OSDIY - flavors, % used and everything else

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@Ablonz - Hopefully you knew about the ECF or JFK coupon code to use. Always saves at least 11%, but more during special sales events.

I hope you'll like the LS + LL as much as quite a few of us do. The BCR is 1 of my favorites, too, since I first started buying from them in mid-2016.

Shane, Kim's husband, does all the packing and shipping for them. I wouldn't be surprised if he combines your order, and puts a note on the receipt saying that you have a credit/gift certificate with them in the amount of the second S/H you paid. :) I've received 1 when I placed 2 orders because I forgot something.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Yeah, I don't use them very often either, TFA is still one of my main flavorings I use, and when I can't find it anywhere else, I go to the main source. I did not know Capella had discontinued theirs, I have a lot of their flavorings as well but not the egg nog. I just checked my inventory sheet, and I had it on my next list to buy, I guess I wont be getting it now. I just wanted to make sure you knew about TFA's main website. :)

KAS

Something that I fail to do sometimes is go to the source when I get comfortable with vendors I know well and trust. Capella did not list the Nog on its site starting a long time ago. I checked again before posting the above... still not on their list.

I downloaded their current list and photo cropped it to share with the folks here. It ought to keep us 'informed' on their offerings for the time being anyway, and only leaves finding a vendor that stocks the elixir of interest. :)

If you run Windows, right click on and save this image it will be saved full size for easier reading.
capflavors1s.jpg

Last edited:

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Maybe you could get at least (1) 30mL of it from NG...before Spydro discovers my post above about it. ;) I bought a few myself earlier, since they didn't have any 4oz. bottles of it.

That makes sense. Maybe Spydro won't buy it all at NG though, and you can get a bottle later. Unless there are others who really love it, too, chances are they won't sell out of all those bottles very quickly.

I haven't tried the Flavorah Egg Nog, nor any others of theirs. I've pretty much stayed with mostly TFA, OSDIY OSF & OSB, CAP and about a handful each of WF, INW, LOR, FW, and FA.

Thanks for the info JC.

960ml's of CAP Nog going once, going twice, going...... :D
Just kidding, as I assume you were even though you know that I do buy whatever I want.

Since none of my recipes are true ADV's, I don't have enough time left in my life to use up that much of one flavor concentrate even with my large daily/nightly joose usage. I have upwards of 160 DIY recipes that I have perfected over the near 6 years I've made my own for my personal taste, and am still adding a few more now and then as I dream them up. Most are for rotations throughout the year, but some are for specific holidays, anniversaries, seasons or incidents that bring back to memory my lifetime. The later ones are only vaped for a few days to a couple of weeks once a year IOW. So bottom line it takes me a long time to cycle thru that many recipes in my rotations. To help make it sooner than later, gone are the days of making 1 liter, 500ml and 250ml batches of a recipe... now days I only mix 120ml-150ml batches, and when a bottle runs dry I put a different recipe in it.

I will buy more CAP NOG thanks to your lead... how much I haven't decided yet. But the lions share of those remaining 32 30ml's are safe from me.

If I was a few years younger though... :sneaky: ;)

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
All this talk of LL and LS made me break out my cards and make a couple orders. Then to top it off about LA CCI that may be needed for BCR, needed to add a single order. I told them in the comments to just put the single order in the first one, as it is flat rate, and keep the shipping and handling from the second as a tip for being a great company and keep up the great work!
Order date: 01/13/2019
Order#: *****
Shipping to:
Items Ordered:
Price: Status:

Order date: 01/13/2019
Order#: *****
Shipping to:
Items Ordered:
Price: Status:

By nature I'm not a follower, I have always blazed my own trails. But from hanging out on this thread sometime back I too bought all 5 of those you have ordered above (and a couple more). I did listen to those here who used them regular, tried some of their suggestions. But since our vaping styles are different it still took some T&E to find my percentages for all of them. I do all of my DYI to my personal taste and the gear it will be ran in, and that usually means different recipes than most folks use. But ever since the spot was found with all of these I have included them in my DIY rotations.

I have used the LL and LS stand alone, each of them with other flavors and together with no other additives other than VG/PG.
I mix the Shamrock strong enough to stand alone.
I too bought the CCI to go with the BCR. I did the BCR stand alone, and I used just a trace of the CCI with the BCR to my tastes (that doesn't like overly sweet). It does add to the experience, so I do add it to my batches.

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Frozen Tundra, WI Cheesehead
@Ablonz - Hopefully you knew about the ECF or JFK coupon code to use. Always saves at least 11%, but more during special sales events.

I hope you'll like the LS + LL as much as quite a few of us do. The BCR is 1 of my favorites, too, since I first started buying from them in mid-2016.

Shane, Kim's husband, does all the packing and shipping for them. I wouldn't be surprised if he combines your order, and puts a note on the receipt saying that you have a credit/gift certificate with them in the amount of the second S/H you paid. :) I've received 1 when I placed 2 orders because I forgot something.

That would be Awesome but didn't do that for any other reason than that I wanted to. :) Also, yes I did put in ECF coupon code so all set there! Hoping to find a nice Latte vape that my wife will like the aroma.

By nature I'm not a follower, I have always blazed my own trails. But from hanging out on this thread sometime back I too bought all 5 of those you have ordered above (and a couple more). I did listen to those here who used them regular, tried some of their suggestions. But since our vaping styles are different it still took some T&E to find my percentages for all of them. I do all of my DYI to my personal taste and the gear it will be ran in, and that usually means different recipes than most folks use. But ever since the spot was found with all of these I have included them in my DIY rotations.

I have used the LL and LS stand alone, each of them with other flavors and together with no other additives other than VG/PG.
I mix the Shamrock strong enough to stand alone.
I too bought the CCI to go with the BCR. I did the BCR stand alone, and I used just a trace of the CCI with the BCR to my tastes (that doesn't like overly sweet). It does add to the experience, so I do add it to my batches.

I am like you as going on my own but this one really peaked my interest as I had no luck with a coffee flavor vape yet. As for the BCR, I have been trying to clone Cream Teams Cinnaroll for the last couple months. Getting closer but its still lacking just a little bit of something. As for the Shamrock I have been in the mood as St. Patrick's Day is coming up and I usually get a couple Shamrock shakes from McDonalds so having a vape for it would be awesome!! I have 178 Different flavors but only around a dozen ADV that I rotate. Keep in mind that I usually vape Unflavored @ 24 mg/ml 1.5 ohm 7 watts 80% of the time (got me to quit 28 year addiction)but flavored ejuice is always @ 3mg/ml, .2 -.6 ohm coil 17-50 watts. I always cater to my taste so it does not go to waste. My only down fall is that I have never made any stand alone flavors for myself. I have always been intrigued by the complex vapes so that is where I started. The lowest is 4 different flavors to the highest of 11 different flavors for my all time ADV Blueberry muffin that took 5 months to master. Maybe I should start doing stand alones to see exactly where the flavors sit if I can find the time of course.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
That would be Awesome but didn't do that for any other reason than that I wanted to. :) Also, yes I did put in ECF coupon code so all set there! Hoping to find a nice Latte vape that my wife will like the aroma.

I am like you as going on my own but this one really peaked my interest as I had no luck with a coffee flavor vape yet. As for the BCR, I have been trying to clone Cream Teams Cinnaroll for the last couple months. Getting closer but its still lacking just a little bit of something. As for the Shamrock I have been in the mood as St. Patrick's Day is coming up and I usually get a couple Shamrock shakes from McDonalds so having a vape for it would be awesome!! I have 178 Different flavors but only around a dozen ADV that I rotate. Keep in mind that I usually vape Unflavored @ 24 mg/ml 1.5 ohm 7 watts 80% of the time (got me to quit 28 year addiction)but flavored ejuice is always @ 3mg/ml, .2 -.6 ohm coil 17-50 watts. I always cater to my taste so it does not go to waste. My only down fall is that I have never made any stand alone flavors for myself. I have always been intrigued by the complex vapes so that is where I started. The lowest is 4 different flavors to the highest of 11 different flavors for my all time ADV Blueberry muffin that took 5 months to master. Maybe I should start doing stand alones to see exactly where the flavors sit if I can find the time of course.

IMO the right way to start DIY is the way I did on my own... by learning each concentrate itself stand alone, then doing two or three together to learn how they complimented each other (or didn't) before making more complex recipes with them. I use no nic in my DIY (I wasn't addicted to it).

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
So,what % do you mix the BCR and do you use any enhancers or anything else with it to make it pop? I am using Yellow Cake (FW) to help bring out the roll part. For my Cinnaroll I am using Brown Sugar (TFA), Butter (CAP), DX Cinnmon Danish (TFA), Cinnamon Spice (TFA), Circus Cotton Candy (TFA), Meringue (TFA), Vanilla Sweetner (SD), and Yellow Cake (FW) for my recipe....Base flavor is cinnamon danish and yellow cake, secondary is Brown Sugar, butter, and cinnamon spice, and top layer is cotton candy, meringue, and vanilla sweetner. 16.5% total flavor

Reactions: IDJoel

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
IMO the right way to start DIY is the way I did on my own... by learning each concentrate itself stand alone, then doing two or three together to learn how they complimented each other (or didn't) before making more complex recipes with them. I use no nic in my DIY (I wasn't addicted to it).

:thumbs:I have always read that along with a lot of people in DIY section said to take lots of notes and start out with lower percentages as it is easier to add flavor than it is to take out.

• Agree
Reactions: IDJoel

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
So,what % do you mix the BCR and do you use any enhancers or anything else with it to make it pop?

When I mix the BCR for my own 7mg eliquid, I like BCR @ 10% + .3% CCI. Another person I make it for, who vapes 12mg eliquids...likes BCR @ 12% + .4% CCI. She's still dual using and needs a little more flavoring for her taste buds to be happy.

I sometimes also like the BCR @ 8% + LS @ 2.5% for a little caramel vanilla cheesecakey touch to it, too.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Thanks again for the lead @JCinFLA. I took a 'head count' to see just how much flavor concentrate I actually do have on hand...:eek: :shock: :blink:.

So I settled on just 6 of the 32 CAP Egg Nog's from NG (with so much flavor concentrate on hand being rotated I probably won't even get this 180ml all used up before the Reaper calls). Even so, while I was at it I couldn't help myself and sent another order to OSDIY for a few bottles and 480ml. I know nothing about NG yet, so would rather give the business to OSDIY.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I know nothing about NG yet, so would rather give the business to OSDIY.
NG is nothing more than the new face of what used to be RTS. The owner ran into personal legal problems, went "out of business," and magically reopened as Nicotine Giant less than a year later.

I was not thrilled with some of the (apparent?) duplicity, that went on during the business change. But, my delicate sensibilities:facepalm: aside; billing, shipping, and product, of my multiple orders (both as RTS, and NG) have always been without complaint. They are not my first choice, but I won't hesitate to order from them, if the need arises. :)

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Well, I finally got around to mixing my LL and LS with Vanilla Sweetner from Sugar Daddy added. Gotta say I was pleasantly surprised at how well it tasted right after mixing. My first mix is 4% LL, 5%LS and 1% Vanilla Sweetner. Perfect blend for my palate. Normally I would have to let it age 3-4 weeks for the one I had mixed using TFA Cappiccino at only .5%. Subtle but strong coffee flavor on the inhale with a creamy caramel and vanilla on the exhale. Now on to letting it age!!!!! Used on a 0.4 ohm @ 60 watts. Thanks for the info on %'s @JCinFLA !!

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Gotta say I was pleasantly surprised at how well it tasted right after mixing. My first mix is 4% LL, 5%LS and 1% Vanilla Sweetner. Perfect blend for my palate.

I'm glad you like it! :thumbs:

I just mixed another batch (LS @ 7% + LL @ 6%) this afternoon for myself. Took a 200mL batch (LS + LL at 6% each) to my hairdresser Friday. It's been her ADV for more than a year now. :)

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Sorry, the red x was never intended. I am a big LL and LS fan and agree with you entirely.
No worries. I just wanted to know why you disagreed in case if you had some different information about the flavor that other people could find useful. Flavor is subjective and everybody is different. We are all adults here and can carry on a decent conversation. Have a great day!!!

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I'm glad you like it! :thumbs:

I just mixed another batch (LS @ 7% + LL @ 6%) this afternoon for myself. Took a 200mL batch (LS + LL at 6% each) to my hairdresser Friday. It's been her ADV for more than a year now. :)

I just made up another 120ml batch of LS/LL as well, have it in a mech squonk mod and a regulated squonk mod, both with mesh RDA's on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread