Penelope's missing parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

R53_Dave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2012
USA
Dave, you misunderstand if you think that every CS ticket I receive is about something missing or faulty parts. It is because I receive 30 to 40 tickets on average a day asking many things, mostly where is my order, and is it confirmed; outside of any "issue" tickets.

Most of my CS tickets are people asking for updates on their orders. I usually get all CS Tickets answered within 24 hours of recieving them.

Thanks.

--
@ tap :

We would never throw our hands up and say screw it... exepct for the idea of saying screw it... to that we say...*hands thrown up* screw that!! :p

I understand. I've managed help desks for over 10 years and know the types of things people can plug up the lines with.

My first impression of COV was not very good. The Ody I ordered was missing an o-ring. Then a week later my 3 Penelope's showed up with 2 being unusable. I came to the forums to find many others with the same issues. Everywhere I turned people were saying they were shorted something. Nut's, wires, o-rings, all sorts of stuff. A few long time ECF people told me "Yeah, that's how COV rolls. Half the time something will be missing from the order. Bruce will make it right though. If your dealing with new GG parts, get used to it" So what am I suppose to think?

You shot me an email today to confirm delivery of my missing parts with one of my 2 new orders. Thank you! You can see I'm trying to be flexable here.

I have a Proteus reserved and will be trying to get a GGTS when they go on sale later this month. So you're stuck with me for the time being. I'm hoping to become a fan of COV rather than a critic. I'm willing to do my bit to make that happen. I'm looking forward to my next few orders being uneventful.

:toast:

sportyfortyeight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2011
dfw,texas,usa
i can say iv had issues in the past with missing parts when the ody exp pack was sold. i bought 3 of them and one was missing a pin. bruce shipped me one no questions asked. when it comes to a gg and all the many parts that need to be assembled to make what ever it is and at the amount they have to put together things will be over looked by mistake. even with the past issues i feel 100% comfortable shopping at cov as i know if something is not right bruce WILL make it right.. only thing that sucks is after the shopping wars when things go on sale i get super excited to see the box of parts and when something gets over looked and is missing something i have to kick back read how great it is as i wait for the issue to get fix.. bruce and cov rock...

JthaBigVapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2012
Florida
Dave, no matter what... I will convert you :)

It is not so much "put up with you" as I love to be doing business with you, that goes for everyone. We value our customers and to that end we are always trying to make improvements.

And thank you sporty for your support.

Everyone, your support is always awesome, which is why I often times start my work day here on ECF. No matter what the post :p it always gets me more motivated to perform at work (not saying that I am not already :p), hearing from the community. I always approach an order not as just "an order" I know that there is a person on the other end of that order, who needs to be satisfied, they trust us to perform business with us and we want to take care of them.

Nuff said :)

R53_Dave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2012
USA
Uggg. Ok, got the parts today. Thank you! Problem is both had badly tapped threads. Both would totally bind up before they were even half way on the housing. One and a half turns, and locked tight. No knurles. No cross threads. It's like these were some of the last pieces cut when the tooling was going out of spec. Didn't figure I'd need to bust out my tap set for these :facepalm: I recut one already, and will do the other tomorrow.

Sigh, I can't catch a break, can I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread