Not open for further replies.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Y'all do realize that the US Government is shut down and everyone at FDA has been sitting at home (or on vacation) enjoying a furlough, right?

The so called deeming regulations won't be out by Oct 31 and the FDA is gonna punt again, just like they have every six months since the Soterra decision was handed down by the DC Circuit Court of Appeals.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Y'all do realize that the US Government is shut down and everyone at FDA has been sitting at home (or on vacation) enjoying a furlough, right?

The so called deeming regulations won't be out by Oct 31 and the FDA is gonna punt again, just like they have every six months since the Soterra decision was handed down by the DC Circuit Court of Appeals.

On the one hand I sincerely hope you are right but on the other hand I kinda just want to know what is going to happen.

Impatient? Who me?

Gary Mcroy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member

I dont think everyone thats been furloughed by the idiots in our government are "enjoying the furlough"

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy

Technically it is a vacation because they will receive back pay. My sister in law ranted about Washington when my brother was sent home on the first day. I told her not to worry because the last time they all got back pay. Makes you wonder when our house and senate say we are saving money by having the federal workers off... We have lunatics in office.

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
Regardless of the shutdown, the ecig issue is definitely on the agenda. Could it be another big punt down the road? Sure, but does anybody think the odds are high for that scenario? There's been a media and political blitz on this topic for months now. It's way to hot to expect a no nevermind. At least in my opinion.

So, every vaper needs to make their own assumptions and prepare accordingly. It's easy to protect yourself at this point from most any outcome. Yes, worst case expectations require the largest investment but it's not like everybody isn't going to pay in some form or another if something happens.

The recent EU ruling is encouraging. I think we can all live with that decision even though it will dramatically change the industry as a whole. All us little guys want is to be able to fill our tanks and vape on.

Flavors are a bit of a wildcard on how that would be handled. It's a bit of a conundrum. The only way to stop that would be to go prefilled disposable carts only. That is a worst case for sure. I see that as a low end probability outcome but not out of the question.

Unflavored juice has to be allowed regardless if bottled juice continues to flow. Every single flavor out there is multipurpose and fully legal. IMO- there will be a slew of mixers selling concentrates including all the vendors we love now. But they will be for food of course. There is no rational way to stop this from happening. Tax stamped and controlled unflavored juice keeps the tax man happy and the flavor folks keep vapers happy.

Hardware is untouchable for the most part. I can't see the hammer coming down on that at all. They would have to pass a law that says vaping zero nic juice is illegal. Basically the act of vaping using a tank device would need to be illegal. Not even a remote possibility IMO.

Each person needs to make their own decision and live with it. If you decide to do nothing and get caught with your pants down IF something bad happens then you have to be totally cool with that.

I personally made the investment and protected myself for 5+ years. At worst I protected myself from the taxman. At best I protected my full liberty and freedom to enjoy this hobby as I want to and not have decisions made for me. Been there done that. Not doing it again.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
I see a few members posting in this thread are CASAA members. They are providing the best defense against the possiblity of severe restrictions. Has everyone else joined, yet?

I joined a while back but I wanted the days no cig banner in my sig since this is my first time quitting them. Without PVs, I don't know if I ever could have even TRIED quitting so it's a big deal for me personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread