Status
Not open for further replies.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Just an FYI, Breazy has them back in stock (Dazzling, Red and Purple) for $29 again. I think they were out of stock for a while.

I know they've been had for less than this, but it's a great device for the money if anyone is on the fence, or wants a backup. Nothing wrong with the Squeeze 2, especially at these prices. I've bought worse mods for much more.

Agree, even this price is giveaway compared to the $65 mine were back in June '18.

S2x3.jpg

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Must resist..........I don’t need another....you’d be crazy not to at this price.....you have 2 already why....
I have to stop reading these threads. The last one I got, sure, always good to have a backup. A third one I think is one two many.
Ok thanks for helping me work through this issue with logic and common sense. I’ll be good for a couple hours until I come up with some excuse to consider getting another. As we all know it’s one minute, one hour, one day at a time. Thanks for the support everyone, god grant me the serenity....

• Optimistic
Reactions: Izan

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
Just an FYI, Breazy has them back in stock (Dazzling, Red and Purple) for $29 again. I think they were out of stock for a while.

I know they've been had for less than this, but it's a great device for the money if anyone is on the fence, or wants a backup. Nothing wrong with the Squeeze 2, especially at these prices. I've bought worse mods for much more.

luckily for me ... shipping cost kill me else i go for third one too :)

Reactions: Eskie

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Must resist..........I don’t need another....you’d be crazy not to at this price.....you have 2 already why....
I have to stop reading these threads. The last one I got, sure, always good to have a backup. A third one I think is one two many.
Ok thanks for helping me work through this issue with logic and common sense. I’ll be good for a couple hours until I come up with some excuse to consider getting another. As we all know it’s one minute, one hour, one day at a time. Thanks for the support everyone, god grant me the serenity....
LOL, I had to check my closet, I have three already, but picked up two more of them at this price. Heck, I've paid more than this for an RDA many times. The included RDA isn't great, but the mod alone is a steal. Sometimes, the kits from Breazy also include a 21700.

Same as you, I bought my third one as a 'backup', promising it would be my last one. I think I got it during the December Breazy sale.

Why not? I just spent $135 on a Drone. Honestly, could have gotten 4-5 of these for the same price and would have been a better bang/buck. I didn't feel guilty ordering two more of these after getting the Drone and being a bit underwhelmed with it.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I forgot about the 21700 battery that’s included. Good thing too because if I had remembered I would have probably bought several because at that price for a battery, mod, and rda it’s an awesome value. Not to mention more bottles, because you can never have too many Squonk bottles.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I ordered one the other day from Breazy. Not sure what will show up other than the mod, as the headline was a kit, but the specs were mod alone and no included battery. Even so, it's worth it as another 21700 capable regulated squonk. I don't feel bad about the RDA, probably wouldn't have ever used it anyway. So not as good a deal as before, but still quite reasonable. Maybe I'll get lucky and it will all be in the box as a surprise.

Reactions: Spydro

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
So mine arrived in rainbow. Full kit with the rda (which I doubt I'll ever use but you never know) but no 21700. That's OK, I have more arriving from IMR anyway. The bottle is a bit soft but ok, it's a major fingerprint magnet on this finish, and it's heavier than I expected. Have a Recurve on top right now and all works well. Worth getting especially at this price. At full price I'd complain more about the soft proprietary bottle and being such a fingerprint disaster.

Oh and turning the little light off was number two on my list after spending number one figuring out the button positions. Weird but comfy for me as a thumb fire.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
So mine arrived in rainbow. Full kit with the rda (which I doubt I'll ever use but you never know) but no 21700. That's OK, I have more arriving from IMR anyway. The bottle is a bit soft but ok, it's a major fingerprint magnet on this finish, and it's heavier than I expected. Have a Recurve on top right now and all works well. Worth getting especially at this price. At full price I'd complain more about the soft proprietary bottle and being such a fingerprint disaster.

Oh and turning the little light off was number two on my list after spending number one figuring out the button positions. Weird but comfy for me as a thumb fire.

I actually liked the Coral 2 RDA that came with it. Good flavor and easy to build on.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I actually liked the Coral 2 RDA that came with it. Good flavor and easy to build on.
I was surprised at the flavor the Coral 2 provides. I didn’t care for the deck, clipping wire and getting the coil where I wanted was a pain but that’s my only complaint. Also I’m only using mesh rda’s right now so it’s not gonna see much use, but it’s nice to know I have it as backup. Well backup to my other backups....

Reactions: Spydro

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I was surprised at the flavor the Coral 2 provides. I didn’t care for the deck, clipping wire and getting the coil where I wanted was a pain but that’s my only complaint. Also I’m only using mesh rda’s right now so it’s not gonna see much use, but it’s nice to know I have it as backup. Well backup to my other backups....

I only use mesh RDA's as well now days. So a hellofalotof great high end atty's are shelved that most likely will never be used again. So what about the Coral 2's? I'm not normally a fan of single mono coil/single AFC atty's. But I played with them a little when I got my first PS2's. In a nutshell what made them a possibility for me was building them with 4mm RxW in low sub ohm spaced Clapton coils. IMO RxW is 'the' flavor wicking, and can take anything you throw at it in stride. It can help make lessor atty's be more. The Coral's single AFC wide open provided enough air for my DL style, and that allows this give away atty to be an acceptable flavor chucker. So will I ever actually use them? Probably not. But they did not get tossed into the gorge as junk, yet. That in itself might say something.

Last edited:

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I'll have to give it a spin at some point. I know you can take off that air side to get to the whole deck, but to my eyes it looks like if you precut your legs you shouldn't have a problem getting the coil mounted with the disassembly. Anyone find that works ok?

Precutting coil legs has been a requirement in a small percentage of the multitude of previous atty's I have tried out over the years. It only takes a second or two.

In trying to come up with a new atty design with great fluid dynamics sometimes a build deck requires that. But when I played with the Coral's a little at first before shelving them, if I would have had to take off the AFC block to build them I would have just tossed them in the gorge instead.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Precutting coil legs has been a requirement in a small percentage of the multitude of previous atty's I have tried out over the years. It only takes a second or two.

In trying to come up with a new atty design with great fluid dynamics sometimes a build deck requires that. But when I played with the Coral's a little at first before shelving them, if I would have had to take off the AFC block to build them I would have just tossed them in the gorge instead.

Yeah, that bothered me when I saw it. Precutting the legs doesn't bother me, I have to do it on enough attys already. I just wanted to be sure it could squiggle down in there without dismantling everything. Tat would have been an instant no go for me as well.

• Agree
Reactions: madstabber

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I only used mesh RDA's as well. So a hellofalotof great high end atty's are shelved that most likely will never be used again. So what about the Coral 2's? I'm not normally a fan of single mono coil/single AFC atty's. But I played with them a little when I got my first PS2's. In a nutshell what made them a possibility for me was building them with 4mm RxW in low sub ohm spaced Clapton coils. IMO RxW is 'the' flavor wicking, and can take anything you throw at it in stride. It can help make lessor atty's be more. The Coral's single AFC wide open provided enough air for my DL style, and that allows this give away atty to be an acceptable flavor chucker. So will I ever actually use them? Probably not. But they did not get tossed into the gorge as junk, yet. That in itself might say something.
I’m curious, how many pieces of the RxW are you using for the 4mm coil? Also how long are you leaving the tails? Just touching the deck? Longer? Sh0rter? Inquiring minds want to know. You really think it’s improving flavor over cotton or rayon?

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I’m curious, how many pieces of the RxW are you using for the 4mm coil? Also how long are you leaving the tails? Just touching the deck? Longer? Sh0rter? Inquiring minds want to know. You really think it’s improving flavor over cotton or rayon?

4mm RxW in a Coral 2 coil is just one piece of 4mm RxW in the appropriate size coil for it... tail lengths just down to touching the bottom of the Coral's drip well. I don't think, I know RxW is the flavor wicking for my uses over cotton, rayon or anything else I tried in my early days of vaping.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
4mm RxW in a Coral 2 coil is just one piece of 4mm RxW in the appropriate size coil for it... tail lengths just down to touching the bottom of the Coral's drip well. I don't think, I know RxW is the flavor wicking for my uses over cotton, rayon or anything else I tried in my early days of vaping.
Ok thanks, I didn’t know they made 4mm RxW. I have some of the same stuff, I think, it is called (XC-213) <that’s not the right name I can’t find it at the moment. I got it from some company located in South Dakota, I think again, when it first came on the vape scene before RxW was available. I Think it was kiln treated, which is important, and I may have to give it another go. Last time I used it was to rebuild a Kanger pro tank coil and I don’t really remember if it was an improvement over silica wick. The vape back then was piss poor anyway but thanks for the information @Spydro I need to revisit this wicking.

• Informative

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Ok thanks, I didn’t know they made 4mm RxW. I have some of the same stuff, I think, it is called (XC-213) <that’s not the right name I can’t find it at the moment. I got it from some company located in South Dakota, I think again, when it first came on the vape scene before RxW was available. I Think it was kiln treated, which is important, and I may have to give it another go. Last time I used it was to rebuild a Kanger pro tank coil and I don’t really remember if it was an improvement over silica wick. The vape back then was piss poor anyway but thanks for the information @Spydro I need to revisit this wicking.

Don't recognize the XC-213, but kind of remember XC-116 and XC-132 as being associated with RxW from RBA Supplies way back when (2013/2014). It's like Jeremy couldn't make up his mind what to call it, designation or size as 2mm also became 1.7mm, 3mm became 2.7mm, etc. But the 4mm remained 4mm AFAIK. My first bought came from his RBA Supplies outfit, last was under his new name Vapepour LLC, both in the greater Columbus area of Ohio.

Last edited:
  • Informative

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
Had a squonk mod back in 2014 and didn't care for the mess and sold it to a friend, but I've been following squonk threads off and on for quite a while on ECF and they seem to have improved quite a bit since then so started taking a serious look again.

This time my criteria is a bit different though. I need a pretty clean squonker and I need decent TC with SS316L. Since I've been using a couple of Picos as my workhorse mods for the last 2 years I have no doubt they did a reasonable job of regulation and TC. But the sales on this got me. How could I not get one in to satisfy my curiosity at that price right? Seems to me that most of the chatter here has been positive with the odd niggle thrown in, so I'm really looking forward to this mod. I'll give the Coral 2 a try and if not happy with it probably try the Drop Solo next. But all in all, pretty pumped to give this one a try and see.

I appreciate all the feedback here, especially the sales price posts that pushed me over the edge, but I have a quick question. Where can I get the bottle top SS hardware from, haven't had much luck finding them. I see bottles are easy to get , but it seems not so easy for the SS bottle parts. I'd really like about 4 spares sets for different flavors ready to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread