Ordering a ProVari, Newbie needs some info!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Optimo358

Apr 1, 2013
Florida
Hello, ECF

I'm about to bite the bullet and order a ProVari. I've been using an Apollo Superior and it really leaves a lot to be desired. Granted it is my first PV and I've had it for a little less than a month, but I am very dissatisfied with it. I constantly get a burnt taste from my clearomizers and it seems like I spend more time trying to get the juice to taste good then I do actually enjoying my vapeing experience, which could be a clearomizer problem. Not to say Apollo isn't a good brand, but I've read nothing but good reviews about the ProVari and I want something I'm going to be completely satisfied with and not having to constantly buy new clearomizers because they taste like burnt plastic after a day.

I know this will probably come down to people's personal preference but I'd like to know what are some good liquid tanks to use on the ProVari? The less hassle the better but I do not want something cheap that is going to deliver a burnt taste a day after using it. Again, I'm pretty new to the whole scene but want to get more informed. This forum has proved to be a greath wealth of knowledge for me already and has helped steer me in the direction of the ProVari.

TL;DR what are some quality, possibly cool looking clearomizers, atomizers, any tank where I can see the liquid I put in for the ProVari.

Thanks in advance.

KevinBrooksTx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2012
DFW (Saginaw), Texas
IF you want something rebuildable, then the ZAP is your best bet. It's a Zen tank and designed with the form of the Provari in mind. If rebuildable isn't your thing, then you're probably at the mercy of whatever carto you use, regardless of tanks. With that said, the Cartomator tank looks great with the Provari, as do most of the Kir Fanis tanks.
Enjoy your Provari..I just got rid of all of mine. I moved on to solely mechanical mods. =o)

FACE MEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA
Kanger Protank. There's plenty of info and reviews around the forum. I have two and am extremely happy with 'em. The tank is glass instead of plastic, allowing you to vape juices that can degrade plastic tanks.

*EDIT* I've got a Protank atop my Provari. Looks good, works well.
8563113369_657b5813cd.jpg

Last edited:

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Hi and welcome to ECF. Used the CE4's but switched 6 months ago to the Vision Mini Vivi Nova. Or you could use carto+ tank. Before ordering the Provari I'd first sort out the delivery device problem because a new PV won't solve your present problem. Even to buy a 5 pack of cartos and if you like them then consider a carto tank.

cmccl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
Verdi, NV
Optimo, Thanks for posting this. I am considering buying Provari but find the juice delivery options a bit confusing. Also, I love the idea of an RBA like the Z-Atty but when I watch the video on making the coil and wick I am not certain I could do it! LOL! I'll be reading the recommendations people give you on this thread. Be sure and let us know what you decide!

Optimo358

Apr 1, 2013
Florida
Thanks for all the advice so far. That was quick! I'll definitely check out the cartomator, Kanger, and the mini nova. Yea, it could be bad cartomizers I'm getting from the vendor or I'm just doing something inherently wrong... the provari says you can order it with a 510 atomizer would someone kindly explain to me why i would need that? I'm guessing I wouldn't need it as it's optional. Thanks again!

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Thanks for all the advice so far. That was quick! I'll definitely check out the cartomator, Kanger, and the mini nova. Yea, it could be bad cartomizers I'm getting from the vendor or I'm just doing something inherently wrong... the provari says you can order it with a 510 atomizer would someone kindly explain to me why i would need that? I'm guessing I wouldn't need it as it's optional. Thanks again!

Atomizer/ Atty- an element on to which 3-4 drops of juice is dripped- usually used for testing new juices because Attys are easy to clean. There are some diehard Atty users because it’s the best vape possible but very time consuming.

_Nix

Jan 16, 2013
United Kingdom
The Kanger ego-style and other clearos look odd on the provari; although I often use them I have to admit its maybe not the most in-keeping in style terms!
I've just ordered a Titanide Cartomizer Tank with some dual coil cartos. The tank dimensions suits the provari; be it 35 or 45 mm high, 16 mm (the narrowest width of the provari) or 20mm (the width of the main body). That's why the protank looks awesome!

The only other piece of advice I would offer is about the size of the provari you are ordering. I ordered a mini and purchased an extension tube from gr-modders.com (can now use a 18650 battery with it) and the provape extension (can use a 18490) as well as the standard mini 18350 size. This gives me lots of options in terms of length, which I find useful.

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
Welcome to ECF, Optimo.

You will definitely enjoy your provari when it arrives. With regard to clearomizers, I highly suggest the Kanger protank. It is my favorite clearo, at the moment. I love using the cartomizer/tank combo on my provari mini. For a tank, I would suggest the IBTanked tanks. It's an excellent tank at great price point. These two delivery devices will serve you quite well for now.

Regardless of whatever delivery devices you may opt for . . . Enjoy your vaping venture.

seahawkin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
Rochelle, VA
I have vivi's, ibtankeds, sidewinders, splitfires, a cobra and a kanger (just ordered 2 more for the husband) and I am looking at getting a ZAP. The learning curve with the rebuildables is pretty tough and I am a pretty nimble gal. When I get it working OMG. The portability also has me nervous.

I think the kanger has me the most impressed by far, then I got tank/carto and last vivi's.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I've written several articles in my blog for new vapors:

Primer on Juice Delivery Attachments: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/3230-1-proper-terminology-carto-tank-what-primer-juice-delivery-attachments.html

Cartotank Setup: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/3710-5-cartomizer-tank-setup.html

List of Vendors Selling Pre-Punched Cartomizers for Cartotanks: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/3295-2-sample-list-vendors-selling-pre-punched-single-coil-cartomizers-cartotanks.html

IBTanked Pyrex Cartotank Review: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/3318-3-ibtanked-pyrex-glass-tanks-review.html

I recommend a pyrex cartotank for your Provari. All the information you will need is in the above blog articles.

IBTanked-MiniProvari.jpg IBTanked-large-small.jpg IBTanked-1.jpg IBTanked-2.jpg

IBTanked cartotanks on Provari's.

antfuzz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Delaware
Before you go out and spend several hundred dollars on a premium mod get your juice delivery system in order. Having a $200 battery won't make your juice taste better.

If you like the way your juice tastes in a cartomizer a tank is a good option. But I would recommend you also try out the Kanger Pro tank. There is very little to fuss with it and much easier to get the juice inside the tank. You will get a much cleaner tasting juice from a clearomizer bottom coil then you will from a cartomizer filled with fiber. But of course that's my opinion.

Kanger Protank Pro Tank Glassomizer

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
You may end up liking a bottom feeder better. Many people do. You can still use them with a carto, but most people buy a good atomizer and just vape juice directly off that....it's the freshest most direct delivery method you're going to find. No batting of a carto, and no wicks of a clearo.

I highly suggest that you buy a 510 dripping atomizer (which you will need to test juices anyway as you buy them) and try dripping onto that coil, and if you love it, then you are a candidate for a bottom feeder!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread