Status
Not open for further replies.

ebrown8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
chicago, il
ecf2.jpg

pdib did it again. thanks again brother !

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
sort of. . . .. PM (private message) me like everyone else does, Robdogg. (I see you're new to posting on the forum . . . just click on my username)

I just sold the last SS Nuppin' from the order of 300 atties. That leaves some ~13 Naval Brass Nuppin'.

However, I also just now (like 1/2 hr ago) received a special care package from our machinist friend. No whole atties in it, I know that. I'll climb into that box and see what all fun stuff is to be had; will be posting availability of extras shortly (or tomorrow at latest . . . . . really . . . . probably).

What kin'a stuff? Some Full Topcap Assemblies (i.e. w/ AFC) in SS and Naval Brass. Some Black Topcap ONLY (NO AFC, yes o-rings). Various and sundry tidbits and parts that some folks might have some fun with. I'll post pics and list items and pricing ASAP. :)

Last edited:

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
OK, let's settle for crummy pictures and a quick listing, as I'm getting a few (coupl'a) PMs here, and I'd rather not 'splain too many times. . .. .

FULL TOPCAP ASSEMBLY: $28.50

SS & NAVAL BRASS ONLY (Cap, AFC, O-rings)

16463640393_fec9221003_n.jpg

TOPCAP ONLY (NO AFC, YES O-RINGS): $18.50

MOSTLY BLACK (couple SS and couple Naval)

17083794085_a17efa96ba_n.jpg

AFC:

NAVAL BRASS: $8.95

COPPER: $7.95

17083073061_e7bd7388db_q.jpg
16896018968_57538cf742_q.jpg

I also have some atty bases; perhaps for the modders out there. (IDK how many times I'd wished in the past that I had a blank base with a good 510 to do some experimenting on . . .. or to set up a HYBRID ATTY) I can provide o-rings, screws, SOLID posts (not drilled for BF), and BOTTOM insulators (no top insulators for these extra items . . . only for emergencies) upon request and for a few bucks more. Haven't priced these yet . . .. PM, we'll talk.

16876384507_4647eb761e_n.jpg
17083793095_828b1bde65_n.jpg

Also, I will have spare screws, hex keys, o-rings around for replacement of worn out parts in general. And I still have some Solid Posts for setting up the Nuppin' as a dripper, and a very few replacement insulators for the dire emergency fix.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blitzdonlife

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
OK Mr. Bee, here they are, They do not have all the finishing coats on yet, to make them shine pretty, but ..
I thought you would like to see the difference in the patina's.
The one on the left is the copper, with the brass on the right.
I'm lov'n them.
I'll take some pic's when then are finished and "mounted", but this will bring you up to date so far.

IMG_1445.jpg

IMG_1446.jpg
Click on them to enlarge.

Last edited:

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
Kay . . . . so, here's this now .. . .

NUPPIN' V2.0000001 !!

(pretty much just kidding with ↑ that, but I did make some fun new stuff here . . .)

I took a look at what all I got in the after-market, special dealio package and what all I already had, and came up with the following:

Firstly, I did manage to assemble another 10 Nuppin' Bases. So, that means, I basically have another 10 atties available (aside from the 6-7 Naval Brass that are still in stock). These 10 could be built from the Topcap and AFC options available (as stated in the preceding post ↑ ).

-OR- I can offer a COMPLETE ATTY of the "Nuppin' V2.000001" variety. These torched sleeves are paired with Black Topcaps and atty bases that I've assembled at the standard price for Nuppin' ($84.95)

17086450636_024d193161_b.jpg

17111753221_62d9b77e17_b.jpg

-OR- these torched Copper sleeves can be purchased separately ($10.95) or as a Full Topcap Assembly ($28.50) with Black Topcap.

(or you can PM me with your own ideas of mixing matching, and we'll talk)

16924777558_fe44b034de_b.jpg

17112571395_c932865dab_b.jpg

16905436257_fbcb320f7c_b.jpg

EDIT: i probably won't be able to edit this pic anymore tomorrow (~4/13) . . . so I'll start a fresh lineup w/ whatever else I may make @ first available post.

Here's some ideas about mixing with SS and Naval . . . .

17112410935_ef8a00596d_z.jpg

16492266803_b698a60e65_z.jpg

These Copper sleeves (may try Brass as well soon) are not clearcoated with anything. The torching and quenching process actually changes the copper itself (the surface). I have rubbed them vigorously with a white (non-abrasive) scotchbrite pad (BearTex, actually), and the coloring/surface is not affected. Abrasives will cut away this copper surface, however: so they can be handled, washed, and rubbed with no ill effect, but they cannot be sanded, scuffed, abraded, "scrubbed". (I can try to dig my thumbnail into it and it won't scratch; but I can't scrub it with steel wool . . . . )

Last edited:

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Last bit for now. In the "I JUST GOT MY mod" section, there's talk of adding/subtracting/substituting nylon spacers under the neg. contact at the fire button. Here's some pics. Note please; your mod ought to function just fine with no spacers. It's just a question of how short/long you like your button throw. If you switch to a longer battery, you may need to back off in whatever shimming you've got in there.

BTW: if ever you have some "emergency", just pull off the top cap. Everything will stop. (well, unless your battery has actually started on the path of thermal runaway . . . . .. that won't stop. Dump the battery and step away. . . . . .)

That top plate is from a speed square?

VERY nice work btw.

JetMac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Valdosta, GA, USA
Just an update, I rebuilt my coils on the nuppin last nite and went with a little more wraps than usual, came out to .6 ohm's. I took all previous advice and stuffed wick in the coils, each coil has its own wick. Aligned them right in front of the air holes and made sure each coil was properly tensioned.
I gotta say the nuppin hasn't been this good yet so i must be getting there. Went with the dual 26g and I increased the ID of the coils this time as well. I have no spit back what so ever and the flavor is phenomenal. I changed to a different juice as well so that way I could see if all these improvements really helped and they definitely did. Thanks for all the help previously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Yep. The first couple runs the Aluminum plate was from a framing square. When I switched to stock Aluminum, I was getting requests for these. :)

i'm flabbergasted. i almost can't believe it. i've stared at that pic for hours wondering why i'm staring at it. now i can't believe i could never put my finger on it.

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
Kay . . . . so, here's this now .. . .

16492266803_b698a60e65_z.jpg

These Copper sleeves (may try Brass as well soon) are not clearcoated with anything. The torching and quenching process actually changes the copper itself (the surface).

Oohh, I likie, ... I just don't know if the family will let me play with a blowtorch :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread