PICTORIAL: *The URBA* ~A new RTA by Petar K

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveid777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Baltimore, MD
Check out my blinged out URBA. Glass was purchased from IBTanked, custom cut, had to find new thicker orings, but now it's nice and snug.
303dd925ab0d270888a5d9eb841e6905.jpg

daveid777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Baltimore, MD
^ Beautiful, I'm liking it @daveid777 :)
Me too, since it was a custom order I had to get a few pieces done, so I also have a frosty white tank, a black to white swirl, and he threw in another blue that was messed up painting but still looks cool. Thinking I need another URBA for some of this glass.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
I have been running the URBA for a few days with NiFe70 .34 3mm coil wicked with rayon and it seems to be working fine in TC. I like this tank a lot. Nice throat hit and decent vapor. Not the best flavor but the most nic hit of all my atties.
how did you fix the 510 screw issue??

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
I used a small oring on the 510 using a screw found in a toolbox that is a bit longer. I still cannot use Ni200 accurately. I use NiFe70 because of it's higher resistance and tolerance to coils touching.

Hmm. I found one for sale in Uk but dont like the sound of that. I suspect the static resistance is prertty large also...I'll think on that but thanks for the update!

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
It's a nice tank but not specifically designed for TC. You can get it to work but not without some effort. It does have nice dense vapor production.

Hey @smokewell just wondering how you are getting on with the Urba and Tc vaping. Did you figure out a solution to the wobbly 510 issue??

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Nope, the URBA lays in my atty cemetery along with many other tanks. Le magister seems to have taken it's place. Origen MKii is also better at TC. The URBA needs a couple of revisions, improvements to be usable.
thanks for the update. I was just about to pull the trrigger on one but I think i will def abandon the urba for the time being until Petar addresses (or doesnt) the TC stability issue..I have been looking for a Magister but unicorn .... doesnt cover it...I guess they arent making any more either which is a shame! Oh well!
cheers

steve

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Just talked to Petar via FB messenger. He is sending one along tomorrow. I plan to use a Ti coil. Has anyone tried a mesh or ss cable to capillary feed the cotton wick?

I tried once, but rolled the mesh wrong for a good U wick. I know now how I should've done it so I will try again one of these days. Let us know how it goes :)

Reactions: McCoys

McCoys

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2014
★★★SeaXXle★★★
I sure will. I will feed two "stingers" of 500 mesh to the bottom of the tank. Cut them off between 2mm - 4mm above the deck floor. Wick the coil with cotton and drop the tails into the deck well. I don't know if I will have to oxidize the mesh because it will not touch the coils at'all. Probably not though unless oxidization aids the capillary action. I may or may not, depending on the clearance of the stingers to the inside wall wrap the stingers with one of the thin sheets of cotton padding I usually discard during normal wicking.

Reactions: roxynoodle

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I sure will. I will feed two "stingers" of 500 mesh to the bottom of the tank. Cut them off between 2mm - 4mm above the deck floor. Wick the coil with cotton and drop the tails into the deck well. I don't know if I will have to oxidize the mesh because it will not touch the coils at'all. Probably not though unless oxidization aids the capillary action. I may or may not, depending on the clearance of the stingers to the inside wall wrap the stingers with one of the thin sheets of cotton padding I usually discard during normal wicking.

Doing it that way I'm thinking not because it won't be part of the positive electrical connection.

Reactions: McCoys
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread