PBusardo wick test. Organic cotton, Ko Gen Do, Hemp, Rayon

Status
Not open for further replies.

derogg

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
Socal
I saw it. As far as wicking goes I would have like to see some results with other blends, not just 100% VG. probably wouldn't have made much difference though. Also adding Silica wick in the test would have been nice. I agree with you I will need to try some japan cotton, even though I have no complaints from my regular old cotton balls.
- Dirk

jblindy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Kempner, Texas
I watched it last night, went out today and bought me a box of rayon.
So far so good in my sophia.
I had been using organic cotton balls, but it often, not always had a funny taste.
Thinking now it wasnt wicking good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's all I use as well, organic cotton. But I've always hated the break in period and that it starts tasting off after about two or three tanks. I don't really get dry hits with the build that use in my kayfun though. I'm a lazy vaper so I deal with the offness for about another tank or two. I have some rayon coming.......thanks Penguiness. I'm gonna have to try some of this Japanese cotton though.

jblindy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Kempner, Texas
I saw it. As far as wicking goes I would have like to see some results with other blends, not just 100% VG. probably wouldn't have made much difference though. Also adding Silica wick in the test would have been nice. I agree with you I will need to try some japan cotton, even though I have no complaints from my regular old cotton balls.
- Dirk

I thought the same thing about adding the silica to the test. I think build also has a lot to do with the wicking. When I build my kayfun, I fluff the cotton up good rather than leaving it rolled together. But if Japanese cotton and rayon are indeed that much better, I'm willing to give it a shot. Worth a try anyway.

ElConquistador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2013
Oklahoma
Just a heads up...if you have a JC Penney store nearby with a Sephora department in it, they sell shesheido Japanese cotton, which is very similar to KGD. I bought a package of it (using my wife as my mule to avoid looking like a girly man) for around $9-10 without messing with finding it, paying shipping, and waiting on vape mail. It is pure white cotton sheets, about 2 x 3 inches and maybe 3/16 inch thick. I think I have a lifetime supply of it, to go with my lifetime supply of every other cotton I bought.

To me, it beats cotton balls, yarn, and sterile rolled cotton in all ways.

jblindy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Kempner, Texas
No break in period with the rayon!
No wicking issues. Changing flavors, i am not rewicking!

I pushed it and got a burnt taste, and it was NOT BAD, burnt organic cotton makes me gag.
This rayon was just off, vapor and flavor was real low so i pretty much new my hit was gonna be burnt.

I don't rewick when changing flavors either. I've found some interseting flavors that way. Like my current tank of OR3O and Virus.

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
I have used everything under the sun for wicking. I've used cotton balls, silica, RxW ceramic wick, hemp mix, rayon, peaches and cream, bamboo, KGD, and I keep going back to KGD. It's easy to work with, wicks easy, good wicking, and no taste. The rayon also was clean, wicks like a champ, not so easy to wick. I have a life time supply of wick material! I have a whole bag of organic cotton balls I think I'll just put in with all the rest of the medicine stuff. I'm not using that anymore. You can't go wrong with either rayon or KGD.

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
I think his review is so spot on with these 4 that he tested. personally I keep going back and forth with rayon and KGD, I think I'm currently leaning a bit more towards the KGD as my ultimate favorite in BF drippers and rayon in tanks because of the longevity, but I don't use tanks much anymore so KGD gets my most use atm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread