Penelope problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zebassis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2012
Sandy Hook CT
Penelope arrived, yay! But, I have an issue...

The center post doesn't come all the way out of the bottom so it won't connect with my Provari. I've screwed it as tight as it will go, but no luck. Tried removing the little rubber washer, and o-ring in different combinations, but while without the o-ring it will connect, constant E1 errors. Made 3 coils so far. and I'm confident it's not that as my Ody works fine.

Got a couple of pictures...

post1.jpg
THe above shot is with it screwed as tight as possible onto the ceramic holder.

post2.jpg

The wire holding nut won't screw any closer than it is in the pic..

Anyone have any ideas? I just can't use it at the moment...

Last edited:

Ezkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Los Angeles
I jus got mine and I had similar issue. The wire holding nut thread on the post had a weird bur in the threads probably from manufacturing. I worked the wire holding nut very gently back and forth until it snugged up and now it's turning very well. After I did that I was able to get a bit of the contacts to show through the bottom of the post and it's working like a charm.

I would take a look at the threads on your post. That wire holding nut should screw in flush to that ring above it.

RiverNut

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Texas
Tried flipping the nut. Going to try a good long screw and unscrew session..

Thanks all. I'll report back shortly!

ok i think i remember Imeo saying that you can swap the o ring inside the ceramic with the one on the post. I just took mine apart and the oring inside is thinner. this should get your pin sticking out more

edit: and just realized my nut wont screw tight enough either:(

Last edited:

RiverNut

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Texas
Yup, low enough now! Sorry, thought the 'after' pics explained that.. :)

Now if I could just work out how to get the top back on without flooding...... I know how to do it with my Ody, but Penelope... hmmmmmm

yeah the pics do explain now...i was thinking the screw issue was independent of the center post issue...but I get it now LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread