• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Pagan/Wiccan Revival 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I never got to to this when I was younger, and I was always drawn to it. So thank you for being so welcoming.
You are most welcome....It's never too late to get into (if you were ever interested) this Earth Based practice...(I don't like the work religion)...

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
You are most welcome....It's never too late to get into (if you were ever interested) this Earth Based practice...(I don't like the work religion)...
Ooh the word religion..... oooh she brought it up... cuss word there.. bleh. vomit.... why does anyone need to tell them how to do it? Just like Blue said, do it your own way, you learn from others and from books, but your way is no way wrong..... holding back the throw up for the word religion.....

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Ooh the word religion..... oooh she brought it up... cuss word there.. bleh. vomit.... why does anyone need to tell them how to do it? Just like Blue said, do it your own way, you learn from others and from books, but your way is no way wrong..... holding back the throw up for the word religion.....
LOL...Sorry Tiggs...but it needed to be said....

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
Okay @leftyandsparky this is how I am, so take it with a grain of salt... From what little I know your card, The Hanged man.
The Hanged Man is the only Tarot card visibly based on a mythological figure. He is Odin, the Norse god who hung from the World Tree for nine days to earn the knowledge of the Runes. Of all the cultures who embody the search for knowledge in their myths, only Odin carries out his quest without moving, at least in the physical sense. The true quest is seeking within, not without. This may be confusing at first, but only because the Hanged Man is the card of the paradox. The Hanged Man's mysteries are some of the oddest yet most enlightening the Tarot has to offer, and they cannot be learned by searching for lessons in the physical world - you must turn within.

Even the appearance of the card is paradoxical. Simple in design, it is one of the more complex Arcana. The lessons it offers are easy to understand but hard to accept when they apply to you. The most obvious answer to a problem may be the simplest, but it is rarely the best. To admit that you are afraid will give you the strength to conquer your fear. When you relinquish your desire for control, everything begins to work as it should. In a world in which you must run as fast as you can to stay where you are, the Hanged Man tells you to stop struggling - and you can move forward. Tell this to others and it seems obvious; try to do it yourself and it will become impossible.
Why is this? Telling others that they have to hang from a tree is simple, but no one wants to hang himself. The Hanged Man, however, has hung himself, and see how much wisdom he has found! Despite his obviously uncomfortable position, he is often pictured as smiling, and with a golden halo around his head to show divine inspiration and power. He is totally vulnerable to the world, and in his vulnerability he has found strength. The sacrifice he has made is his own freedom and power in the physical world; in exchange, he is granted real freedom and power on the spiritual plane. He gives up his old ways of looking at things and is blessed with new eyes.
Not all sacrifices have to be like this, of course. Each moment of your life you make sacrifices. By choosing to eat with a friend rather than eating alone, you sacrifice your solitude. Choosing to play a sport professionally means that you cannot play another as frequently. Choosing one job means that you have to sacrifice any desires for another job, at least for the time being. The only thing in common between all sacrifices is that you give up something you have in exchange for something you want, of equal value. The sacrifice is meaningless unless there is balance and purpose behind it. To give without intent is worse than giving too much or too little.
As the card of the paradox, the Hanged Man also urges you to look at things in a new and different way. If your mind is yelling at you to do something, then doing nothing could be the best thing to do. If something is important to you emotionally but it no longer serves a purpose, you might want to think about letting go of it. And don't try to force anything to happen while the Hanged Man is about. By trying to force changes, you ensure that they never happen. Relax and let things happen instead of trying to interfere. Instead of fighting against the current, let it take you wherever it is flowing.
When the Hanged Man appears, know that greater wisdom and happiness is at hand, but only if you are prepared to sacrifice something for that wisdom. Sometimes it is something physical you must be deprived of, but in most cases it is a perspective or a viewpoint that must be left behind. For example, a fantasy that you can never fulfill, or a crush on someone who's out of your reach. Inevitably, sacrificing something you value will always lead you to something even more valuable. In the wake of an unattainable dream you will find something else within your reach. Forgetting about one love will allow your heart to open to someone else.

A very good card indeed.

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
Interesting, how long to these cards stay with you? I see so much of what was said in life and was wondering if a card could stay with you for a long time. Thank you for the time you gave!
Blue bailed me out again, lol.... see a card can be one day, or two or three..... It can be a month or more, depending... So something touched you, yes?

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
Blue bailed me out again, lol.... see a card can be one day, or two or three..... It can be a month or more, depending... So something touched you, yes?
The reference to the hangman, I've had mentioned to me my whole life, so it struck a cord in a odd moment, not bad, just unsettled sometimes!:)

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
My card for the day, Two of Swords:
The inherent duality of the Swords suit is shown here as the delicate balance of the two swords. The Two of Swords expresses this balance as a stalemate, a conflict between two equally matched forces in which neither has the clear advantage. These forces can take on many forms: negative against positive, the impulse to act against the desire to stay silent, or knowing what to do against actually doing it. Such impasses are not easily resolved, and they can lead to a long period of confusion and stagnation. So we have peace, but in this situation peace is detrimental.

In a relationship-oriented situation the Two of Swords shows such barriers between the two partners. Sometimes only one person is responsible, but the number of the card suggests that both partners are at fault in the majority of cases. It manifests as a vicious cycle; one partner refuses to tell a secret and becomes defensive. The other partner is hurt and becomes equally defensive. This continues until the relationship falls apart or the tension is relieved, and such relief cannot come about through further defensiveness. The barriers cannot be shattered; they must be taken down piece by piece. And sometimes this is very uncomfortable to do.

The Two of Swords often represents situations where an answer could be found and the truth could be seen, but where the person or persons involved choose not to see it. The Two of Swords shows those times when you deliberately avoid seeing the truth. Maybe one of your ideas has been proven incorrect and, though you see that you were wrong, you do not want to admit it. It can be painful to remove a blindfold and see the truth, because even the softest light will blind those who have lived in darkness. But being blinded by the light is far preferable to being blinded by darkness.
sp two of swords.png

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
@KatzWh1skers your card, Seven of Wands:
This card teaches not only the value of courage, but the value of fear in your everday life. The Seven of Wands in the Rider-Waite variants is shown as a battle, but not one like the Five of Wands where there is no strategy and no cohesion. On the Seven, one man stands tall against all comers, and he will defend his ground until the end. Surely he must be somewhat afraid in the face of six armed foes - any of us would be. But the remarkable thing about the Seven of Wands is that it gives you the power to feel your fear, use your fear and thereby conquer your fear.

Or to use a more modern phrase, the Seven of Wands shows that now is time to feel the fear, and do it anyway. By facing your fears and turning them to your advantage, you grow even stronger, and ready to face the next obstacle in your path. Indeed, there can be no courage without fear to inspire it. That fear does not need to be your master any more. If an opportunity calls you, cast away your doubt and go for it with courage in your hands. If you feel that now is the time to take a step towards your dream, throw hesitation to the winds and let nothing stand in your way.
The appearance of the Seven of Wands can often be a reminder that you must stand up for yourself and for what you believe in. At times like this it is important to know exactly where you stand, or else you might end up fighting against yourself! So, before you charge off to battle, take a moment to see exactly what it is you are fighting for. The hill is not only a defensive position but a good survey ledge too. If you see that the cause is worthy and your position is stable, proceed with confidence. If you think fighting is not needed, then don't fight, for he who knows when not to fight is often he who will be victorious.
Like the figure on the card, the Seven of Wands often shows that you hold the moral "high ground" and your arguments are the right one, despite the sheer numbers of people who try to convince you otherwise. Though the odds may seem insurmountable, recall that the advantage always goes to the defender who knows his position better than the enemy does. Hold your ground, because victory will be yours eventually. Inner courage is a force far stronger than physical strength, and a determined combatant can often withstand the attacks of others as long as he needs to.
mystic seven of wands.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread