ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
The Vaper URBA
REBUILDABLE tank ATOMIZER

The guy who taught us how to easily wick & coil a Genny, pioneering the Petar K method; the guy who gave us the amazing 16mm Hybrid mod - The Vaper (currently the Vaper V4), Now brings us his first non-Genny Atomizer – and what a rta this is ~ The Vaper URBA ~ aka Universal Rebuildable Atomizer!

a4bpkw.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

DISCLAIMER: The entire review below is done with a Beta Unit of the URBA. The production unit looks tad different (pics and info-sheet added in the end). However, the contents & context of the review remain true to the retail version.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is it?
It is a Rebuildable Tank Atomizer, which looks and feels like a Genny, but is designed for Cotton wicks (or Rayon, Silica, Ekowool etc. for that matter).

20rk8k0.jpg

The URBA is divided into four main sections. The [1]base with 510, [2]the Tank, [3]The Deck and [4]the Topcap. Off course there's also a suitably designed Mouthpiece (Driptip) included in the package. Here is how the broken down URBA looks (alongwith it's sub-parts nomenclature):

fdzpyq.jpg

The Deck:
The deck is unique indeed. Very akin to a Genny's but different nonetheless. You have space for a horizontal coil & wick (3mm) with two terminal post screws at opposing ends. Look below:

5dqpgz.jpg

Along the coil ends kindly note two wick holes, which is there for our cotton wick tails to drop down into the tank and feed juice to the coil vide capillary action.

The URBA is thus like no other. It is a bottom feeder, but not Kayfunesque like most of the other RTAs today are. It also is not a “pressure fed and vacuum assisted” atty unlike them. Rather the URBA is a “capillary action” atty, just like a Genny. Rebuilding pics (and step-by-step instructions) are given later in this review.

Key Features:
1. Uses features of both – a Tank and a Dripper
2. Feeding system perfect for Chain Vaping. Even at higher Wattages
3. Reduced Chamber ~ and vaper directly to mouth (chimney eliminated)
4. Bottom air-fed. There's a 6mm air channel under the coil
5. Four-way AFC:
2x3mm on the sides; and 2x1.5mm on top of Topcap (tunable by rotating the Driptip)​
6. Wide bore Driptip (8.6mm ID) included. You can also extend it by 'adding' another driptip on it
7. Tank capacity: 6.0ml (plus 0.55ml on the deck)
8. Unit can be completely disassembled (see pic above). And it is easy
9. DIMENSIONS: 22mm (OD) x 50mm (L), without 510 & driptip
10. MATERIAL: 316L Stainless Steel, PMMA & Steel tanks, Ceramic Insulators
11. FINISH: Mix of Media blasted and Polished Accents
12. Adjustable 510

Build Quality, Fit & finish:
This is a Petar K product, what do you expect? Impeccable quality all around! Best materials (316L EU Certified SS), Ceramic Insulators and PMMA instead of regular acrylic (more resistant to tank crackers). But, the icing is on milling & machining. Each component fit onto the other like a glove.

2je75ud.jpg

Everything is press fit except the Pos Pole (#7 & 8), which is screwed. And everything remains intact even under a fall. A mix of Media Blasted with Polished Accents (Mid rings and Driptip) make it look & feel exquisite. The digital laser engraved Logo (with Name) is deep and precision cut. The tolerances are minute yet specific. And top all that with an easy rotatable AFC (aka topcap &/or driptip).

Air Flow:
This aspect needs special mention. See the pic below. The airway from the sides is thru-n-thru and under the coil. Which means ~ Amazing Flavor! And those holes are huge. 2x3mm on the sides (of the deck, as well as the topcap), while the direct air flow under the coil comes thru a 6mm air channel, Whaat? And yes, there's more ~ there are two more airholes (2x1.5mm) on “top” of the topcap, for lip-sneaking some more air if you want to. Clouds, eh!

1imsk1.jpg

So you see, the URBA is pretty much fine tunable to your type of draw. Close and AFCs enough for MTLs – or open them up to the full for total DLH and clouds. And b'coz the deck setup is like a Genny or a RDA and closer to the mouth, you still have good flavor.

Wicking / Feeding:
It's a top mounted deck, with the wicks dropped down into the tank to pick up juice. There are two wick holes for the purpose. And it's a no-nonsense feeder! There is no science messing up with under-wicking or over-wicking ~ just plain old “oil lamp” feeding system. See the pic below:

Push your wick tails down those two holes and it will feed. Simple capillary action. And unless you choke up those wick holes (aka stuffed up cotton) you are good. I have been rocking my URBA dual-coiled for around a month now. 0.5 Ohms build – and it still feeds perfectly, even under chain vaping, which I do.

But, the URBA is designed for a single coil build. And a 3mm one at that. Use that (full info in the rebuilding section) and you have no worries of wicking. This atty feeds well.

Easy Maintenance:
Also potent to mention once more that the URBA is absolutely easy to dismantle to it's last part. You can strip it down completely and clean each part / item and reassemble it back just as easy. It also means that “replacing” a broken part becomes all the more easier! Here are the steps to disassemble it completely.

STEP-1: Remove the Topcap (#4)
STEP-2: Remove the Terminal Screws (#10 & 11)
STEP-3: Remove the Central Locking Screw (#14)
STEP-4: Pick up the Pos Plate and its Insulator (#12 & 13)
STEP-5: Pull out the Pos Pole [thru 510] (#7, 8 & 9)
STEP-6: Twist and Pull apart the Tank* (#6)

*both ways, Top & Bottom, separating the Deck
And reverse the process, obviously, for putting them back together. See pic below:

xrscw.jpg

Aligning the URBA's Logo to your Mod's Graphics:
Another cool feature of this atty is that you can rotate it's tank so that the logo lines up with that on your mod, if you want to. It's easy but can only be done before rebuilding it. B'coz, you need to unscrew the central screw so that the Pos Pole can be loosened and thus the tank can be rotated. The procedure is:

1. Attach the URBA to your mod
2. Mark the spot where you want the logo (with a pencil on the polished ring)
3. Unscrew the central screw
4. Rotate the tank
5. Tighten everything up again

Catchment and Non Leakage:
Now, the fill port of the URBA is sealable. Once you fill it – just rotate the Deck Ring and the fill port is shut off. Besides, that deck ring performs as a catchment well, with Reservoir Wick channel, so any condensation or overfill or over-wicking remains within the deck and is used right back for vaping. Genius you see!

Also, since the side airholes could be completely closed, even if you keep the atty sideways it won't leak. I have been keeping my mods & attys flat down on the table as a habit ~ so am doing with the URBA as well, without closing the AFC ~ No Issues! Pics in the Rebuilding section below:

*REBUILDING THE URBA*
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Full Setup Tutorial in the next post due to ECF 20 images Restriction
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

iylrls.jpg

VAPE SATISFACTION!

1nz9q9.jpg

MY PROS & CONS:
The Vaper URBA is an efficient atomizer. I am using mine for over one month now and I have nothing but good vibes for it. Our Beta Test units were good – yet we had certain recommendations, which were fully met by the modder - Petar K.

PROS:
1. Top notch quality Materials, Build, Fit & finish
2. Very Open Draw (but can be fine tuned for MTL too)
3. Great Vapor Production ~ but Fantastic Flavor as well
4. Easy to rebuild
5. Easy to maintain
6. Comes also with PMMA tank as well as a Driptip
7. Does not leak
8. Looks superb!
9. Adjustable 510
10. It is different!

CONS:
1. Heavy. Feels rock solid tho
2. Tad warmer vape. Many folks may need a longer driptip (can be plonked over the stock DT)
3. Media Blasted. Prone to scratches (but we love our Vapers from Petar K b'coz of it's looks)
4. Wastage of wicking material. Just the coil area need replacing, the rest inside gets thrown out unnecessarily (but then cotton is pretty inexpensive anyway)
5. Aligning the Logo, Great! But cannot be done with a build on.

How the Retail Units will be than what we Tested:

2ufy7eo.jpg

CONCLUSION:
Overall, the URBA is an admirable atty. The tank holds enough juice to get you going for the day, while not being ostentatiously long. Wicking is flawless and flavor is high up there with all the great attys. It is perfect for both type of vapers ~ MTL as well as DLH ~ and can blow some clouds too! You can also drip on it as well if you prefer, like a RDA. Besides, I've used it over Temp. Control mods (with a Ni200 build) and it's connectivity was rock solid. As such, the URBA has my two thumbs up!

Thank you folks for going thru this review.
And Thank You Petar K for entrusting me with it.

Ps.: My Video Tutorial of the URBA will be uploaded soon!
______________________________________________________-
WHERE TO PURCHASE: www.vaporwall.com • Login
PRICE: $130, All inclusive Shipped
ETA: June 20, 2015
EMAIL: You can PM @petar k here on ECF itself

Last edited:

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
REBUILDING THE URBA

A) Single Coil Setup:
This will be the most common use of the URBA. And rebuilding it is pretty easy as well. Remember, the drill bit or screwdriver, or whatever you are using for wrapping your coil, can rest on the wick channel. That takes out 90% of your rebuilding worries! Whereafter, it's only a matter of trapping your coil legs and putting a wick thru it. Here's how to rebuild it:

15otqmw.jpg

STEP-1: Coil Preparation:

30aq2j8.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE & CAUTION: With this atty we need to wrap the coil “counter-clockwise”. We have to set it up with the coil head facing “down”, into the air channel. That is to say, the coil legs will be coming from “upwards” and get trapped under the terminal screws with the main coil facing downwards.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STEP-2: Coil Mounted:

iylrls.jpg

NOTE: 28AWG Nichrome, 7/8 wraps over a 3mm Screwdriver

STEP-3: Resistance Check & Test fired:

2j1sqrr.jpg

STEP-4: Wick Inserted:

2agugi0.jpg

STEP-5: Wick Trim:

2yllqpw.jpg

NOTE: First split the wick into two halves till approx. 0.5mm to the coil. Then cut one half off leaving about 10mm at each end of the coil (don't throw away the cutouts ~ you'll be needing them later).

STEP-6: Wick Tails Tucked Inside the Tank:

an0mxk.jpg

NOTE: Roll the wick tails and insert both ends into the Wick hole. You may use a poking tool (like a mini screwdriver) to push the wick tails down.

STEP-7: Attach the Deck Ring:

2iuvv55.jpg

STEP-8: Reservoir Wicks Placed:

2nq6wqw.jpg

NOTE: Now use the already cut out half of the main wick and tuck them along the sides of the Deck Ring as “reservoir wicks”.

STEP-9: Saturate the build and Tuck the Reservoir Wicks:

34noe3d.jpg

STEP-10: Top Wick ends Placed:

32zrf52.jpg

NOTE: Using a screwdriver gently bend the top wicks (which are 10mm each side) into an 'inverted U'.

STEP-11: Build Vapor Test:

2m85ra0.jpg

STEP-12: Fill the Tank:

1zds07q.jpg

STEP-13: Rotate the Deck Ring (Seal the Fill Port):

wtpnc.jpg

NOTE: Using your thumb nails over the cutout slightly rotate the Deck Ring to any side and the bottom plane of it seals off the fill port. For your next refil - redo the same thing - with your thumb nail bring back the cutout over the fill port. Simple! But effective!

STEP-14: Afix the Topcap & Adjust the AFC:

10pzm9v.jpg

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
B) URBA Dual Coil Setup:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCLAIMER: This setup is not recommended on the URBA. And is only fit for the more experienced vapers. Pls use extreme caution while sub-Ohming and know your Battery Safety and Ohm's Law.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STEP-1: Prepare One Long Coil and 'Split' it into Two:

2q8ue5d.jpg

NOTE: You insert two similar gauge drill bits or Screwdrivers into the opposing ends of the 'long coil' and bend it using both the screwdrivers right at the centre. This should give you an "U" in the middle between the [now] two coils.

STEP-2: Mount the Coils with the Centre attached to the Pos Pole:

m992wx.jpg

STEP-3: Trim the Coil Legs:

24wbs68.jpg

STEP-4: Coils Test Fired & Wicked:

25swinc.jpg

STEP-5: Resistance Check & Vapor Test:

2wq8h7t.jpg

Rest of the procedure (for Wicking and Filling) remain the same as in a Single Coil build.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Hey Q, nice write up/pictorial. Looks like a good atty.

Looks like you uploaded a pic of some tattoo ink by mistake, the “oil lamp” feeding system pic is missing.

Hi thanx.

Yes, my pic hosting site was acting up. It shows the correct image in the 'preview' pane - but loads up something altogether different while 'posting'. It happened once before as well. I have corrected it now :)

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
It wicks well without tilting or flipping it over? I had a Mirror for awhile and when I had my coils in the top, it didn't wick fast enough.

Can use other drip tips? I find wider tips uncomfortable.

It is beautiful and different :thumbs:

Ma'am, this driptip is unique! You can plonk another DT over it as well. The bore is such.
But yes, you can use your own driptip altogether as well :)

Reactions: roxynoodle

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
OMG Q! My bank account will hate you, but that looks awesome, novel and extremely interesting. My only gripe is the media blasted finish. Do you think there is any chance of them being produced in brushed SS?

Haha, like my unit is it? Well that finish is Petar K's signature ~ all his Vapers have been thus since 2009. Thus, I don't think he may accede to this 'on going' demand.

But one never knows! So, why don't you shoot him a PM on this too?

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
---Quote="@petar k"---------------------------
Since many of you asked - yes PRE-ORDER for The Vaper URBA is possible!
And it comes with 20$ discount. Which is $110 only for a full set. 20 units are available for pre-order (as of now).
---Unquote-------------------------------------

PROCEDURE:
1. Start a conversation here on ECF with @petar k
2. Refer this thread

You may also PM him thru FB: Petar Koren | Facebook

Last edited:

Kaoself

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
---Quote="@petar k"---------------------------
Since many of you asked - yes PRE-ORDER for The Vaper URBA is possible!
And it comes with 20$ discount. Which is $110 only for a full set. 20 units are available for pre-order (as of now).
---Unquote-------------------------------------

PROCEDURE:
1. Start a conversation here on ECF with @petar k
2. Refer this thread

You may also PM him thru FB: Petar Koren | Facebook

What's the difference between starting a conversation and PM ing?

Reactions: qorax

Kaoself

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Haha, like my unit is it? Well that finish is Petar K's signature ~ all his Vapers have been thus since 2009. Thus, I don't think he may accede to this 'on going' demand.

But one never knows! So, why don't you shoot him a PM on this too?

I wasn't expecting it, but it never hurts to ask.
I'm not particularly against the media blasted finish on this actually, as the SS rings and clear tank section break it up nicely and it will probably look good with a naval brass mod.
Those renderings of the production unit look great. I can't wait to start some 3D design subjects next semester, though I'm sure my work will look the equivalent of a beginners Illustrator vectors.

I'm going to have to buy some needle tip bottles though. Most of mine are glass droppers; and the rest are blunt tip.

Reactions: qorax
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread