Phoenix 3.3 ML Bottom Coil Carto & 3ml mod trick

Status
Not open for further replies.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Being as most of the talk on the other thread is about the smaller Phoenix I thought I would start one about the 3.3 ml version.

I only ordered one and one Vivi Nova to try and found out I really like the 3.3 Phoenix best. I like the Vivi as far as replaceable parts and all but when it comes to vaping imho the 3.3 Phoenix has them all beat.
So far it is the best of all the vision products I've tried. I've tried most of them including all three versions of the Stone, Grande's, Vivi and others. I haven't had one dry hit or any leakage at all and every hit has been the same so far, great taste and vapor.

I hope they get the replacement tanks in so I can order more!

Good job GV on this one because it is a winner!:2cool::vapor:

BOREMAN

ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
RVing the USA
Having purchased the Phoenix 1.5, Phoenix 3.0 and the ViVi Nova. I am truly enjoying all three with no problems at all. However my fav of the three is the Phoenix 3.0 as well. Been using on the Provari btwn 3.4 - 4.2, and enjoy it best at the 3.6 mark. Works well also on my eGo batts. Very pleased with the Phoenix line. Put another feather in your cap Gotvapes. You def have a winner with the Phoenix line. The ViVi needs a little bit more tweaking with the coil setup though. I have complete confidence though it will be corrected very soon. Cheers and happy vaping all.

SuperLuckyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Austin, TX
Thanks txtumbleweed. I was just going to start a similar thread, and look what I found - thanks! Love the phoenixXL version myself, and thinking of getting the larger one.

Did you have to tweak the larger phoenix or was is good to go?

The only other thing that gives me pause is the price. I realize it comes with accessories that I MAY use at some point. However, my policy has always been to buy 2 of something new just in case I get the 1 in whatever# that doesn't work well, and having a hard time justifying spending that much.

Has GotVapes said anything about selling just the vital part?

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Thanks txtumbleweed. I was just going to start a similar thread, and look what I found - thanks! Love the phoenixXL version myself, and thinking of getting the larger one.

Did you have to tweak the larger phoenix or was is good to go?

The only other thing that gives me pause is the price. I realize it comes with accessories that I MAY use at some point. However, my policy has always been to buy 2 of something new just in case I get the 1 in whatever# that doesn't work well, and having a hard time justifying spending that much.

Has GotVapes said anything about selling just the vital part?

I didn't tweak anything at all it was great right out of the box. They are supposed to order just the tanks. It would be good to have a couple of complete setups. It comes with a nice drip-tip but any 801 drip tip will work. The sleeves are essential though but I have some already from the Ce2 humongomizer that are identical. I hope they get the tanks in soon so I can buy a bunch before something gets changed because these are the best clearos I've tried yet!

SuperLuckyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Austin, TX
Thanks.

Another concern is leakage. The only reason I need a bigger juice holder is to carry around on one of those loooong days away from home. I already have a few such things I don't use much because of leaking if (when) they end up on their side in my pocket. Quite a mess.

Have you had time to check this out?

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Thanks.

Another concern is leakage. The only reason I need a bigger juice holder is to carry around on one of those loooong days away from home. I already have a few such things I don't use much because of leaking if (when) they end up on their side in my pocket. Quite a mess.

Have you had time to check this out?

Zero leaks so far. I have mine on a mini lava on a lanyard and it hasn't leaked a drop. I also lay it down on it's side on my desk and haven't had any leaking then either. They also come with a metal cap that screws on the top which is good for transporting it. I don't use it normally but if I was just carrying a couple of spares I would probably utilize them.

Last edited:

christopher6046

Mar 13, 2012
new york
I have a question. I bought this along with the vivi nova, which has its own issues....and it seems i m having bad luck.
but my question for the phoenix is this.....how long does it take before it breaks in? When I opened it, I noticed some kind of oil on the sleeve, and when I filled it up, got some nasty oil taste in my mouth. So i washed it out with water and white vinegar, dry burned it, but to be honest, didnt see the coils glow. I can still taste that oil or whatever it is. I m trying to vape it, but dont think i can do it much longer.

frequentj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2010
Louisville, KY
I have a question. I bought this along with the vivi nova, which has its own issues....and it seems i m having bad luck.
but my question for the phoenix is this.....how long does it take before it breaks in? When I opened it, I noticed some kind of oil on the sleeve, and when I filled it up, got some nasty oil taste in my mouth. So i washed it out with water and white vinegar, dry burned it, but to be honest, didnt see the coils glow. I can still taste that oil or whatever it is. I m trying to vape it, but dont think i can do it much longer.

I haven't tried the tank yet, sadly, but I have had other attys that had some machine oil or something on them. Try cleaning it with some puregrain or really hot water and dry burn it until the coils glow. It's totally yucky when they have those on them, but once you get rid of it, it should be gone for good.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
if your 3ml taste funny then please do this, i also apologize that your having that issue.

remove the cover, remove the inner plug
remove the metal inner tube with tweezers or cuticle cutter
no wash under hot water and fill it and blow througy it quickly, pushing the water out with force.
repeat this 5 to 7 times then shake dry
place on battery and wiggle off main tube with a good wiggle it will come off and slip on with no leaks at all, it will not leak so no need ot worry about removing the tube off the base,

now wash the coil area under hot water and washt he whole unit itself, tube as well

now pat it dry completly and dry it best you can
now give it short bursts of 3 seconds with a pause in between of 3 or 4 seconds so it cools down a tad in between dry burns
repeat this until the wick is dry and the coil begine to glow red, once it is red, repeat this 1 or 2 more times and your done.

make sure the wicks are in position in their slots and place the metal tube on then the clear tube over the whole unit, place the inner plug back and fill and vape.

i ran into one i was tasting that the primer was strong, this i what i did and it was perfect afterwords.

harleydiva

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2012
Southern Michigan
if your 3ml taste funny then please do this, i also apologize that your having that issue.

remove the cover, remove the inner plug
remove the metal inner tube with tweezers or cuticle cutter
no wash under hot water and fill it and blow througy it quickly, pushing the water out with force.
repeat this 5 to 7 times then shake dry
place on battery and wiggle off main tube with a good wiggle it will come off and slip on with no leaks at all, it will not leak so no need ot worry about removing the tube off the base,

now wash the coil area under hot water and washt he whole unit itself, tube as well

now pat it dry completly and dry it best you can
now give it short bursts of 3 seconds with a pause in between of 3 or 4 seconds so it cools down a tad in between dry burns
repeat this until the wick is dry and the coil begine to glow red, once it is red, repeat this 1 or 2 more times and your done.

make sure the wicks are in position in their slots and place the metal tube on then the clear tube over the whole unit, place the inner plug back and fill and vape.

i ran into one i was tasting that the primer was strong, this i what i did and it was perfect afterwords.

Bad,

I really appreciate that you put this stuff up....but I just want them to work out of the box....LOL. I'm an old lady...can take a computer apart and put it back together, tell you about all the parts you might need for your Harley...but just don't wanna mess with this stuff other than screw it on and vape.

I'm totally hangin' in with you guys.....I appreciate the effort you make to give us great stuff and then make it right. Now.....waiting for the next cool thing....

harleydiva

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2012
Southern Michigan
I've seen a few people talk about sticking their stuff in an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner to clean it. Couple of people said they just use distilled water, another said white vinegar first, then water.

Anyone tried this??? I checked them out on Amazon.....would be a cool thing if it really works....thinking phoenix, plus Stardust, etc........

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
A fool on the hill in Deposit, NY
I've seen a few people talk about sticking their stuff in an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner to clean it. Couple of people said they just use distilled water, another said white vinegar first, then water.

Anyone tried this??? I checked them out on Amazon.....would be a cool thing if it really works....thinking phoenix, plus Stardust, etc........

I just did that. I used plain water. It seemed to work as well as soaking, just a lot faster. I'll use vinegar next time. I still had to dry burn the coils tho - but they were way crudded up.

SuperLuckyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Austin, TX

It may be a coincidence, but the stardusts I cleaned in the ultrasonic cleaner leaked afterwards. Haven't had it happen since I went back to just rinsing in alcohol and/or water.

I'm too scared to try it again to see if something else was going on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread