Status
Not open for further replies.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I always wanted to make a different air control pro. The usual air control with a ring was copied too many times from others so I had to make something different but small and easy to operate too. Also this new air control allow us to totally lock the liquid, something that no atomizer had until today. Now the mouthpiece has 5 functions: adjust liquid, adjusted length, lock liquid, control air, put the drip tip of your choice. And all these without increasing even 1 mm of the length of the atomizer.
Nice job Imeo, it looks just great. The air flow control on the new mouth piece is the most ingenious feature IMO, at least at this point :). Looking forward to see it up close :thumb:

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
I always wanted to make a different air control pro. The usual air control with a ring was copied too many times from others so I had to make something different but small and easy to operate too. Also this new air control allow us to totally lock the liquid, something that no atomizer had until today. Now the mouthpiece has 5 functions: adjust liquid, adjusted length, lock liquid, control air, put the drip tip of your choice. And all these without increasing even 1 mm of the length of the atomizer.

Is the Ithaka update going to include any of the new Penelope features?

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
all penelopes can be put on proteus black. And I said to 2 friends to sell their v1 just because v2 is better. Nothing strange on that. If you want to keep your v1 penelope, its ok.
So I'm feeling a bit confused. V1 is NOT compatible with V2. As I bought V1 to go along with proteus what does this mean? Will V1 be compatible with Proteus? Also not to sound too frustrated but from reading this thread Imeo I've read that you think we should sell V1 and get a V2. When is the Proteus going to come to fruition?
The only reason we, or maybe I should say I, bought Penelope V1 was to put it on Proteus. Sorry for my frustration but I can't see buying another Penelope unless I know I can put it on a Proteus. Especially now that V1 appears inferior to V2 before we have the base we have been waiting for. Hang me by the rafters but this isn't making sense to me.

If I'm out of line so be it.

Chris

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
c. function is allowed aal. As you said, less air hits the coil if you tight the air control of Penelope

2. There is no leakage by o-ring that sits on base. People that thing they have leakage from that point are wrong or because they put too much wire around center post. One turn is enough. Usually their leakage comes from center pole and only because they open liquid control a lot. ........O-rings are made to totally seal a construction. If you want to check this, put water between base and rebuildable part and let it there for 1 hour. Nothing will happen. But if you still think that you are right, just buy a metal washer from a local store and put it there. These washers exist on every store and they cost nothing

3. You can cool the air and loosing air control. I didnt say the opossite. You cant have both of them at the same time. But you have both of them on penelope V2

4. Absolutely no problem about wicking ALL the liquid. Penelope V2 can wick even the last drop. You have a burn taste exactly when no liquid is inside tank. You will notice this when you try new Penelope and put it upsidedown after your first burn inhale. No liquid will come out

OK. Imeo this is a great atomizer. I am sure it will be the best thin atomizer on the market for a long time to come. Now, for the 'not so fun' part: My comments :evil:

1- Air flow control is not full airflow control because an airflow control as i see it has 3 uses:
a- tighten, loosen the draw for comfortable vaping
b- regulate the liquid control by applying the right pressure
c- allow more/less air to hit the coil to control coolnes of vapor + throat hit + vapor + flavor

With the adjustable air draw implemented in Penelope V2, it satisfies only the first 2 parts and not the 3rd and most important (EDIT: use it with JGG or GGTS you will have this perfectly)

2- I wished that you put a small metal part between the o-ring and the positive wire to better secure the positive wire and not deform the oring with the wire which could lead to leaking.

3- Air draw and coolness of vape are interdependent. You either have a tight warm air or loose cool air. I cannot argue with this because it is genius to think about these things and i cannot ask more of a feature that is new to the market. I am just putting the comment there

4- the increased length of ceramic housing with respect to the base, might cause wicking issues or problems in wicking the last drops (EDIT: stelioss is telling me you didn't have any problems drying it out or wicking issues so GREAT NEWS!!)

for the things i like which are in my opinion the reason i will buy the new penelope
1- ability to remove mouthpiece without removing the body + easy refilling (THANK YOU!!!)
2- the slots on the bottom of the base and how you made them round is just amazingly cool. I didn't like the regular straight slots on Ody base or iatty base. By the way yankee for your question regarding using it in justGG. If you notice the rounds end before hitting the 510 threading. JustGG lid is completely flat up to the 510 hole. You will definitely not have a problem. This V2 slotting will allow air for mods that have a well and slots on the 510 connector threading. All what Imeo is doing which is genius is allowing air to enter the wells of the mods to be able to reach the 510 connector threading slots.
3- no flooding while screwing (simple but genius)
4- 2mm air hole (THANK YOU, microcoils and lung inhales will be perfect)
5- the following message is for stelios :D:D:D:D:D

Last edited:

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
c. function is allowed aal. As you said, less air hits the coil if you tight the air control of Penelope

2. There is no leakage by o-ring that sits on base. People that thing they have leakage from that point are wrong or because they put too much wire around center post. One turn is enough. Usually their leakage comes from center pole and only because they open liquid control a lot. ........O-rings are made to totally seal a construction. If you want to check this, put water between base and rebuildable part and let it there for 1 hour. Nothing will happen. But if you still think that you are right, just buy a metal washer from a local store and put it there. These washers exist on every store and they cost nothing

3. You can cool the air and loosing air control. I didnt say the opossite. You cant have both of them. But you have both of them on penelope V2

4. Absolutely no problem about wicking ALL the liquid. Penelope V2 can wick even the last drop. You have a burn taste exactly when no liquid is inside tank. You will notice this when you try new Penelope and put it upsidedown after your first burn inhale. No liquid will come out

OK I was wrong regarding the first point, i will fix my post.

Regarding point -3- what I meant was like the ithaka telescoping mouthpiece, you can make it warmer without affecting the air draw. But in Penelope V2 if you want it warmer, you have to bring the mouthpiece down which restricts air flow as well. But now I watched the video again, there is some play you can do to make it warmer or cooler with the air completely open. The warmth is also dependent on how much you open the liquid control so I think this point is not valid for discussion. The mouthpiece you made has 4 features together, more features than a whole atomizer lol

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
sure aal, I agree. You cant have both of them but you still have the options even if you cant use them at the same time. And you are right about liquid control and air control, you can play with both of them to reach a result that is near to what you like.

I could make a telescopic mouthpiece on penelope to have independent air and temperature control but I would increase the cost a lot. Maybe we can make it as an update later
OK I was wrong regarding the first point, i will fix my post.

Regarding point -3- what I meant was like the ithaka telescoping mouthpiece, you can make it warmer without affecting the air draw. But in Penelope V2 if you want it warmer, you have to bring the mouthpiece down which restricts air flow as well. But now I watched the video again, there is some play you can do to make it warmer or cooler with the air completely open. The warmth is also dependent on how much you open the liquid control so I think this point is not valid for discussion. The mouthpiece you made has 4 features together, more features than a whole atomizer lol

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Thank you ut:)

serial list exist only for proteus. A list like this is a nightmare for sellers and I cant really do that to them.
As for the engraving, I want a minimum engraving on GG atomizers and a lot of engraving on GG mods. Big surfaces need more designs when small surfaces need less
that's really good more than i expect !!!
you are just innovapor imeo :)

but i disappoint just one thing that the body's engraving :(
i love the old penelope's big golden greek engraving :)

and will you open the thread of the penelope V2's serial list??
i hope serial number that i want :)

anyway, thanks imeo :thumbs:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
This is better from minute to minute,
no better statment then this, for GG flag ship tanker Ithaka.
after all competition hard work to come close :laugh::laugh::laugh:,
Imeo kick the gas pedal and show every one back bumper
we need more Hagen daz lol.

sure its, thats my intentions and thats what I always do when copies reach me. We always have to be 10 steps further than copiers. Thats why I made justGG and now Penelope V2 and a little later the Ithaka update and the new justGG button

BIG CL0UDS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2013
Tampa, FL
sure its, thats my intentions and thats what I always do when copies reach me. We always have to be 10 steps further than copiers. Thats why I made justGG and now Penelope V2 and a little later the Ithaka update and the new justGG button

Did I miss something. What are you doing with justGG button :)

blackwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
NH
www.blackwatersound.com
Why would a new attie not work with one of his new mods. If you have Penelope you already know it works with all his mods. The only difference is version 2 is not compatible with version 1 but if you can make something better why would you limit yourself to your old design. Penelope is still a great device he is just offering an updated version. If you really feel the need to have version 2 and don't want your Penelope just sell it on the classies. I guarantee you can still get back what you paid for it. Yes you can be mad that you bought Penelope for the proteus release but if he can make something better why would he not do it. Think about the amount of people that are going to get proteus and also want to buy Penelope. If he has something better to offer for us why not do it. He always wants to make what he has better and offer us the best.

Thanks for clearing that up for me Dusty!

Kataphraktos

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
New York, NY
v2 is not compatible with V1 Pain. That was my plan at first but then I thought: "Why not make a totally new one exactly as I like it?"

IMHO you should do this more often. Backward compatibility makes your job 10x more difficult, and limits the improvements you can make. And then, when something doesn't quite fit, you have more work and cost to "fix" it, even though it is technically not "broken".

I never understood why it was so important for justGG and older mod parts to be interchangable. Cool? Very. Practical? Not so much.

I have no Penelopes, but even if I had 10, I cannot imagine wanting to swap parts between v1 and v2.

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA
IMHO you should do this more often. Backward compatibility makes your job 10x more difficult, and limits the improvements you can make. And then, when something doesn't quite fit, you have more work and cost to "fix" it, even though it is technically not "broken".

I never understood why it was so important for justGG and older mod parts to be interchangable. Cool? Very. Practical? Not so much.

I have no Penelopes, but even if I had 10, I cannot imagine wanting to swap parts between v1 and v2.

There are actually many reasons for mod and atty compatibility. Say someone has ody and waited on buying a used GGTS. But bought a JGG. I see a very good reason for compatibility between atty and mod. Now. I also am NOT upset about the two penny's not being compatible between each other.
Stelios (I believe it was him) stated that the penny v2 is more a different atty than a v2. I've watched the video and read the features. I agree with him.
If you want to keep the versions of attys separate, that's fine. But all attys should universally fit the current and precious mods. OR explicitly state that it won't and stick by that from beginning to end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread