Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Talk about glass houses.

2017920-sleeping-squirrel.jpg

Yep, it is sleeping and that's where it built its nest. :lol:
Are you sure he’s sleeping? Other squirrels could have laid him there for a viewing before his funeral. Apparently that is common squirrel behavior as is burying their dead. Most folks aren’t aware of this, they are one of a few mammals that have wakes and funerals. So go out into the world my ECF brethren and impress your families and friends with this FACT. If they argue with you and say it’s not true tell them how stupid they sound saying that. Once convincing them, tell them to spread these squirrel facts to their families and friends. It’s important to educate the public because our school system has fallen woefully short of this. No need to fact check this either because I am the foremost authority on obscure squirrel facts. Also great pic, very tastefully done. If you get a chance try to take a picture of the funeral as well. If you photo the gravestone we will be able to find out this squirrel’s name and age because as far as we’ve come in understanding squirrel behaviors, unfortunately, we still can’t speak their language.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains

Are you sure he’s sleeping? Other squirrels could have laid him there for a viewing before his funeral. Apparently that is common squirrel behavior as is burying their dead. Most folks aren’t aware of this, they are one of a few mammals that have wakes and funerals. So go out into the world my ECF brethren and impress your families and friends with this FACT. If they argue with you and say it’s not true tell them how stupid they sound saying that. Once convincing them, tell them to spread these squirrel facts to their families and friends. It’s important to educate the public because our school system has fallen woefully short of this. No need to fact check this either because I am the foremost authority on obscure squirrel facts. Also great pic, very tastefully done. If you get a chance try to take a picture of the funeral as well. If you photo the gravestone we will be able to find out this squirrel’s name and age because as far as we’ve come in understanding squirrel behaviors, unfortunately, we still can’t speak their language.

Well, no, I'm not sure, I took the explanation of the photo as truth. And I've yet to see a squirrel funeral, let alone a squirrel headstone. Burning squirrel funeral pyres would explain a lot of the fire fires around amounting to several hundred acres of burnt forest though. On a brighter note, I did spot these good guys practicing in a local park today. :)

1abe391a1f29c8a3ed416bb8abbeb197.jpg

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave

Well, no, I'm not sure, I took the explanation of the photo as truth. And I've yet to see a squirrel funeral, let alone a squirrel headstone. Burning squirrel funeral pyres would explain a lot of the fire fires around amounting to several hundred acres of burnt forest though. On a brighter note, I did spot these good guys practicing in a local park today. :)

1abe391a1f29c8a3ed416bb8abbeb197.jpg
Wow that’s an interesting pic. When I was studying squirrel behavior in college my professor hypothesized that squirrels would LARP in the wild but that behavior had never been seen. So that picture will probably be on the cover of The American Journal of Squirrelliness next month. With all the camera phones these days we are able to document behaviors that we only suspected they partook in a decade ago. It sure is an exciting time to be a squirrel behaviorist.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA

Mostly to keep the petition front and center, Mad. Squeaky wheel, and all that. It may or may not have any positive effect, but doing nothing will surely achieve nothing. And, of course, petitions are only ONE of the things we vapers should be doing to try to protect our right to choose.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I've been a squirrel behaviorist even since one got trapped with me in my dorm room in college. (Long story.) I have observed that squirrels like potato chips, and the one I had a Close Encounter with accidentally knocked my screen door back in place after coming in for some. I have also observed that squirrels trapped in small spaces get a bit antsy, even more so if you advance upon them with a broom handle to knock the screen out of place. The squirrel will bare its teeth at you, and it will make high pitched, skittery noises of dismay (I was doing it too). It also moves in unpredictable vectors as you get closer.

Once you get the screen out of place, well, it will exit rapidly. There is certainly a chance that it MAY return to the scene of the crime, but I did not take that chance, I had BARS installed (well I would have).

It was not my proudest moment of all time, I mean, I was like, "I'm a senior about to approach the real world, how am I gonna get my life together if I can't deal with a dang squirrel?" It was an almost existential crisis, seriously. Especially given the fact that I considered releasing the squirrel from my room into the general dorm, which was women only. I couldn't bring myself to do it, but I really wanted to.

Sign the dang petition. Ever since, I have maintained a firm distance from squirrels, even if I have to run a little ways away.

So sign the dang petition, you can vape inside. Squirrels don't venture there (usually).

Do IT.

Anna

Reactions: mattiem

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
64,550... :(

Wow that’s an interesting pic. When I was studying squirrel behavior in college my professor hypothesized that squirrels would LARP in the wild but that behavior had never been seen. So that picture will probably be on the cover of The American Journal of Squirrelliness next month. With all the camera phones these days we are able to document behaviors that we only suspected they partook in a decade ago. It sure is an exciting time to be a squirrel behaviorist.

Had to look up LARP. :facepalm: Your professor is quite right. Send him this for a gold star. ;)

f4115f50f16eb08840548c54ba1ff6c7.jpg

I've been a squirrel behaviorist even since one got trapped with me in my dorm room in college. (Long story.) I have observed that squirrels like potato chips, and the one I had a Close Encounter with accidentally knocked my screen door back in place after coming in for some. I have also observed that squirrels trapped in small spaces get a bit antsy, even more so if you advance upon them with a broom handle to knock the screen out of place. The squirrel will bare its teeth at you, and it will make high pitched, skittery noises of dismay (I was doing it too). It also moves in unpredictable vectors as you get closer.

Once you get the screen out of place, well, it will exit rapidly. There is certainly a chance that it MAY return to the scene of the crime, but I did not take that chance, I had BARS installed (well I would have).

It was not my proudest moment of all time, I mean, I was like, "I'm a senior about to approach the real world, how am I gonna get my life together if I can't deal with a dang squirrel?" It was an almost existential crisis, seriously. Especially given the fact that I considered releasing the squirrel from my room into the general dorm, which was women only. I couldn't bring myself to do it, but I really wanted to.

Sign the dang petition. Ever since, I have maintained a firm distance from squirrels, even if I have to run a little ways away.

So sign the dang petition, you can vape inside. Squirrels don't venture there (usually).

Do IT.

Anna

Aw man, you missed your chance at a personal body guard that would have worked for peanuts, or Whoppers.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Aww.. How nice, but I have the husband for a personal bodyguard and he doesn't have a tail.

I totally believe it about the burglar. Squirrels are MEAN. I thought there were none in Tucson then I started taking the kid and his dog to Reed park prior to his move . There are some there. There are also some swans, ducks and geese, and also some weirdly inbred species like deese, swucks and stuff. Those are mostly not terrifying but there is so much trash in that park, the creatures don't bother anyone.

Anna

Reactions: FlamingoTutu

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I got an oak tree in the back yard with a big squirrel nest in it for many years now. They come down to pick up the acorns off the ground from time to time. When this happens I’ll tell my dog “squirrels!!” And she runs to the tree to try and catch one. They run up the tree and, no joke here, throw acorns at my dog and me. It’s happened many times so I know it’s not a coincidence or they are just dropping them because they have good aim. I hate to say this but the squirrels are smarter than my dog because she can’t figure out what’s hitting her and where it’s coming from and they just keep chucking them at her and occasionally throw one at me for wicking her on them. If I wasn’t positive the police would be called I’d send some buck-shot their way to return the favor.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
64,548 :cry:

Now you guys have hurt the squirrel's feelings.

article-2550451-1B25451600000578-263_634x448.jpg

Squirrels, like quail, were created to act like whackos. They're overachieves at it. I had an apple thrown at me from 80' up a sugar pine tree. Took me a minute to figure out what the little green thing falling towards me was. :blink: But you haven't lived until the rats in LA toss stuff out of the tops of palm trees at you. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread