Penelope V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

aleks1502

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2011
Russia Ekaterinburg
Penelope V1 and V2 consistent with Proteus.
So I'm feeling a bit confused. V1 is NOT compatible with V2. As I bought V1 to go along with proteus what does this mean? Will V1 be compatible with Proteus? Also not to sound too frustrated but from reading this thread Imeo I've read that you think we should sell V1 and get a V2. When is the Proteus going to come to fruition?
The only reason we, or maybe I should say I, bought Penelope V1 was to put it on Proteus. Sorry for my frustration but I can't see buying another Penelope unless I know I can put it on a Proteus. Especially now that V1 appears inferior to V2 before we have the base we have been waiting for. Hang me by the rafters but this isn't making sense to me.

If I'm out of line so be it.

Chris

Last edited:

BIG CL0UDS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2013
Tampa, FL
So I'm feeling a bit confused. V1 is NOT compatible with V2. As I bought V1 to go along with proteus what does this mean? Will V1 be compatible with Proteus? Also not to sound too frustrated but from reading this thread Imeo I've read that you think we should sell V1 and get a V2. When is the Proteus going to come to fruition?
The only reason we, or maybe I should say I, bought Penelope V1 was to put it on Proteus. Sorry for my frustration but I can't see buying another Penelope unless I know I can put it on a Proteus. Especially now that V1 appears inferior to V2 before we have the base we have been waiting for. Hang me by the rafters but this isn't making sense to me.

If I'm out of line so be it.

Chris

Why would a new attie not work with one of his new mods. If you have Penelope you already know it works with all his mods. The only difference is version 2 is not compatible with version 1 but if you can make something better why would you limit yourself to your old design. Penelope is still a great device he is just offering an updated version. If you really feel the need to have version 2 and don't want your Penelope just sell it on the classies. I guarantee you can still get back what you paid for it. Yes you can be mad that you bought Penelope for the proteus release but if he can make something better why would he not do it. Think about the amount of people that are going to get proteus and also want to buy Penelope. If he has something better to offer for us why not do it. He always wants to make what he has better and offer us the best.

Last edited:

Vinnyngo69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2012
Australia
Great news Imeo my friend. Sounds like the New Queen Penelope will be here for us just in time for this year Christmas presents. :) :)

today I will make the first official video about new Penelope

preorders will start on Monday and will last for 4 days

I made only 1200 pieces

Price will be at 99 euros

Batch will be ready in 15-20 days.

Itshak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Israel
4 ml juice capacity
Rebuildble part screw directly to base with no BF,I like that.
Simpler for Cotton micro coil followers
One part metal tank with easier refilling top cap
This the most logic way to refill a tank not from the bottom or via screw hole lol
New Air flow controller for Stealth GG user's with no AR and extra base construction,
that a real extra there is nothing like that.
And keep AR feature for GG users via the CT AR
Great added features indeed.:)

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
OK. Imeo this is a great atomizer. I am sure it will be the best thin atomizer on the market for a long time to come. Now, for the 'not so fun' part: My comments :evil:

1- Air flow control is not full airflow control because an airflow control as i see it has 3 uses:
a- tighten, loosen the draw for comfortable vaping
b- regulate the liquid control by applying the right pressure
c- allow more/less air to hit the coil to control coolnes of vapor + throat hit + vapor + flavor

With the adjustable air draw implemented in Penelope V2, it satisfies only the first 2 parts and not the 3rd and most important (EDIT: use it with JGG or GGTS you will have this perfectly)

EDIT2: I am wrong with this point, for some reason i thought the air bypasses the coil and comes from outside the atomizer, but what this is really doing is restricting the drag all the way up to the coil which restricts the amount of air hitting the coil. Works as valid air control!

2- I wished that you put a small metal part between the o-ring and the positive wire to better secure the positive wire and not deform the oring with the wire which could lead to leaking.

3- Air draw and coolness of vape are interdependent. You either have a tight warm air or loose cool air. I cannot argue with this because it is genius to think about these things and i cannot ask more of a feature that is new to the market. I am just putting the comment there (EDIT2: Not completely interdependent, there is a point where you can have wide open air and a slight adjustment of temperature with the o-rings. Also the ability to put your own drip tip allows for cool air by putting a long mouthpiece. Still the warmest you get for a certain liquid control position is with the tightest draw)

4- the increased length of ceramic housing with respect to the base, might cause wicking issues or problems in wicking the last drops (EDIT: stelioss is telling me you didn't have any problems drying it out or wicking issues so GREAT NEWS!!) (EDIT2: Confirmed by imeo, you will achieve a completely dry chamber)

for the things i like which are in my opinion the reason i will buy the new penelope
1- ability to remove mouthpiece without removing the body + easy refilling (THANK YOU!!!)
2- the slots on the bottom of the base and how you made them round is just amazingly cool. I didn't like the regular straight slots on Ody base or iatty base. By the way yankee for your question regarding using it in justGG. If you notice the rounds end before hitting the 510 threading. JustGG lid is completely flat up to the 510 hole. You will definitely not have a problem. This V2 slotting will allow air for mods that have a well and slots on the 510 connector threading. All what Imeo is doing which is genius is allowing air to enter the wells of the mods to be able to reach the 510 connector threading slots.
3- no flooding while screwing (simple but genius)
4- 2mm air hole (THANK YOU, microcoils and lung inhales will be perfect)
5- the following message is for stelios :D:D:D:D:D

Last edited:

steliosss

kindness always repays... be sure of that...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2012
Athens - Greece (GG land)
www.e-smokeguru.gr
1- Air flow control is not full airflow control because an airflow control as i see it has 3 uses:
a- tighten, loosen the draw for comfortable vaping
b- regulate the liquid control by applying the right pressure
c- allow more/less air to hit the coil to control coolnes of vapor + throat hit + vapor + flavor

With the adjustable air draw implemented in Penelope V2, it satisfies only the first 2 parts and not the 3rd and most important

My answer: Could you do that better? :D

2- I wished that you put a small metal part between the o-ring and the positive wire to better secure the positive wire and not deform the oring with the wire which could lead to leaking.

My answer: We talk about that before :D

3- Air draw and coolness of vape are interdependent. You either have a tight warm air or loose cool air. I cannot argue with this because it is genius to think about these things and i cannot ask more of a feature that is new to the market. I am just putting the comment there

4- the increased length of ceramic housing with respect to the base, might cause wicking issues or problems in wicking the last drops

You said it yourself: "might cause wicking ;) But imeo is testing Penelope for one and a half months :D

Kissesss... :D

:laugh:

EDIT: The following message is for imeo

I'm shocked!!! That is NOT a Penelope V2... that's an all brand new atomizer!
I couldn't imagine all these new features!!!

Even the channels inside the top cap for not overflowing and the other channels at the base that stops before the main body for not leaking, are so simple but brilliant ideas!!

This is the most studied construction I've ever seen my friend... I'm so proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!

bow.gif

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto

My answer: We talk about that before :D

You said it yourself: "might cause wicking ;) But imeo is testing Penelope for one and a half months :D

Kissesss... :D

:laugh:

EDIT: The following message is for imeo

I'm shocked!!! That is NOT a Penelope V2... that's an all brand new atomizer!
I couldn't imagine all these new features!!!

Even the channels inside the top cap for not overflowing and the other channels at the base that stops before the main body for not leaking, are so simple but brilliant ideas!!

This is the most studied construction I've ever seen my friend... I'm so proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!

bow.gif

Stelioss now i hate you :D. You make me sound mean!!! Sometimes I am :evil:. I also mentioned the positive parts :mad:. I don't mean to complain just to complain. Imeo knows better. If I don't mention my comments i feel something poking me in my ... all day :D !! I also mentioned how the things that I commented on are new to the market and I don't think I can do better you GG freak!! :D:D

EDIT: added 2 EDITS in my previous post

Last edited:

steliosss

kindness always repays... be sure of that...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2012
Athens - Greece (GG land)
www.e-smokeguru.gr
Stelioss now i hate you :D. You make me sound mean!!! Sometimes I am :evil:. I also mentioned the positive parts :mad:. I don't mean to complain just to complain. Imeo knows better. If I don't mention my comments i feel something poking me in my ... all day :D !! I also mentioned how the things that I commented on are new to the market and I don't think I can do better you GG freak!! :D:D

EDIT: added 2 EDITS in my previous post

You must be joking!!! :(
You're a good friend and I didn't want to offend you in any way :oops:
I was just GG... hmmmm.. Just playing i wanted to say :)
Of course I didn't choose the positive parts... οtherwise how else would we play? :D

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
You must be joking!!! :(
You're a good friend and I didn't want to offend you in any way :oops:
I was just GG... hmmmm.. Just playing i wanted to say :)
Of course I didn't choose the positive parts... οtherwise how else would we play? :D

I wasn't offended my man, but it's hard to know the tone from reading, you seemed angry and I was affraid you will hit me in the face with a GG ring lol. Anyway next time i see you (by mistake like the first time) we can play your way, teasing each other the greek way :lol: !!!

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
yes ariel, it doesnt need locking ring just like Ithaka dont need it
Manni, as you already booked a place outside Vassili's store do you think it will be only one per costumer? if not, could you buy one for me?

I think I won't be on time for when the store opens, and you know, all those crazy people pushing ones to the others to buy one Penelope V2... :D

Imeo, I couldn't imagine all the improvements Penelope V2 would have, it is awesome !

I noticed Penelope V2 does not have / uses the "ceramic assembly locking ring", I think it is not needed due it gets well fixed with the positive o-ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread