RDA Origen v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
My first nickel build in the Origen V3. This thing is a killer Ni200 atty. Connections are rock solid.

28ga Ni200, 3mm, 9 wraps, 0.11Ω. Running at 30J, 375F. Extreme flavor.

DZNFEfj.jpg

TorontoOntario

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2014
Canada
Haha, Mr Mann. Thats strange. I swear I didnt see your post before I started thinking about getting a V3. The largest air holes are 2.5mm so that would be equal to what? Maybe like a v1 tugboat or what? Im really into flavor, tightish draws and large wells. I also like quality. I just better snag one quick I guess, the shop near me has two.

ThatGuyIvory

Jul 23, 2015
Warsaw, Poland
I'm gonna bump this up a bit if you don't mind as I'm struggling with mesh setup in my v3 clone.
I'm going for a nice dual coil setup, that I could enjoy on 2mm airholes (lower makes my lungs hurt, I enjoy direct lung hits the most) on a mech mod, but I'm having some serious problems to come up with coils that wouldn't ohm out to .5 or lower, which I think is a bit too low. Anything you guys could recommend? (I've got some 0.18, 0.20, 0.30, 0.35 and higher, though I can pick up something else if needed).

Appreciate the help!

EDIT: FYI I'm currently running some .5 microcoils with 0.35 as this is the only setup I managed to do that wouldn't put out heating power of a microwave the moment I think about firing it. Once you go subohm it's harder to get back than you might think. >_>

Reactions: Libbydude

kformeck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
Has anyone tried claptons in this yet? I put in a dual vertical 2x28g NiCr80/32 Kanthal A1 5/6 wrap, 2.4mm ID fused clapton in it (had to wrap the positive leads around the center post instead of through the hole in the center post to get it to fit) and the flavor was not any better than my go-to dual vertical 24g NiCr80 7/8 wrap, 2.4mm ID build. Just thought that was a little odd; no difference in flavor, for the good or for the worse.

I may have milked all of the flavor out this bad boy that I can get with my go-to build; anything different either yields worse flavor or no difference at all.

I just wanted to post this because it seems like almost every atomizer I own has better flavor with claptons (except for maybe the ology, which is very similar to the origen v3 in terms of flavor, draw and chamber size).

Reactions: Mr.Mann

drippaboi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2014
SF Bay Area
I'm going to bump up the Origen v3. I received mine from intaste.de a few days ago (lickity split too and for only $98 all in). This is a great dripper with flavor for days. Clouds aren't the biggest but the vape is pleasantly warm lending to long satisfying super smooth draws with little to no whistling.

I wasn't surprised at all with any of this though, been loving my v2 for several months since I picked it up on the classies. Performance is the basically same, perhaps a little smoother with the domed chamber. The thing I'm really loving is not pulling off the AFC when I'm going for the top cap - and I like the aesthetics better especially in person (but this is subjective) and I also find it much easier to find a matching DT now that the top is flat. Besides the new 2.5mm air hole, even at the 2mm setting the draw is a little more open thanks to the larger outer air hole on the AFC.

For those wondering - as I was - I would say though that overall the upgrade wasn't really worth it, the v2 is still that good. But if you haven't experienced the Origen and it's coming to the top of your list the v3 is a better atty by just an inch.

+1 follower to the Church of Norbert, I'm getting closer to ordering an Origenny every day :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Pushbutton

drippaboi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2014
SF Bay Area
I saw those pop up on the coming soon page for vapinart. I thought it looked pretty great - I tried 14mm attys and the extra elbow room would be more than welcome. I haven't seen the deck yet but I'm hoping it will be built for single vertical coils - with the same positive pole and a hex nut flat on the deck . Unfortunately I gave squonking a go a little while back and found dripping at home and tanks on the go were still more enjoyable for me. But that was mostly due to the mods I tried. I have no doubt a sqonking mod will come out soon that will meet my needs and the Origen Little definitely has my eye.

Last edited:
Reactions: puffon

G-weezy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Minneapolis
Here's what I do to wick the vertical coils.

Grab some leftover piece of kanthal and make a bend with a little circle big enough for the wick to go through.

Feed the wire down the coil.

Thread the wick through the eye enough and pull straight up through the coil.

k7EaeySl.jpg

Pushbutton

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2014
Vienna, Austria
Here's what I do to wick the vertical coils.

Grab some leftover piece of kanthal and make a bend with a little circle big enough for the wick to go through.

Feed the wire down the coil.

Thread the wick through the eye enough and pull straight up through the coil.

k7EaeySl.jpg

Usually i just twist one end of the cotton between my fingers, feed it through the coil and then grab it with a pair of needle tip ceramic tweezers and pull the cotton down bit by bit. Afterwards pull it out of the well and cut the twisted part off at the border of the juicewell and tuck the end back in. Seems to be a good length for having the cotton touch the bottom without over stuffing it.

Dioxyde

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2011
Oregon
Got the Origen v3 clone from Focal and set it up with the bottom feeding pin. It's pretty awesome. The well in the dripper itself holds a ton of juice to help avoid dry hits and since the liquid spits out above the deck you don't get any gross juice going back into your bottle. Using 26g kanthal vertical dual coils (standard), wicked with rayon on the 1.5mm setting, nice and warm and just the right tightness. Kinda a pain to get the wick through the bottom though, need some tweezers.

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
Hey All
I'm a recent convert to the Origen V3 and am very, very happy with it.

As to wicking vertical coils I do mine the same as the Marquis which I got from Phil Busardo's review video. I cut about 3/32-1/8" wide KGD, peal off the thick sides, roll it a bit in the middle, center it over the coil and push it through with a 1/16" drill bit til touching the bottom of the deck, then trim the tops. I've had no lack for flavor on either RDA.

Please overlook the bad coil building. I was in a hurry and have done a better job since then...hehe. 20150911_201048.jpg

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
I'm on the list for Paul's MyMod and want an Origen with the BF pin. That's a damn good price you got there.

Yeah, I saw it posted on another site and snagged it immediately. The BF pin alone sells for like $16. I'm also on the Paul's list - can't wait to see those mods start shipping.

Reactions: 67Tele
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread