The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Penelope V2

Discussion in 'The GG' started by imeothanasis, Nov 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Fesso

Fesso Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Were can I order 1.5 ohm ready made Imeo ribbon wire? I am in Canada.
    Thanks, I don't have time to go digging through threads...

2. Ariel_MX

Ariel_MX Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2010
    Guadalajara, México
  3. comptechltd

comptechltd Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 5, 2011
    So. IL (St. Louis)
    Imeo,

I just purchased a Vapor Flask V2 with the DNA 40 board that allows for heat control when you use straight nickel wire. I don't have the V3 update for my Penelope or the Ithaka update but do you see a problem just using nickel wire (no NR-R-NR) in a standard Penelope V2 or Ithaka??

Steve

4. Aal_

Aal_ Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2012
    Greece
    2 problems. The whole thing will heat up.risking melting plastics. And it will never vape correctly because you will not be able to cover the whole wire with wick. you have 2 solutions to try but i cannot promise they will work. Either use some thick silver wire as NR, or twist the Nickel on itself on the parts that are outside the coil (the parts that are usually NR). do 4 twists I advise.

5. georgie D

georgie D Full Member

Hi, georgie D here. I had the same issues with both v2 Pennys . I was always getting that burnt tast, and it did my head in. Didnt sue them for about
    six months. Went back to my trusty ithaka.mmmm
    but then I had a brain wave. I just use 2mm wick I buy from esg and used ready made wire from esg too, but
    im sorry I cant remember what resistance the wire is. 1.5 maybe? Any way here is the key, I wrapped the wire around the wick
    three times not to tight but just snug. I have not had an issue since, in fact I cant put them down. Ive set one up with
    The oddy dripper and the other v2 is standard and im vaping the ..... out of them. I feel sorry for my poor ithaka.
    anyhow try the 3 times thing out, I hope it works for you. Cheers and all the best

6. jesseseetai

jesseseetai Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 1, 2013
    louisville, ky, usa
    do you double the wick georgie, or do you just use a single piece?

7. Ariel_MX

Ariel_MX Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2010
    Guadalajara, México

Double 2mm wick at top and a single on both channels works good.

8. 67style

67style Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 23, 2014
    Germany
    Hey guys can anyone recommend a good setup for v3?

9. Sale Gosse

Sale Gosse Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 22, 2014
    La Rochelle France
    Hi 67,
    simply is the best ;)
    6-7 wraps for 0,85-1 ohm of 0,25 esg TI on 2mm, Fiber Freak cut at the top level of channels work well.
    I try parallel coil with Nichrome work well to but with TI needed 12-14 warps it's to long, and i prefer TI.

10. jesseseetai

jesseseetai Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 1, 2013
    louisville, ky, usa
    i think i'm gonna sell my V2 so i figured i'd post it up here and see if anyone's after one. it comes with the original setup and the short kit. i would also be willing to trade for a V3. hit me up if you're interested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.