Status
Not open for further replies.

want to quit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Germany/ Atlanta, GA
I wanted to post here for oh so long but never found the time until now.

My girlfriend, mom, and dad always wanted a Dog but my mom and I are allergic to dogs and cat's. My dad searched for years to find a dog that is for people that have allergies so he found the Labradoodle (Sugar) our first dog and of course SUPER SPOILED!! Now that my gf and I moved out this dog gets chicken and rice every night + she sleeps in their bed under the blanket a total nut case both my mom and Sugar

sugar1.jpg

5 years old

2 years later I drove home with my Jeep (without the hood on it) and heard the whole way home a cat noise in my car turns out this lil guy (Maxi) found himself a nice spot under my front seat. Best Cat in the world he is now 2-3 years old.

maxi1.jpg

I had to do volunteer hours to receive in state tuition for college and decided to do it at an animal shelter. 1 day this huge dog comes into the clinic (Chloe) super skinny but so pretty as well some idiot left her outside for years did not feed her and had heart warms and everything really they did not even know if she will make it. I took her home because it for sure is better then sitting in a cage. Half year later we decided to adopt her which was a hard decision since we both work but it for sure turned out to be the best choice we ever made. She was down to 45 pounds and is now 115 pounds (has to lose 10 pounds) and doing fine. 8 years old supose to be a Newfoundland but she looks like a Newfoundland mix. Best dog I ever had, without a doubt even though she hates our cats.

25592_401296844107_663289107_4858663_4228982_n.jpg

clohe1.jpg

And last but not least 1 year ago Maxi found a buddy and brought him home and he never left (Felix)

felix1.jpg

Randine

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2011
Maryland
wow WTQ is that the same dog. if so she is lucky you found her. my dog Reggie is a lab newfoundland mix. and he was 30 lbs underweight when we got him with bad kennel sores on his elbows and knees. since we got him he put on the weight he needed and the sores healed up. he is the best dog i have ever had, and dont know how someone could have treated him so badly.

want to quit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Germany/ Atlanta, GA
Great to hear Randi I noticed that if you safe a dog they will give you the love back and know exactly what you did for them. And yes it's the same dog the one pic on the sofa is from when we got her and the doc said she would probably not make it 50/50 chance. Now look at her all happy in 1-2inch snow that we had last winter. How old is your dog?

want to quit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Germany/ Atlanta, GA
Thanks for sharing the pictures of your awesome family WTQ :)

There are special tortures in hell for people who abuse children and animals, and special places in heaven for those who rescue them.

Thanks Star we missed you here have not seen ya in a while good you are back. :)

want to quit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Germany/ Atlanta, GA
NEMO!!!!!!! I love fishes only issue with them is cleaning the aquarium which is a pain sometimes but they are just too cute and fun to watch in their aquarium. I am sure your daughter will be so happy good luck when she asks "dad can I pet and squeeze it" that's what my neighbor kids always ask.

All the best Bill stay safe.

GA Bill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2011
Georgia
NEMO!!!!!!! I love fishes only issue with them is cleaning the aquarium which is a pain sometimes but they are just too cute and fun to watch in their aquarium. I am sure your daughter will be so happy good luck when she asks "dad can I pet and squeeze it" that's what my neighbor kids always ask.

All the best Bill stay safe.

Hahaha WTQ, pet and squeeze! Hope that doesn't happen. We have had lots of fish, but this will be our first attempt at a salt water aquarium.

Randine

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2011
Maryland
Reggie will be 2 on the 9th. he also had a blast chasing snowballs last winter. my mom bought him a baby pool for the summer lol. she watches him every so often. he goes crazy in that thing, then after awhile he just lays down (in the water)and relaxes while my mom reads her book. ill have to get a pic of it next time.
im glad your dog is doing well. she is a good looking dog

Randine

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2011
Maryland
yeah just lays there and enjoys life. there is a pic of Reggie on page 8 post 76. yeah the next time i take him to my moms ill get a pic of him in the pool. might be awhile since he injured his leg pretty bad on tuesday.it was a freak accident. he was running around the house happy to see me and twisted his leg. he was in severe pain so i took him to the emergency vet. they told me he hyper-extended a tendon in his leg. i have never heard a dog howl in pain so badly before in my life it was the worst thing i have ever heard. i have been a firefighter for the last 8 years and have heard people scream in pain. that doesnt bother me but when its an animal doing it, it really gets to me. he is doing alot better tho. for the first two days all he would do was pace and stare at the wall. he wouldnt lay down bc of the pain. nothing i would do would get him to lay down. he is feeling alot better today and has slept for most of the day thank god.

want to quit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Germany/ Atlanta, GA
Ok, had to share this. Today, one of my cockatiels started doing impressions of what my quaker parrot sounds like when it's doing impressions of my cockatiels. Potential infinite loop here, I think.

Lol I am sorry but that just made me laugh so hard. I bet you were relaxing on the sofa with your Bloog and watching it.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
One of the things I wanted to do here in Shanghai this weekend was to look for a pet market with a good parrot. ANd i found almost the perfect little guy, a Sun Conure who's only 6 months old, just weaned, and was hand fed, so he's sweet and gentle. I don't know if I'll be able to arrange to bring him home though. I'd need a vet check and health certificate to bring him on the plane, and I don't think I can get one before I leave. Such a shame. IT's such a perfect stroke of luck to find a young, hand trained bird. And he was the only parrot larger than a cockatiel there, so it's not like the odds of finding one were very high.

On the other hand, just before leaving Shenzhen, I heard about a bird market in Shenzhen that I can check when I get back, so maybe I'll get lucky again. Best I can hope for.

Audio Weasel

ECF Veteran
so what your saying is your cockatiel is doing an impression of your parrot thats doing an impression of your cockatiel. so therefore your cockatiel is doing a secondhand impression of itself lol. i have talked myself in one to many circles and have no idea if this is right or makes any sense at all lol

That's EXACTLY what's going on lol

want to quit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Germany/ Atlanta, GA
One of the things I wanted to do here in Shanghai this weekend was to look for a pet market with a good parrot. ANd i found almost the perfect little guy, a Sun Conure who's only 6 months old, just weaned, and was hand fed, so he's sweet and gentle. I don't know if I'll be able to arrange to bring him home though. I'd need a vet check and health certificate to bring him on the plane, and I don't think I can get one before I leave. Such a shame. IT's such a perfect stroke of luck to find a young, hand trained bird. And he was the only parrot larger than a cockatiel there, so it's not like the odds of finding one were very high.

On the other hand, just before leaving Shenzhen, I heard about a bird market in Shenzhen that I can check when I get back, so maybe I'll get lucky again. Best I can hope for.

I wanted to ask you anyways are you from the States or from China? and if you are from the States do you ever come back or have you found your place of happiness in China?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread