definitive-proof-that-turtles-are-the-most-kick-a-1-6369-1391652060-22_big.jpg

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
1415278621_image.jpg

Thank you FT and Robin. :wub: I am feeling a bit better today. I will just stay on this thread and my thread and I think it will help clear my mind of all the bad stuff.
I've looked through but haven't posted in a few days. You have no idea how happy I was to see that you'd decided to stay. You scared the daylights out of me, woman! I've got a rough patch going right now so it's not like I didn't empathize with you, I feel bad that I might have come off selfish about you wanting to leave though. Forgive me.
Sometimes you have to step away from the media and general news, legislation, FDA forums. I know I do. Every few weeks, months if I'm lucky, I seem to have the same "discussions" and they always seem to be pretty one sided. Someone gives an opinion, based either on a feeling or something that someone said in a news report. Then a bunch of people give counter arguments, with studies backing them up. Those who agree with the first post, continue with the argument, based on feelings, and nothing changes.

It can be tiring fighting for the truth, when some refuse to move past the smoke and mirrors, even when they themselves benefit from the truth.

Sorry I've been absent everyone. My personal life is draining me, but I appreciate all of you who are keeping things going, and hopefully I'll be returning to full speed soon.
Media/general news, legislation and FDA forums can beat you down fast. :cry: I'm sorry about your family problems Les, hope they are soon resolved for the better soon. We miss you but certainly do not hold it against you.

Do let me know when you are full speed again, and no hurry about it, because I have a bunch of spidy pictures I've been saving for you. :)
David, thank you, every signature counts!
smiley-bounce016.gif

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
((((((((((FT)))))))))) I am so sorry to hear that you too are going through a rough patch. :( and even more sorry that I piled even more on you :(

Maybe it is something in the air :shock:

I :nun: that whatever it is it will soon pass. I will stick here :matrix: as much as I can but will also go outside and grab some sunshine :2cool: whenever possible and then hopefully won't end up as a :tumble: I :wub: All you folks.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
51,534 :)

Mattie, thank you. :wub: Just got a bit much piled on all at once. On a high note, we have two new yard visitors, Laurel and Hardy. It’s really weird seeing two turkeys sitting 40 feet up a pine tree. Deer are scared to death of them. :lol:

ANI062-00339_hr.adapt.1190.1.jpg

African White-Bellied Tree Pangolin - A baby hitches a ride on its mother at Pangolin Conservation, a nonprofit organization in St. Augustine, Florida.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
Sometimes you have to step away from the media and general news, legislation, FDA forums. I know I do. Every few weeks, months if I'm lucky, I seem to have the same "discussions" and they always seem to be pretty one sided. Someone gives an opinion, based either on a feeling or something that someone said in a news report. Then a bunch of people give counter arguments, with studies backing them up. Those who agree with the first post, continue with the argument, based on feelings, and nothing changes.

It can be tiring fighting for the truth, when some refuse to move past the smoke and mirrors, even when they themselves benefit from the truth.

Sorry I've been absent everyone. My personal life is draining me, but I appreciate all of you who are keeping things going, and hopefully I'll be returning to full speed soon.
Sincerely hope things are going better for you Les...!

Users who are viewing this thread