Our Pets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to meet you Georgia! Does she talk?

She does a little. She says "No" since she hears it a lot. Also, when we want her to get up on our finger, we say "step up", and she does. Consequently, when she's in her cage and wants out, she says "step up step up step up step up step up " She's still pretty young. I want to teach her how to say "Help, someone turned me into a parrot"

Last edited:

starsong

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
SoCal
She does a little. She says "No" since she hears it a lot. Also, when we want her to get up on our finger, we say "step up", and she does. Consequently, when she's in her cage and wants out, she says "step up step up step up step up step up " She's still pretty young. I want to teach her how to say "Help, someone turned me into a parrot"

:lol: that would be hilarious!

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
View attachment 36141

She's a Quaker Parrot. We named her after the reaper chick on Dead Like Me, since she was purchased after COPYRIGHTDMCA the cockatiel died.

Awww.

Now I want a new bird, to keep me company until I can import Mike.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Well, I just came back from the market with two new Easter pets. A lutino Lovebird, and a Siberian Chipmonk. I know Chicks and Rabbits are more traditional, but I've always been weird that way. ;)

New Pets 001.jpg New Pets 002.jpg

starsong

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
SoCal

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Congrats on your new editions Leaford :) Very cute... no names yet?

Not yet. I want to get to know them first. Not to mention, pragmatically speaking, find out if they get sick and die or not. This wasn't exactly an air conditioned pet shop in a mall. More like a pile of dirty crates under a tarp.

Unfortunatly, I've found a growth on the lovebird's neck. All I can do is hope it's a benign growth, or something simple like an ingrown feather. But it looks like a freaking third eye on the back of it's head!!! :shock: :evil:

So, the leading candidate for the lovebird's name is Damian. :laugh:

redempti0N

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
staten island USA
Not yet. I want to get to know them first. Not to mention, pragmatically speaking, find out if they get sick and die or not. This wasn't exactly an air conditioned pet shop in a mall. More like a pile of dirty crates under a tarp.

Unfortunatly, I've found a growth on the lovebird's neck. All I can do is hope it's a benign growth, or something simple like an ingrown feather. But it looks like a freaking third eye on the back of it's head!!! :shock: :evil:

So, the leading candidate for the lovebird's name is Damian. :laugh:

well going by your record of computers bought in the market I wish you the best with these pets.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
well going by your record of computers bought in the market I wish you the best with these pets.

Yeah, my record with pets in China isn't any better I'm afraid. :(

I tried to rescue a lost lovebird I found in my apartment's garden, but it died overnight.

I bought two parakeets from a vendor carring bird cages on a bamboo pole, and one died a couple weeks later. It had a growth on it's ..... The other died while I was in the US getting a new visa. My housekeeper didn't realize I wanted her to keep coming and feeding it like always. :grr:

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
With that lump on his neck, I'm thinking Igor or Egor.

And I'm guessing the chipmunk's name is gonna end up being Damnit by default.

"Damnit, stop making all that noise!"
"Damnit, where did you hide my carts?"
"You've got to be kidding me! Damnit, why do you keep ...... in my shoes?!?!?"

I'm starting to think it should be WTF, as in WTF was I thinking buying a squirrel? I know birds, not squirels!

I've seen these guys before, in Thailand, and always wished I could have one, but it was a safe wish, one I knew I couldn't really have. Like a monkey. Now here it was, and it was less than $10.

Of course, now that I have it home, buyers remorse is settiing in and that's where the WTF comes in. It's not as cute and cuddly as that one in Thailand, now that the cutsey goggles have worn off. That one was young, with reddish fur and a full and fluffy tail. This one looks older, and more scruffy than fluffy. The tail's actually scraggly truth to tell, but the only other one they had had no tail at all.

And beyond it being marginally cute, what good is it? Am I going to trust it out to pet it? Somehow I don't think the lady I bought it from bottle fed it by hand and taught it to love the human touch. WTF have I done? WTF little potential monster have I brought into my home? Wiki says it eats small birds in the wild. Is my lovebird too big for it?

He is cute, though. :lol: :laugh: :cry:

redempti0N

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
staten island USA
I'm starting to think it should be WTF, as in WTF was I thinking buying a squirrel? I know birds, not squirels!

I've seen these guys before, in Thailand, and always wished I could have one, but it was a safe wish, one I knew I couldn't really have. Like a monkey. Now here it was, and it was less than $10.

Of course, now that I have it home, buyers remorse is settiing in and that's where the WTF comes in. It's not as cute and cuddly as that one in Thailand, now that the cutsey goggles have worn off. That one was young, with reddish fur and a full and fluffy tail. This one looks older, and more scruffy than fluffy. The tail's actually scraggly truth to tell, but the only other one they had had no tail at all.

And beyond it being marginally cute, what good is it? Am I going to trust it out to pet it? Somehow I don't think the lady I bought it from bottle fed it by hand and taught it to love the human touch. WTF have I done? WTF little potential monster have I brought into my home? Wiki says it eats small birds in the wild. Is my lovebird too big for it?

He is cute, though. :lol: :laugh: :cry:

Name it Gizmo and follow the instructions from the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread