Painful deep breaths?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Headhunter950

Feb 22, 2016
Don't remember ever having this problem before, been vaping for about two years or something, maybe I've been hitting it a bit too hard recently? Seems as if when I take deep breathes the last day or two my lungs/rib cage is aching a little, not unbearable just a slightly uncomfortable noticeable tightness.

Anyone had this before? Perhaps it will just last a couple of days might just be muscle pains irrelevant to me vaping.
If it's vaping related is it anything to worry about?

Any ideas from people who have experienced this? Perhaps cut down how much I'm vaping for a few days or something like that?

Cheers

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi Headhunter950. Welcome to the ECF.

I would Definitely suggest that you try cutting back for a couple days and see if things get Better. And if they Don't, then I would schedule a appointment with an MD for a Full Check Up.

Have you recently tried a New e-Liquid/Flavoring?

Reactions: MacTechVpr

Headhunter950

Feb 22, 2016
Hi Headhunter950. Welcome to the ECF.

I would Definitely suggest that you try cutting back for a couple days and see if things get Better. And if they Don't, then I would schedule a appointment with an MD for a Full Check Up.

Have you recently tried a New e-Liquid/Flavoring?

Thank you, and no I've been vaping the same liquid, same setup for months now, pretty standard stuff, I was vaping proper heavily the other day on a reasonably burnt out coil, perhaps I've just caused a little tightness in the lungs, but if not then they may be a bit inflamed? Just wondering whether any problems like this can arise from vaping and if it isn't unheard of that this kind of feeling is something to worry about from vaping?

Headhunter950

Feb 22, 2016
Exercise, get that lung burn on a brisk walk / jog

Just as anything else you put in yourself that was not naturally intended, you'll need to do twice as much work to get rid of it.

See a doc if you think you should
Thank you, you think it could just be a bit of lung burn then? Nothing too serious? Tbh I felt a bit of tension in my chest after shifting a bunch of heavy stuff at work, had a week of eating some dead spicy food as well so I thought it might be that primarily, but the heavy vaping has seemed to add to it

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I've been vaping a 70-80 watt ijust2 for about 3/4 months and haven't had a problem,

It's only very subtle mind,

I must admit, logic would suggest if you have been doing something and it's been OK, it does seem strange.

I couldn't tolerate vaping like that - my lungs seem in great shape (compared to smoking) but I have had periods where almost any sort of vaping has been hard work. Mostly around being ill with general respiratory ailments, flu, colds, cough...

mudmanc4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
In The Plex
kb.lime-it.us
Thank you, you think it could just be a bit of lung burn then? Nothing too serious? Tbh I felt a bit of tension in my chest after shifting a bunch of heavy stuff at work, had a week of eating some dead spicy food as well so I thought it might be that primarily, but the heavy vaping has seemed to add to it
Not what I meant by lung burn.

When you are exerting a lot of energy, and your muscles require more oxygen, you naturally begin to breath harder. What I mean by 'lung burn', is that feeling you work to get, where your running your .... off breathing like mountains of air in and out, your lungs are getting exercised to the max. Nothing to do with vaping at all.

What I meant was start moving your body, exercise, work that thing , your body that is. The more you do this, the more the fluids will coat your bronchus when drying out, and the more you'll be able to push yourself. Again, nothing to do with vaping.

Just get yourself in better shape!

Reactions: MacTechVpr

Headhunter950

Feb 22, 2016
I must admit, logic would suggest if you have been doing something and it's been OK, it does seem strange.

I couldn't tolerate vaping like that - my lungs seem in great shape (compared to smoking) but I have had periods where almost any sort of vaping has been hard work. Mostly around being ill with general respiratory ailments, flu, colds, cough...

Yeah I have been feeling rough recently, it's early motive anyway it's only been a day or two so perhaps it's just a short period thing I'm not too sure to be honest

Reactions: djsvapour

Headhunter950

Feb 22, 2016
Not what I meant by lung burn.

When you are exerting a lot of energy, and your muscles require more oxygen, you naturally begin to breath harder. What I mean by 'lung burn', is that feeling you work to get, where your running your .... off breathing like mountains of air in and out, your lungs are getting exercised to the max. Nothing to do with vaping at all.

What I meant was start moving your body, exercise, work that thing , your body that is. The more you do this, the more the fluids will coat your bronchus when drying out, and the more you'll be able to push yourself. Again, nothing to do with vaping.

Just get yourself in better shape!

Yeah I understand now, thank you for the advice, I've always had problems, I don't get them as much anymore but I use to get short attacks of stabbing pains and cramps in the same place when I would work moderate distances, so I suppose although I am quite active, I may well be fairly unfit in the lung area, as you said adding another component like vaping or smoking will need twice the amount of exercise in order to keep fit.

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
I've experienced this. I've come to believe it's a result of your diaphragm expanding more than it's used to. If you suck in your belly and sorta shift your air to the upper part of your chest/puff out your chest, does the discomfort go away?

Out of curiosity (and also to match this situation with a few others I've heard of) -- you don't work out, do you? Like, you don't get any good cardio/heavy-breathing type workouts?

Headhunter950

Feb 22, 2016
I've experienced this. I've come to believe it's a result of your diaphragm expanding more than it's used to. If you suck in your belly and sorta shift your air to the upper part of your chest/puff out your chest, does the discomfort go away?

Out of curiosity (and also to match this situation with a few others I've heard of) -- you don't work out, do you? Like, you don't get any good cardio/heavy-breathing type workouts?

That's exactly it yes, and yes the pain goes away when I do that, and no I don't work out, thank you for the advice/ relation!

Reactions: nyiddle

Headhunter950

Feb 22, 2016

That theory about the diaphragm makes sense aswell, It being a lung hitter mod I take back fairly aggressively then I was used to with my old mouth to lung hitter that I was using for like a year and a half

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
That's exactly it yes, and yes the pain goes away when I do that, and no I don't work out, thank you for the advice/ relation!

Yeah I'm pretty sure you're in the same boat as me and a few of my other vaping friends. None of us are particularly physically active, and we're definitely not the types to do any running or heavy-breathing type exercises.

Although, I guess it's a reason to start.

Er.

Another reason (along with having to move up a notch on my belt..)

Reactions: mudmanc4

Headhunter950

Feb 22, 2016
Yeah I'm pretty sure you're in the same boat as me and a few of my other vaping friends. None of us are particularly physically active, and we're definitely not the types to do any running or heavy-breathing type exercises.

Although, I guess it's a reason to start.

Er.

Another reason (along with having to move up a notch on my belt..)
Haha yeah I guess, thank you for that, and also in your guys experience, is it a constant long lasting thing? Like everyday pain or does it come and go having good days and bad days? Or is it just a period of the diaphragm getting used to the expanding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread