ohms.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    after a search here found this "The list is not in order of preference. The top all-around, general purpose battery IMHO is the Panasonic PD or PF hybrid series, also sold by Orbtonic after being re-labeled as Orbtronic.

I make no judgement on the top high-amp battery for sub-ohm."...sound like a good choice for this low watt vaper?

Mooch tested 4 orbtronic batteries, but only 3 of the have viewable results. Of the 3 that have viewable results, they all have overrated specs.

If you want to believe Orbtronic is using Panasonic under that wrap and that it is truly a 10 amp battery, that's your call. I choose not to believe a word they say. However, if you vape at well under 10 amps, it might be OK. But I personally would not recommend Orbtronic to anyone and I have my doubts Mooch would either (not that I am speaking for Mooch). In general rewraps are not recommended even if Mooch gives them a good review since they can change the battery under the wrap at any time without anyone knowing it. Plus if they are using OEM rejects, the batteries can vary from one to the next greatly, so testes and reviews are kind of worthless for rewraps, sort of.

And at $12 per battery for a rewrap, to me it's a no-brainer for a no sale since it's a rewrap.

I would ditch the idea of Orbtronic and just find a comparable OEM, not a rewrap, that mooch has tested with a positive review. You'll likely even spend less.

Also, to play it safe, on a true 10A battery, it's best to stay well below 30W. More like under 25W, to give yourself some headroom. This isn't just for safety reasons but also for battery longevity.

• Useful
    Reactions: Opinionated

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    Panasonic PFs were at one time the best high-capacity battery for low-wattage vapers. At 10-15 watts in early DNA (20/30/40) mods, they outlasted everything else on the market -- in 2014.

These days, there are better choices. The 30Q, HG2, and VTC6 all have slightly more capacity and can safely deliver more amps.

I still have some PFs from back then. They still serve me well. In flashlights. :)

PS: I've bought batteries from Orbtronic, but only OEM ones, never their re-wraps. I've never has a problem with OEM batteries from them.

retired2020

May 26, 2021
    Panasonic PFs were at one time the best high-capacity battery for low-wattage vapers. At 10-15 watts in early DNA (20/30/40) mods, they outlasted everything else on the market -- in 2014.

These days, there are better choices. The 30Q, HG2, and VTC6 all have slightly more capacity and can safely deliver more amps.

I still have some PFs from back then. They still serve me well. In flashlights. :)

PS: I've bought batteries from Orbtronic, but only OEM ones, never their re-wraps. I've never has a problem with OEM batteries from them.
    i was not able to afford them back then but the name stuck in my mind.now that i'm a professional vaper now and not living on experience from 7 years ago. i will conduct my own test.:blush:

retired2020

May 26, 2021

i can not edit this post and not what i posted:rules:

retired2020

May 26, 2021
    did not know there was a top all around much less how to darken letters(don't care to).also do cast judgment.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread