Status
Not open for further replies.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Just for everyones info on the charger turning blue from red...don't pay too much attention to the charger...just look for the LED to turn off...the charging system control on most of the E-cigs are in the e-cig itself...so it's really not that important that the charger itself turns color....if you see the LED off on the battery....it's good to go....LoriK was right about not being too concerned about chargers turning colors...it's really not important....and thanks to you all for the valuable feedback...we do appreciate your taking the time to help us out...Cheers!! Bill

Maybe it is a splash guard, but try it w/out all that stuff. It vapes much better IMHO.

I have asked Bill for a specific reply to this issue. I will post it one time and then I hope we can put the cartomizer issue to rest. When I have the time to get my tech thread done I will be posting the details of carto specs and how they interact with the battery etc. Until then this is my official notice that I will no longer be responding to carto issues in this thread.

From my experience, LiIon batts need to go through a few cycles before they reach their full potential. I have noticed it get much better now on the third charge.
yes...what he said.....

I've received answers to all my posts with questions or problems. You are really good about that. When I posted about the juicy carts, the general consensus was that they were drawing on them too hard and sucking juice into the hole. So they have been drawing really slow. One of the girls really loves the SS but switched to an old 510. I'm pretty sure she switch back now that I know about blowing on the thread end. BTW if one blows too hard, is there a possibility that they will blow juice through the fiber up into the top of the carto?

ah...that is the point....to let the extra juice drip out of the carto...on to a tissue or papertowel.

re: the numbers. No numbers anywhere. I ordered Regular Low Black. I pulled out a regular medium from a different order and they have numbers. But this order that gave me a numb tongue... no numbers at all. I looked at an older carto that has also had some juice problems. Number is J052ms Another new one out of another box is S293H. So I can find the numbers but the batch of Black ones that I ordered with the PitBull do not have any numbers.
I will pass this on to Bill...thank you.

I know what you mean about autos. I have one auto without a cutoff. I think it's the cutoff I don't like. If it didn't have a cutoff so I could decide how long my puff would be I would probably like autos okay. That and the going off in your pocket thing. The Pitbull doesn't seem to have that problem though.

THE AUTO SWITCH>>>>>this is the answer to ALL questions about the draw.....

what most of you people are used to using is a battery with a microphone switch. This switch uses sound to activate the battery. They are cheap....that is why other batteries are cheaper than ours. OUR battery uses a vacuum switch....it responds to the force of air coming into the battery from the tip where the LED light is. The PB is longer....therefore YES it will require slightly more suction to move the air the greater distance making the draw a little tighter or harder than our shorter batteries. This is also why you can not accidentlly activate our batteries....and why other batteries are set off by wind,loud noises etc.

I am really trying to figure this out.... I am comparing the PB to the Pink SS, the Hendu & a V4L 808 Reg. length battery (808.. I still have to do a side by side on....).... I am really preferring the PB to the hendu & pink SS... the draw, the cut-off time & the vapor.. Not saying that there is anything wrong with the Hendu or the Pink SS... I really like them both... Just saying that if the 3 are in front me ... I would most likely grab the PB 1st. It most likely has to do with the cut off time...

There is no difference between the PB and any other SS battery...same switch...same instructions on the IC chip....the only difference is the length which like I explained above will effect the draw. I am thinking it is an illusion related to this that is making people think they have a different cutoff time or have a different switch than the Hendu. I also think....but will ask Bill to be sure....that the extra length and airflow is what is effecting the carto performance some of you are noticing.

Maybe .. humm.. I think that it really compares more to the 808 that I am using to compare. In my opinion.. Bill you are onto something here with the PB & would suggest (lol... my humble opinion obviously) that you look into the manufacturing of this more.. I know that I would keep coming back for more!!! I know personally, I would love to see a manual version offered as well.

I quote my Liege...."that will never happen....ever". Manual switches are a PITA...period. And our regular customers would never buy them. As for "looking in to the manufacturing...." I can almost hear Bill laughing now.....yes Raven....he is looking in to it. :) Thanks to you people in part he has already made several changes to address the issues you have identified. The second production run will be different from this one. Before you ask...no....I dont know what his plans are for testing the updated PB's or if he even will. You'll be the first to know once I know....

Obviously, I need more time to really give honest, side by side comparisons but I am so far... really liking the PB.

again...to quote my Liege...."try to get them to compare apples to apples"
This is why we are offering you the $15 deal on colored bejeweled batteries....stay tuned.

Side Note - The orange LED stays lit while charging, but then suddenly turns off out of nowhere while still being charged. Also, I like these cartos, but they don't have any flavor (Tobacco medium). Throat hit doesn't really exist, but it is a nice smooth and mellow draw. I think LR atomizers built my TH tolerance up a built.

now I'm laughing....no offense....yea....LR attys will do that....again....our cartos are geared towards you average person who has never even used an e-cig before....

I ordered one box of cartos - regular, high - so had five carts. The first had the little filter paper circle right under the mouth tip - on top of the two rings. Second cart had the little filter between the rings. Third cart had no filter and the center straw up between the two rings. All three of the first ones have a sticky kind of adhesive residue around the bottom just above the threads. As I ordered the Hendu carts, I'm assuming that these at one time had another color wrapped on it.
dont assume anything....that is not correct. It wouldnt make any sense business wise to put on a sticker and then take it off. I want you to send those back to me personally...because I can't imagine what your talking about. If you dont mind that is...after you have used them is fine. I just need to see this for myself. I will replace them for you.

A question about the carto filler...mine fills a little more than half the carto. Is this normal? I've noticed people getting a huge number of drops in when they refill...any more than 12 or so and it's running out the bottom. I know we're battery testing here but inquiring minds....
now I am laughing!!!!! because my initial response was going to be...yea...and those are the people who will be calling me crying because their battery stopped working. Then I kept reading....and see that that is exactly what happened.

OK, on that note. This is most likely a PCC issue, but when I charged the PB w/ a "Smoking Anywhere" PCC, the LED never shut off, but the PCC turned green. IS the charger sending a signal to the PB to shut off the LED? Or is the PCC bunk(I only paid $5, so it won't hurt my feelings if it is).
If I understand Bill's answers correctly the answer is no....the charger does not send a signal to the battery. The IC chip in the battery is what gives the control. So yes....it's probably the PCC....for $5 you got what you paid for. And that is the reason we dont sell one....I know it is something Bill is working on.....but he isn't going to offer one until he is sure it will be of sufficient quality.

Last edited:

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
well I figured I had plenty of time to work up a list for ya'll since it seems to be taking FOREVER for your packages to get to you....based on the posts I am seeing sprinkled throughout the forum....

I am counting on peer pressure to put a stop to this.....:banana:

Tib....good question and yes....I really will be posting a very short list of things we are interested in.....right after I finish researching tracking numbers for packages that were mailed YESTERDAY.

okay....this thread is where I would really like to see all questions,concerns,comments anything having to do with the Pitbull. For one thing I need a place where Bill can come see relevant information about the Pitbull without having to wade through pages of social stuff. And YOU all need the same thing.....so please try and keep this one thread all business. I will adhere to my own request as well.

Puffcount....this is a major piece of information we are looking for. It is the true benchmark of how long a product lasts. How many puffs do you get out of each charge cycle? I know how much self control this one takes trust me.....I've tried to do it myself....and not very succesfully . But even just a rough estimate based on your awareness of what your doing is going to be valuable...even if you dont keep an exact count.

Cartomizer performance....do the cartos seem to last longer or not? How is the vapor production compared to our regular batteries. Or compared to what ever else your using. (please specify)

And then just anything you notice or feel is worth commenting on. Any information you want to give will be valuable. Of course if you have problems we want to know about that. What we would greatly appreciate is that if you really think you have a battery that is defective in any way that you call me on the phone so I can get detailed info and run through some simple diagnostic questions. It's much faster and more accurate than posting.

Thank you everyone in advance for taking the time to help us!

Last edited:

basementcat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
sierra nevada foothills, ca
Starting my puff count now, after the first 5 i would say vapor production is a little less than then a standard 510 carto(boge) on my riva bat and considerably less than the e2 ceramic carto i normally use.

P.S. i am using a tap counter on my iphone 4 to keep as accurate puff count as i can.

11 puffs in and now im seeing decent vapor. I would say the draw is A LOT lighter than my riva with cartos.

Last edited:

laurieok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2009
Ohio
I am comparing the Pitbull to the Hendu. The first thing I noticed is the pitbull is about 1/2 inch longer than the Hendu. I can't find my ruler, so thats my best guess. The Pitbull, as with the Hendu, both feel good in the hand. When puffing the Pitbull, I do notice more vapor than with the Hendu. I don't know if it is because I have a menthol carto on my Pit and a regular tobacco one on my Hendu...I will switch off and see if that is the case. No, just switched it and it is the carto, not the battery. As an aside...I don't know if we are suppose to talk about the cartos or not, but I really like the taste of both the tobacco and the menthol. My only wish is that you had a higher nic menthol. 12mg just doesn't do it for me. Just saying. More later after I have used it awhile.......

HyOnLyph

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
repost from other Pitbull thread.

Just arrived. Unwrapping it as we speak...

edit: Looks very cool. I like the length and the crystal. The graphics are a little faint in the house but really POP outside. (of course, I don't have my glasses on right now. Guess I shoulda done that.) OK looks better with my glasses on. Now it REALLY POPS in the sunlight.

I'll post the ladies remarks as soon asap.

basementcat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
.I don't know if we are suppose to talk about the cartos or not, but I really like the taste of both the tobacco and the menthol. My only wish is that you had a higher nic menthol. 12mg just doesn't do it for me. Just saying. More later after I have used it awhile.......

Im not too fond of the tobacco full flavor. Then again im not too fond of any tobbacco flavored juice, although this one is the most tolerable ive found so far. Whats the ruling on using your own juice after i empty this first carto (from use i mean)? Is this within the standards of testing or purely only using SS cartos without adding anything?

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
Well, for a "standard" ecig battery, I'd give it an A+ for appearance. The etching is pretty nice, and the orange gem-cut LED cover is pretty cool, as well as not annoyingly bright.

For the first charge, I didn't count puffs. I just vaped on it like I normally would while sitting in front of the computer surfing the ECF... like a freight train. I am an extremely heavy vaper, batteries that would last a normal person two to four hours only last me about an hour, if that. In this case, the first charge on the PitBull lasted me for an hour and twenty minutes, which is not too bad. The carto lasted me the exact same amount of time before tasting like it needed a refill. I will count puffs for my second charge.

Recharging: It's very slow with the USB charger. I'm at two hours and 20 minutes right now, and it is still not fully charged. I'm sure a wall charger would charge faster.

The tobacco cartos I got were interesting. They don't taste anything like any other tobacco I have tried, but that's not a bad thing. I'm not much of a fan of tobacco flavors. This flavor was actually kind of pleasant.

Update: Charging took 2.5 hours.

Last edited:

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Vaping mine now, like AnustATAT I too vape like a freight train, for a regular size E=-cig these little guys are very good, it has a nice light airy draw on them that matches up extremely well with the batt and Carto combination. Vapor production is also very good on these Cartos. only thing I would like to see so far is a stronger carto since I vape 26-30mg most of the time I would suggest making a menthol 24mg as well as all cartos in a 24mg option, other then that this is a great little unit in my opinion, I will have to get back with puff count and times on the batt charge

I have to agree ... I ordered the tobacco flavor over the menthol this time & I really think I like this tobacco flavor .. FYI.. I don't generally like tobacco flavors.

Anyways... back to the Pitbull... I really prefer the length to this battery compared to the "normal length" SS battery. If anyone knows me... you all would know that I LOVE a CZ jewel instead of a plastic ashcap!!!! ... I did not keep a puff count this time... sorry a bit anxious I guess, next time I will.

The cut off time seems to be longer as well than the shorter SS models. Well at least I found it to be. I really prefer the longer cut off time. I feel that I am getting more vapor & TH from the Pitbull than that of the "Pink" SS ( that is the battery I am comparing at the moment; I will compare it to others at a different time). I will keep changing back & forth to see the consistency & comparison.

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
Anyone else finding it very difficult to keep a puff count going?

*puff* *puff* *puff* *puff* *puff* *puff* *puff* *puff* *puff* *puff*
*telephone call*
"Crap... where was I???" :blink:
*puff* *puff* *puff* *puff* *puff* *puff* *puff* *puff*
*forum member emergency*
"Dammit.... ok, I'll estimate where I am..." :glare:
*puff* *puff* *puff* *puff* *puff* *puff* *puff* *puff* *puff* *puff* *puff* *puff* *puff* *puff*
*kids get home from school*
"Argh! Ok... I think I was somewhere around 30 or so...." :-x
*puff* *puff* *puff* *puff* *puff* *puff* *puff* *puff*
*Horse escapes out of the pasture*
"Son of a.... fine, I'll try again next time." :facepalm:

basementcat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
photo.jpg

Pics of it next to my riva
also anyone know if an iphone usb wall charger would work? or the usb charger i have for my riva? just wondering. dont wanna have my comp open all the time to charge it. thanx.

Last edited:

susie22321

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
St. Clair Shores, MI
www.smokestik.com
It's a beautiful thang! And I am unanimous in that! It's charging in anticipation of using it when we go to dinner.

Removing the white wrapper turns into an awesome looking PIT! Hopefully LK, when she has time, will give us details on what she and Bill would like to hear about.

Taking it to dinner and will be posting reviews!

LK, Bill, SS, thank you...and you rock!

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Riva charger will not work different threads, also you shouldn't use the port on your computer your risking possibly damaging your computer by using it to charge Batts, buy an AC-USB wall adapter charger or even two of them one for each they can be use for either charger to plug into and work great, they also sell them in multiple port AC-USB adapter chargers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread