Not open for further replies.

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
Pdib sure did a number on it! Yea thats Oregon Maple burl.

He did, that's beautiful:)! It looks like it came from the same block of wood as mine, but natural... love it:)! I would still like to see the one made from your pastel birdseed tho...

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I did a little testing on the pastel birdseed. It's pretty soft. Scares me. It's beautiful tho. It's just in limbo now. If anyone feels super brave and like throwing money at me regardless of the consequences . . . . . . . .

2014-01-15_16-32-01_622.jpg

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I did a little testing on the pastel birdseed. It's pretty soft. Scares me. It's beautiful tho. It's just in limbo now. If anyone feels super brave and like throwing money at me regardless of the consequences . . . . . . . .

Wow, that IS beautiful! It's a tad girlie for my taste, but if either my wife or daughter needed a mod, I'd be all over that! (Wife has never had a nicotine habit but has put up with mine for 30-some years now, daughter is 16 and will hopefully never have one).

Last edited:

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com

The colors on that one just take my breath away... so ethereal!!! BUT!!! I have a birdseye door on one of my woodvils, and here, it will shrink and expand with the weather... INSIDE THE HOUSE. I mean by a huge differential. I took it to Disney the other day, and when I got home, I couldn't open the door to change the battery anymore. It took 48 hours to equalize to indoor humidity (we have 100% outside and about 30% inside here). Now it opens fine.

I'm not sure how well a dibi would work in that wood, just because the battery hole is drilled vs open. On the other hand, the vast majority of the country is drier than Florida, and in a very dry climate, it may not be a problem at all.

I really love those colors tho... if no one else jumps on it by the time #99 comes around, I may consider giving that a try if I don't use my violet piece or find another I like better...

milkman5306

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2013
Megan... wanted to ask you about the O-ring... you said you used the smallest one... none of them actually fit snugly in the hole. Did you just set it under the atomizer?

What ARE those O-rings for?? I know the wider ones are for the battery... what's the small ones and the plastic washers for?

Search for a thread titled pdibs library, I think all your answers are in the first couple posts. :)

MasterofNone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2013
New York
So with my new vapage bottle and my LG batteries, I went out to a lady friends last night at 11, and I'm still running both bottle and battery...pretty sweet!

Oh, and does anyone think there's any point in waxing the Dibi? I would think it wouldn't penetrate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
So with my new vapage bottle and my LG batteries, I went out to a lady friends last night at 11, and I'm still running both bottle and battery...pretty sweet!

How do you know that's not from spending almost no time vaping? :laugh:

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO

Oh, and does anyone think there's any point in waxing the Dibi? I would think it wouldn't penetrate.

Waxing philosophically? Waxing poetically?? :blink:

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
Howard's feed and wax... It's a wood wax polish made of bees wax and natural orange oils... Dunno how long it lasts... But it makes it look real good.

Okay, I want that to randomly wax various things I can dig up...:ohmy:

GG, you think it smells bad now...hope it doesn't soak into your juice!!

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
I had a problem with the button.... it would fire fine, then it wouldn't fire at all (seconds later), and I'd push so hard the bottom would fall out and it still wouldn't fire. It drove me nuts, so I tried everything in the bag. In the bag was the bee button I had made, and Peter had returned... so I thought I'd try that. It was too tall, but I wanted to see what it would look like anyway. Using it... it turned the button into a toggle! I have no clue why, but NOW, it fires by pushing the button to the side. I worry about the long term effect on the Richlite cap, but I'm not pushing/pulling to the side very hard to fire the mod. I did lose out on the benefits of the new spring, but at least it fires fairly consistently now. I think the problem is that the silver screw isn't flat... it may work better if it were splayed at the ends. So if you are toggling it, it's able to make better contact at the bottom. Anyway, it's working now:).

It's not showing that much metal at the bottom:
IMG_20140504_123257.jpg

IMG_20140504_123327.jpg

This is one beautiful mod:).

And I want to thank Pdib for signing the bottom:)! Wish it were even bigger!! :wub:

wait a minute, let me get this straight.... you are the one who keeps going on and on about how perfect it is the way it is and how there's nothing you can do and it doesn't need any modding, then you go out and mod the ....ing thing??? :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread