The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Ovale V8 VV discussion!

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by dragonbone, Jun 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. dragonbone

dragonbone Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 21, 2009
    Somewhere
    Yay!! Just got my Ovale V8 VV! Please share your pics and reviews!

[​IMG]

2. carlton

carlton Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 28, 2010
    Albuquerque
    I didn't know there were colored ones. I just thought there was black and white. lol

What do you think of it?

3. YoureFired

YoureFired Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 28, 2012
    The Berserkshires, MA
    Sweeeet! Yeah, where did you get it in gold? Health Cabin? Did it come with the gold tip?

Here's my Ovale v8..
    OvaleV8.1.jpg

4. YoureFired

Apr 28, 2012
    The Berserkshires, MA
    I want to get a spare set of batteries and a different charger.. My v8 takes two 18350 900mah batteries, but can I use two 18350 700mahs?

Also, do you recommend AW or Trustfire?

I'd ask Sailorman, but I've been bugging him too much lately about ohms and watts and such..

5. ejervjero

ejervjero Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 16, 2012
    Raleigh,NC
    Ya I see china has a gold looking one like OP but also a silver type looking one.

There is also a red and blue one in china.

6. YoureFired

Apr 28, 2012
    The Berserkshires, MA
    I like how the nice box the kit comes in opens and closes. It took me a minute to figure out how to "slide" the box open before I realized it was just folded over and closed magnetically. I almost thought I'd have to cut the box open somehow to get my Ovale out, lol.

7. dragonbone

May 21, 2009
    Somewhere
    Yes, the V8's come in black, yellow-gold, bright-white, silver-grey and a kind of light green color. The gold driptip was originally made for the eGo-T atty but also fits the EMDCC (and that's what I had it for). I bought it at Health Cabin. I was so pleased that the driptip looks so nice with the gold V8.

Yes, beautiful presentation box, I also didn't realize how to open it at first lol.

As far as the different batteries are concerned; if they fit, I'm pretty sure they can be used. Why not?

I love this device. It's awesome!!!!! By the way, how did you get the door open? I struggled for ages and eventually used a silicone oven mitt :p and it popped open immediately.

8. ejervjero

Jan 16, 2012
    Raleigh,NC
    I think health cabin might of taken it off their site if it was ever there though. I haven't been able to find it past couple days.

9. dragonbone

May 21, 2009
    Somewhere
    No, only the gold tip is from Health Cabin. The Ovale V8 I bought directly from alibaba (China).

10. ejervjero

Jan 16, 2012
    Raleigh,NC
    Ah always hear either good news from people buying from Alibaba or bad news. I guess it's if you end up with a good supplier or not. I did look on there awhile ago and saw only 1 vendor selling the Ovale V8 with a min purchase of 1 device for $22-27 for a kit.

11. YoureFired

Apr 28, 2012
    The Berserkshires, MA
    The battery door is hard to open, but not impossible, lol! I thought I might crack the whole unit just trying to press hard enough to get it open, but it held strong under pressure. I'm completely satisfied with mine and want for nothing more. I have a gooseneck on order for it. I think those look really cool on a v8 and it's like having a sippy straw on it, haha..

12. ejervjero

Jan 16, 2012
    Raleigh,NC
    The goose neck is another thing I been looking at but still haven't see anyone yet using it with a tank lol

I have 4 mini submarine tanks that I use due to the amount of juice that I go through.

13. YoureFired

Apr 28, 2012
    The Berserkshires, MA
  14. kalebk07

kalebk07 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2012
    Spokane, WA
    I should get my Black V8 from DiscountVapers.com tomorrow or tuesday!!! Hopefully tomorrow since it shoed it arrived in my city at 1:28am this morning!!! Im so stoked!!!

15. dragonbone

May 21, 2009
    Somewhere
    You are going to LOVE it!
    A little tip... be careful with LR cartos even on the lowest voltage. This thing is POWERFUL! I only buy LR, but now I'm going to have to stock up on some higher resistance Stardusts.

16. kalebk07

Apr 2, 2012
    Spokane, WA
    Not to worry, all i've got are SR Boges and the highest ohm you can get (im too lazy to go look, lol) phoenix clearos from GotVapes. Although I did order this from VapeDudes and the resistance isnt listed: 6mL Multi-Colored CE7 any ideas?? I was told when I asked here that its the vision grande tank and maybe they only come in 1 resistance?? I also wasn't prompted to choose a color, I hope I dont get purple lol!

17. donnah

donnah Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Yea.. from the review, it shows it to have the same PWM that the Vmax has/had. There were a lot of complaints that the vmax wasn't calibrated right and the voltage didn't match "what the set voltage was supposed to feel like". I have mixed feelings on this. On the one hand, you can just disregard the numbers that the readout says and just vape what feels right but on the other hand, if you rely on numbers, it might be a bit confusing to some who already have something like a provari and know what voltage they normally like to vape with a certain resistance. It's all good though and for $30, it's a deal.

18. kalebk07

Apr 2, 2012
    Spokane, WA
    Shouldn't be a problem for me since its my first VV device!! Everybody please pray that I receive it tomorrow!!! If I don't I might go postal on USPS!! Kidding!!!

19. YoureFired

Apr 28, 2012
    The Berserkshires, MA
    Discount Vapers gets five stars from me for their fast order and shipping process. I ordered it Tuesday night and got a USPS tracking number the next morning. Of course they're only a two hour drive from me, so it was in my hands the next day.

20. kalebk07

Apr 2, 2012
    Spokane, WA
    Yea, I hate it when pay day lands on a Friday! Lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.