petition needs your signature

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
I've only ever followed a link from here to something posted on reddit. It does not seem like a place overly concerned with how the regulations are going to turn out.

it's how Reddit works. If a post does not continously receive comments and upvotes, it will go down in the list, and then no one sees it anymore. There's not much to comment on a link to a petition, so.....

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
Does anyone know if this petition has been posted on reddit?
It has. According to Google, links to the petition are now showing up on tons of websites. Here's a few from a quick google search :

Change.org petition: Reject the FDA's Deeming of Vapor Products as Tobacco Products : electronic_cigarette

It takes hardly any time at all. Support and fight - Photo.sh

pinhere.me - tag:bigtobacco

Petition the FDA

https://twitter.com/vapebrigade

And I learned about a similar petition on this site, but we got more signatures in less time... so if anyone here is a member over there, how about dropping a link? :p
Petition to the United States Congress on Change.org | Vaping Venue

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I'm already preparing the material. BTW I just found that Katy Perry vapes. So does Lindsay Lohan, but I guess no one is interested in her pics anymore.
I wonder if we could somehow reach out to them, I mean, if Lindsay is turning her life around, I'm willing to give her a second shot ;)

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
16,800 supporters :D

It has. According to Google, links to the petition are now showing up on tons of websites. Here's a few from a quick google search :

Change.org petition: Reject the FDA's Deeming of Vapor Products as Tobacco Products : electronic_cigarette

It takes hardly any time at all. Support and fight - Photo.sh

pinhere.me - tag:bigtobacco

Petition the FDA

https://twitter.com/vapebrigade

And I learned about a similar petition on this site, but we got more signatures in less time... so if anyone here is a member over there, how about dropping a link? :p
Petition to the United States Congress on Change.org | Vaping Venue
Whoa, that is awesome!

Did someone say nudity?
Dog-Pantyhose-Meme.png

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Wanted to share that I've had a talk with someone from CASAA, she will bring up the petition at their next board meeting. I think a CTA right now might be premature, but asked them to consider one when the final rules are either released or close to being released.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I have added the tag [HASHTAG]#vaporisnottobacco[/HASHTAG] to the petition text, and I finally tweeted the petition. I've been reluctant because I use my Twitter mainly for gaming, but, worthy cause.

Sent from my zombie defense stronghold using Tapatalk - now Free

Jode

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
Seabrook, NH, USA
I was thinking the same but any annoyed by it will just have to suck it up. I have tried to be supportive of others posts so they can return the favor. As far as commenting on the petition to keep it bumped up on sites. I try to revisit sites I have posted and make my own little comments to get that bump. Something little like a progress report, a reminder to share, or jus a thanks for those I have seen sign. I haven't been told to stop yet so that is good.

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
I have added the tag [HASHTAG]#vaporisnottobacco[/HASHTAG] to the petition text, and I finally tweeted the petition. I've been reluctant because I use my Twitter mainly for gaming, but, worthy cause.

I understand your reluctance - I only use social media for my music-related interests and to promote my music-related websites. I have other accounts, but I don't really use them and don't have enough followers to count, so I went ahead and posted the petition on my music accounts where I do have a fair number of followers. I'm adding your hashtag now -- looks like we own it, so let's share it!!

I've toyed with the idea of creating new social accounts just for vape-related stuff, mainly to help promote this petition. But it takes so long to get followers, I'm not sure how much it would help. Plus it's kinda like preaching to the choir. The more I think about it, the more I think posts on non-vape related sites and profiles help more than posting to the inner circle.

Jode

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
Seabrook, NH, USA
I understand your reluctance - I only use social media for my music-related interests and to promote my music-related websites. I have other accounts, but I don't really use them and don't have enough followers to count, so I went ahead and posted the petition on my music accounts where I do have a fair number of followers. I'm adding your hashtag now -- looks like we own it, so let's share it!!

I've toyed with the idea of creating new social accounts just for vape-related stuff, mainly to help promote this petition. But it takes so long to get followers, I'm not sure how much it would help. Plus it's kinda like preaching to the choir. The more I think about it, the more I think posts on non-vape related sites and profiles help more than posting to the inner circle.

Great point. I am trying to think of other non vape sites that I am part of that may except it. I am part of a lot of yard-sale sites but not sure something like this will go over. Can't hurt to try. I have seen other non yard sale things posted. I will ask on other places I am part of.

Users who are viewing this thread