Our Member, Frubbish to give ABC TV News Interview on E-Cigs Tomorrow - Let’s Wish Frubbish Luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
My hat is off to our two Denver forum members who braved the TV cameras for all of our benefits!!!!! You guys did great. The lesson I have learned from your all's experience is that the reporter will edit your remarks to less than 1% of what you actually said. So I guess when being interviewed, I would answer every questions the same way: Ques: What is your name? Ans: Electronic Vaporizers are a wonderful alternative to real cigarettes with NONE of the carcinogenetic chemicals so they are much better for me than cigarettes and produce nothing but water vapor with no smell so they will not offend non-smokers or harm non-smokers. Ques: Where do you live? Ans: Repeat answer above, etc, etc, etc, etc, on and on and on.

I will leave them with nothing to edit, lol.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I forgot, once I saw the actual video, it definitely scewed the story towards a cost issue instead of a better alternative to smoking. They should have allowed our forum members the ability to demonstrate and explain the advantages of the vaporizer to others in the resturant and I bet at least some of them would have given a positive response.

That being said, I actually believe it was a better presentation of e-vaporizers than I have seen in other TV news clips. Let's just say it could have been worse and our forum members did a great job.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Wish I could, where is it?

Try this

Originally Posted by CssReb
I was having a problem too until I was about to give up and clicked on the smiley face next to bizzyb0t's name above the video and waalaaa! it came up.

Hope that helps

go to the link e-cig news clip I'm in and click on the smiley face next to his name

Frubbish

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Colorado, USA
My hat is off to our two Denver forum members who braved the TV cameras for all of our benefits!!!!! You guys did great. The lesson I have learned from your all's experience is that the reporter will edit your remarks to less than 1% of what you actually said. So I guess when being interviewed, I would answer every questions the same way: Ques: What is your name? Ans: Electronic Vaporizers are a wonderful alternative to real cigarettes with NONE of the carcinogenetic chemicals so they are much better for me than cigarettes and produce nothing but water vapor with no smell so they will not offend non-smokers or harm non-smokers. Ques: Where do you live? Ans: Repeat answer above, etc, etc, etc, etc, on and on and on.

I will leave them with nothing to edit, lol.

Haha! Brilliant idea!

DisMan

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2008
You know guys, I must say "Thank You" for going into a public place and tolerating the stares and attitude from the other patrons. When I watched that video, I could not believe how much of a hate these non-smoking .......s have against smokers from a public setting.

I never realized how much I hid from the public when smoking....just now, I realize all the DisneyLand trips I made where I had to endure some little 12 year old walking down the Big Thunder path (next to the smoking section) and doing their little coughing bit, treating me like I was some ....... IN the meantime, that 12 year old will probably be diagnosed with ADD or as being BiPolar....do I get to treat them with disrespect and mock them by walking by making a ...... noise and flapping my hands wildly? When do I get to treat others as second rate citizens?

In the end, I still don't flaunt my e-cig and openly challenge the "rules". I go out to the smoking section, or go in my car, to vape. Why do I do that? Because people have been treating my habitual addiction as something that made me second rate. (Yet I'm a B student in college and a very much desired person at work, loving father, etc...)

I was just sitting here and thinking about that video...the old lady with her attitude problem. You're a second rate citizen but she's well on her way to using the kindness of others grant her a parking spot in the front row, or using some of our tax payer money to wipe her ... after she uses the restroom because she doesn't have the dexterity anymore. But she looked down on you.

For stepping into that environment, I thank you. Will be jumping on the "in your face" bandwagon here. I need to vape in a mall after I eat my food in the food court. I need to go to DisneyLand, stand in line, and vape. I need to vape in movie theaters and restaurants, bowling alleys, and bars.

Why? Because I don't get out much being a second rate citizen...the people have sh*t on me for 10 years now. It's my turn to start letting them know that we have probably done what they wanted...the suppliers have eliminated the danger to others by eliminating second hand smoke. That danger to others was the only legitimate platform the anti-smoking campaigns had against smoking.

I think it is time.

exogenesis

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2009
UK
Yes, thanks for the effort on everyone's behalf - wish there could be more like that.
(& thanks for the link Sun)

However, if I was an 'un-interested' non-smoker,
I still think I'd have caught most of the negative general inuendos,
rather than the few 'personal' positives:

'illegal', 'unregulated' and general uncertainty
vs
'helped me a lot'

Still no publicity is bad publicity ..... is it?

bizzyb0t

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Denver CO, USA
twitter.com

Frubbish

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Colorado, USA
You know guys, I must say "Thank You" for going into a public place and tolerating the stares and attitude from the other patrons. When I watched that video, I could not believe how much of a hate these non-smoking .......s have against smokers from a public setting.

It was a little unnerving sitting in the center of that crowd, but I didn't care really... And the lady sitting behind me was asking a bunch of questions on how it works and where to get one as she is a current smoker, but she didn't want to be on camera, so no one was able to hear her reaction. All in all, I had a good time doing it, and was glad to lend a hand for the cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread