• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Pagan/Wiccan Revival 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
@liblue1 your card, Four of Wands:
The applied and established strength of the Two and Three leads to the first stage of completion and rest, shown in the Four of Wands. This is a time to look back on all that you have done and be glad that you have done it. This would seem to very many people like a wholly positive card, but there is a conflict between the dynamic expansion of the Wands and the very restrictive and limiting numnber four. This shows primarily that, while success can be enjoyed for a while, you cannot rest on your laurels. You must never stop growing, learning, and living.

This card can celebrate many things that are appropriate to the Wands suit; the initial success of a business venture, a good start at a creative project or the blossoming of a friendship or relationship. Marriage and childbirth are often predicted by an appearance by this card. Encompassing all of these ideas is the maxim that hard work pays off in the end, and the Four of Wands is the card of rewards for those who've worked to the best of their ability. The Four of Wands has strong ties, surprisingly enough, to Justice, because it shows that hard work is rewarded, in the end.
This card is also tied to Justice in another way, because it shows the strong establishment of order. The Four of Wands shows the easy and natural flow of a life in balance, and it challenges you to go out and create such a balanced lifestyle for yourself. This card also defines the end of a cycle and the start of the next, and this can be proven with a bit of symbology. In the Rider-Waite deck, the castle that was sought in the Ace is now the scene of the celebration. The Four therefore shows a time when it appears you have achieved the goal that you set for yourself.
Or have you? As mentioned, the nature of fire is to constantly keep growing into new territories, but for now the creative urge has died down. When there is success but no urge to move on, the situation could slip into a state of laziness and even decadence. Work will have to begin again, and this work must be energized with another burst of energy. If you are wise, you would take the emotional "high" that has been generated by this time of celebration and divert it back into your work to power the next inevitable phase of growth. Enjoy the party, but keep an eye on the clock, and be ready to leave when you have to.
gilded four of wands.png

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
@leftyandsparky so with little I know your card, ten of swords:
All they that take the sword, it has been said, shall perish with the sword, and the Ten of Swords is a card that show us the real-life implications of this proverb. This is the ultimate manifestation of the Swords suit and its negative, destructive power. Even though only one sword would be needed to kill this man, ten were used: he has not simply been killed, but annihilated. The Ace of Swords was a warning about using excessive force for evil purposes and the Ten is the inevitable result of that abuse of power. Those who refuse to listen to the wisdom of the Swords will eventually be impaled on them.

This card usually symbolizes a sudden and unexpected failure or disaster, a power beyond your control that humbles you without warning or mercy. Karma, the law of cause and effect, has free reign in the Ten of Swords, so a past misdeed may indeed be the source of future trouble. Sometimes you will be able to change this outcome, but most of the time you will simply have to bear down and take the hit. The positive side is that the Ten of Swords is the final ordeal, and no more pain will come to you from that source. It is darkest before the dawn, and as gloomy as it looks, the sun will rise again.
Something that is important to note, at least in the Rider-Waite symbology, is that the sun is indeed rising in the background despite the black clouds. Each new beginning must come from another beginning's end, and with every defeat are sown the seeds of future victory. Enlightenment comes from using your mental and spiritual powers for good, and this is the true lesson of the Swords suit. This card is the ultimate teacher, and it shows you how to learn from your mistakes and misdeeds so you never have to fall prey to the evil side of the Swords suit again.
When this card appears after a painful situation, it is a signal to pick yourself up off the ground and start thinking about what happened to you and what you have to learn from it. Hidden deep beneath the surface of the Ten of Swords is the ultimate power of the Swords suit: the ability to analyze your ways and learn from yourself. True wisdom does not come from without, but from within. The Ten of Swords is a sign that what you have gone through was not without purpose. The great positive power within you can be used to learn from your pain and draw wisdom from defeat. This is the Swords ideal.

You step back and like I said, let them pamper you... you have done more than anyone else and feel.... abused. So step back and take it in, hold your ground and make him, or others attend to you.... it is your vacation, no?

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I drew the number 1...the Magician......
ff5f0f7b463f0e3d59fa7e109e9a2bfa.jpg

The Magician is associated with the planet, Mercury and carries with it skill, logic, and intellect. The number of the Magician is one, the number of beginnings. The Magician is the bridge between the world of the spirit and the world of humanity. His right hand holds a staff raised toward the sky and his left hand points to the earth. He takes the power of the Universe and channels it through his own body and directs it to the physical plane. Above the Magician’s head is the symbol of eternity and around his waist is a snake biting its own tail, another symbol of eternity. His magical table holds all four suits of the Tarot, each of which represents one of the four primordial elements of the alchemists – earth, air, fire and water. These symbolize the appropriate use of mind, heart, body and soul in the process of manifestation. The Magician’s robe is white, symbolizing the purity and innocence found in the Fool but his cloak is red, representing worldly experience and knowledge. In the bed of flowers at his feet this duality is repeated in the mix of pure white lilies and thorny red roses.
The Magician Tarot card typically appears in a Tarot reading at a time in your life when you have the creative power and energy to create a new life cycle for yourself. You have the ability to take the power of the Universe and manifest your desires. The Magician Tarot card suggests that a situation has been (or soon will be) presented to you that has all the inherent components to allow the manifestation of your desires. Those desires may be spiritual (fire), physical (earth), emotional (water), or mental (air), and are each aligned with the four elements of the Tarot. You have the ability to make it happen!

With the Magician Tarot card, you are inspired to apply skill and initiative to accomplish all your goals. You have a strong desire to begin something new, to ‘do, act, or go forth’. A ‘can-do’ attitude and strong sense of optimism will dominate a new beginning and thus the decisions that you make will have positive results.

The Magician card sees you creating success in everything that you do. This is a Tarot card about manifesting your goals by utilising the skills, tools and resources that are available to you. The Magician suggests that you will come up with creative ways to solve problems and you will be able to use your existing knowledge and networks to arrive at solutions.

The Magician Tarot card is a good omen when you have a specific wish, when you begin a project involving creativity, or when you need to make a transformation of any kind. This is a great Tarot card for meditation when you need to call all the elements for help and wisdom.

The Magician Tarot card indicates that you can benefit from your creative forces if you can claim your power and act with awareness and concentration. This card is a signal to act consciously and act now provided you understand exactly what you want and are committed to getting it. You need to know what you are doing and why you are doing it. Be clear about your underlying motives and intentions.

The Magician is also a Tarot card of deep concentration on a specific task or activity. You need to be focused on a single goal or purpose at this time and you need to channel all of your energy, tools and resources towards this one goal. Commitment to the task is essential and as such, you will need to eliminate any distractions that will take your focus away from what you want to achieve.

The Magician shows that you are doing a great job at pulling together all of the skills, resources and tools that are available to you in order to bring about an outcome that suits you. You are keeping a very pragmatic head about you and you are trying to remain as objective and ‘can-do’ as possible, even if you are worried on the inside. Keep this up as it will help you to create as much success as possible. Keep thinking about what other skills and resources you can use and keep focused on the task at hand.

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

CronesCauldron

Mar 4, 2017
Always fun to see you ladies... :) Have been a little undercover the past few days ... Sort of out-of-pocket floating around the ethos a little lol. (sometimes that happens :) ) . There is change in my world. Dreaming has become more prominent. In my waking state, don't seem to remember the specifics, but do remember enough to know it is positive...and again, reinforcing 'change.'

Spiritualism - not at all the same as religious - can be a fluid thing, at least for me. This is a truism that isn't that old for me. An Aquarian with Capricorn rising, I have walked the majority of my path with a 'fixed' mind-set (whatever that mindset was at the moment). What I know, I know. With age and with, thank God, I believe a little wisdom slipping through the cracks of my hard head, my understanding of 'what's right'/'what's wrong' has become softer, more pliable and considerably easier to live with.

Without getting all philosophical and into the deeper aspects, I am delighted that much of the fog is clearing and my path feels much more comfortable and safe. I don't feel I need to push myself into any practice that doesn't feel like it fits...

The gentle and slightly magickal influences I've found amidst you ladies, has been just what was needed.

I've discovered its most often the 'question' rather than the 'answer' that's most important. And often, those questions lie just under the surface of awareness. If we approach any desire with a pure heart, seeking truth and love, with the intention that it be used for good purpose, I believe it will manifest.
We've found that enchanted serendipity and unexpected flashes of inspiration almost always occurs when we've encountered souls open to experience and a willingness to explore the supernatural in an effort to communicate. Love provides all of the discernment and protection a pure heart needs in these instances.

I have always been attracted to cards, even as a child. Becoming acquainted with the benevolent guides willing to continue the education along with the help always available from our higher selves, working with cards (Tarot, Lenormand and possibly Kipper) feels such a 'right fit'.

CronesCauldron

Mar 4, 2017
Drawing the Four of Cups Reversed seems particularly appropriate for this time
... the solution of this time of malaise is approaching quickly and will be best discovered by paying attention to dreams and visions. An inner lassitude turns to calm and meditative insight. A time to watch for signs, omens and psychic messages.

KatzWh1skers

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2015
...Virgo ..late August (there is a difference) ...also a Cap rising..or Cap/Aquarius cusp but that may be stretching it ...and lots and lots and lots ...and lots of Libra :lol:
...not much Fire..:rolleyes: ...a smidge of Water ..Neptune in Scorpio ...to keep it interesting...and Im willing to bet my britches that Blue and or Tiggs have more than enough Fire ...and Water ...to float a boat. :)
nice to meet you.

Last edited:

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
...Virgo ..late August (there is a difference) ...also a Cap rising..or Cap/Aquarius cusp but that may be stretching it ...and lots and lots and lots ...and lots of Libra :lol:
...not much Fire..:rolleyes: ...a smidge of Water ..Neptune in Scorpio ...to keep it interesting...and Im willing to bet my britches that Blue and or Tiggs have more than enough Fire ...and Water ...to pick up my slack. :)
nice to meet you.
Capricorn here and on the cusp, and no one like this hot head.....;) I am too much for most people, maybe less than 1%

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
Always fun to see you ladies... :) Have been a little undercover the past few days ... Sort of out-of-pocket floating around the ethos a little lol. (sometimes that happens :) ) . There is change in my world. Dreaming has become more prominent. In my waking state, don't seem to remember the specifics, but do remember enough to know it is positive...and again, reinforcing 'change.'

Spiritualism - not at all the same as religious - can be a fluid thing, at least for me. This is a truism that isn't that old for me. An Aquarian with Capricorn rising, I have walked the majority of my path with a 'fixed' mind-set (whatever that mindset was at the moment). What I know, I know. With age and with, thank God, I believe a little wisdom slipping through the cracks of my hard head, my understanding of 'what's right'/'what's wrong' has become softer, more pliable and considerably easier to live with.

Without getting all philosophical and into the deeper aspects, I am delighted that much of the fog is clearing and my path feels much more comfortable and safe. I don't feel I need to push myself into any practice that doesn't feel like it fits...

The gentle and slightly magickal influences I've found amidst you ladies, has been just what was needed.

I've discovered its most often the 'question' rather than the 'answer' that's most important. And often, those questions lie just under the surface of awareness. If we approach any desire with a pure heart, seeking truth and love, with the intention that it be used for good purpose, I believe it will manifest.
We've found that enchanted serendipity and unexpected flashes of inspiration almost always occurs when we've encountered souls open to experience and a willingness to explore the supernatural in an effort to communicate. Love provides all of the discernment and protection a pure heart needs in these instances.

I have always been attracted to cards, even as a child. Becoming acquainted with the benevolent guides willing to continue the education along with the help always available from our higher selves, working with cards (Tarot, Lenormand and possibly Kipper) feels such a 'right fit'.
Writer here as well and not done with the novel, or the second book... have three or four more in mind.:rolleyes:

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I am an Earthly Virgo....almost like a classic Virgo....there is not much in any of the descriptions of a Virgo that doesn't resonate with me....:D....and I am very much into the earth (rocks & trees.... etc.)....I have use the runes for divination....there is still so much I want to learn about all the different ways.......the Yarrow sticks, the Crystal ball, Dowsing rods, Palmistry, the Pendulum, Numerology and of course the Ouija board....I think I have tried all of them but yet not mastered them all...Last year I was working on Numerology a little harder...also the Pendulum...and of course there is Crystal grids that I tried my hand at...so far none have been as effective as the Tarot cards...but since I have been doing them regularly for 13 years now of course it seems easy to me...I am hoping to master at least one more...

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread