Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
BTW - Don't Forget that the FDA Does Not Need to make all the Rules regarding Deemed tobacco Products or Combustibles on the First Go Around.

And Zeller has said Many Times that what they want to do is Foundational. And that it Can/Will Evolve as time goes by.

It wouldn't surprise me if they Sent a Somewhat Watered Down Version to Congress first. Something that Didn't have a Lot of Cracks in the Sidewalk. Something that would be Easier to get Approval as a Whole. Then Chip Away at some of the Finer Points as Time goes by.

Or, if they Feel they have a Lock in the Senate, they could Drag there Feet and Throw Every Line Item they can Think of in it.

It's Very Hard to Say.

potholerepairman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2009
Our best chance to derail the Deeming Regulations will be at the ballot box during this upcoming mid-term elections. If liberal Dems who currently control the HELP committee that over-sees the FDA are no longer in the leadership position, we have a much better chance that these regulations will at a minimum be postponed and possibly just dropped or drastically scaled back.

We should continue to write the FDA and our elected officials, but a change in the leadership of the Senate is where our efforts should be directed, if at all possible.

I liked it but do not find our cause political. as in one party vs another.

the hippies took both parties.
ps- if you spell it wrong , you belong:)

Last edited:

Andromendous

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2014
Oklahoma, USA
AND speaking of Ds and politics I'm not sure if the following has been posted but it's NEW and fresh. They want this done today (sooner rather than later) so to speak and not down the road. Bolding and txt size by yours truly:

"In a letter to FDA Commissioner Margaret Hamburg, the Members wrote: “While FDA’s proposed rule sets the stage for future regulations, strong regulatory actions on marketing to children, e-cigarette flavors, and online sales cannot wait. FDA has an existing mechanism to protect children now—without waiting years to implement new regulations to accomplish these goals.”

Source with the letter of 8/4/2014: US Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, & Pensions: Newsroom - Press Releases

EDIT for clarity
They should just require you to enter your drivers license number in order to purchase liquid online. That would fix that. No more kids buying e liquid.

If we cant have eliquid flavors then why can they make flavored liquors? Bud lite lime must make kids pull their hair out.[emoji43]

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
Some great what ifs posts on this issue. Lets see...who are we missing in our "Band of brothers and sisters"? /lol /joke

My my what a perfect fit for one of our possible outcomes. Already in place and that would be the PACT Act which would require an amendment to include Juice:

New Federal PACT Act Prohibits Trafficking Cigarettes on Internet
New York to Recover Millions in Lost Cigarette Tax Revenue

ALBANY, N.Y. (July 1, 2010) – The Internet sale of tobacco products in the United States is now illegal under the federal PACT Act – the Prevent All Cigarette Trafficking Act. President Obama signed the PACT Act into law on March 31, which curtails the sale of untaxed cigarettes and other tobacco products over the Internet and bans the delivery of tobacco products through the U.S. mail.

Source: New Federal PACT Act Prohibits Trafficking Cigarettes on Internet

Text of the PACT Act: https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/111/s1147/text

EDITED: Corrected my senior moment for clarity.

Last edited:

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
The PACT Act only applies to those tobacco products that are specifically defined in the act.
I am about 99% sure it would have to be amended to include electronic cigarettes.

You are 100% correct and I was wrong. I just read the law again. THANK YOU! Article corrected with suitable attribution and a few ways that the "enforcement" angle will play out as in "sooner rather than later"

:)

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

the hippies took both parties.
ps- if you spell it wrong , you belong:)

"In the darkness down the hall,
Blacklight posters on the wall.
Of Jimi Hendrix.

Someone's lost in yesterday,
Hazy dreams of Monterey.... and Woodstock."

The Atlanta Rhythm Section- Quinella, Homesick, 1981

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread