Paper Clip Free Zone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrthodoxAtheist

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2011
Redlands, CA
H'okay, this is pretty trivial, but I feel fancy using one of these. :D I may not have a Provari, but at least I look like a veteran when changing cartomizers. :p It seems the preferred method to remove those annoying white plugs from the top of your cartomizer... these:

toothpick_removal.jpg tweezer_removal.jpg

...is to use a bent paperclip. Well, I offer you a flawless solution I've thoroughly tested for weeks now, with no bad results. :D It is...

Hoorah4These.jpg

^ one of those things. The hook is invariably the perfect size to put through the hole, angle slightly and pull out. :) I found one in my apartment drawer and realized it fits perfectly. If you have one, try it. (It is a 'privacy door emergency key'). If you don't... go find one at a hardware store for about a dollar. Its like having a Ferrari keyring. :D

I know. Trivial. You still read it. :D

carpedebass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2011
The Alamo City
Dental pick. It is truly the professional clearo / fluxo tool :D

I was browsing at a local big box sporting good's store the other day and found "gun cleaning picks." Basically just dental picks painted black. Almost grabbed 'em because they're SO much cooler than dental picks. :p

Seriously though...the dental picks work great!!

carpedebass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2011
The Alamo City
Now that's manly! :D

Actually, according to the MCARB (Man Card Association Rule Book) it is perfectly acceptable to use a feminine item if so doing accomplishes a task in which said item is being used as a tool, whether makeshift or otherwise. Just wanted to throw the official ruling out there. :D

Trilly

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2011
Derbyshire, UK
I use whatever I have to hand, at work it can be paperclips, staple remover, pointy letter knife but my fav has to be a mechanical pencil. out of work I find either a nail file or ear-ring stem to work just as well.
Saying that, since switching to using drip tips instead of the rubber bung type things a lot of my 'tools' have become a little redundant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread