Not open for further replies.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
i'll take it if he don't want it...and i still haven't come up with a decent answer when people thank me for my service. "You're welcome" seems almost condescending to me, and after everything the Army drilled into me about selfless service, i can't help but to be humble about it.

Thank you for your service.

You don't have to say anything.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
i'll take it if he don't want it...and i still haven't come up with a decent answer when people thank me for my service. "You're welcome" seems almost condescending to me, and after everything the Army drilled into me about selfless service, i can't help but to be humble about it.

What's wrong with a simple..."thank you....I am honored to do it".........because I assure you.....we are honored that you are doing it.

but.....what the bird said......you have already said all there is to say......actions speak volumes

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
Aww. I recently put mine away. Saving it for special occasions only.

Although this belongs more on the "Beta-test withdrawal" thread, that's what I intend to do as well... :2cool:
I have already ordered a 510 mega batt (stainless) although they only had it in manual, and my only 510 auto batt was dying, so another is coming to the rescue... I would've gotten pink if they had it!! LOL!! I have seen them out there, so maybe next time...
I also got a free 30ml bottle of juice with one of my orders, and their VG Menthol turned out to be very similar to the one in the SS cartos!!

fibber...tell these nice people the truth. Michigan in fact only has two seasons...winter and road construction.

I was born here in CA (Santa Monica, to be exact) but lived outside of Detroit for about 4 yrs. when I was a kid, and I only remember 2 seasons as well... Hot and Cold!! Although the Fall colors were pretty, something we don't see out here, and I wasn't the one having to rake the leaves... LOL!!
We lived really close to the Vernor's bottling plant and I still love the stuff!! (just don't call it "ginger ale", them's fightin' words - ha!!) Only glass bottles will do and they're getting harder to find out here... only come in 4-packs now, but I got a few in the fridge as I speak!! :2cool:

HyOnLyph

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Just a little bit of an update... I recently received a new 520 (extended 510) battery as a gift. Already had new 510 atty and cart. When I compared the 520 against the PitBull. Apples to Apples.... no comparison. The PitBull beat it hands down for amount of vapor and flavor. And of course, ease of use made it wayyyy over the top.

Last edited:

susie22321

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
St. Clair Shores, MI
www.smokestik.com
not being a native to Michigan, i still can't figure out ya'll's fixation on Vernors. to me, the only thing worse than a Vernors is Faygo's Rock n Rye.

Ouch, Red! Michigan loves Vernors! For drinking, as a mixer for vodka and whiskey and for cooking, it can't be beat!

HyOnLyph

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Heh here on the west coast faygo is Shasta. The bottling plant is in the same city I live in. Never heard of rock n rye.

Rock n Rye.... haven't heard of that for years. A fruit based rye whiskey that actually came with fruit in the bottle .... I used to put that on the kids gums when they were teething. (No, neither one is an alcoholic.) It numbed their gums and they liked the fruity taste. And after about 200 applications they slept really well. hehehe.

I think it's still available - Mr Boston's Rock and Rye. (not to be mistaken for the drink made with rock candy and rye whiskey.)

Last edited:

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
getting back on topic

all testers using both hendu and pitbull batteries please respond

i rotate 2 hendus and 1 pitbull pretty evenly throughout the day. just a few days ago i noticed a drastic drop-off in the pitbull. the hendus are now winning hands-down. anybody else had a similar experience?

spacekitty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
getting back on topic

all testers using both hendu and pitbull batteries please respond

i rotate 2 hendus and 1 pitbull pretty evenly throughout the day. just a few days ago i noticed a drastic drop-off in the pitbull. the hendus are now winning hands-down. anybody else had a similar experience?

I don't have a Hendu, but I do have a Pink SS batt... although I had noticed a drop in performance on the PB even before the test had finished (but I guess it's still an on-going thing...)

Now the cut-off time is down to 4 sec. and the vapor seems to start to diminish after about 80 puffs (yes, I have started another puff count!!). I tend to overfill things and didn't want to do it to the SS cartos, so I probably put it on the charger before it needs to go. Now I am checking with the Pink batt to see if it's the carto or the PB, and the cartos seem to still work fine on the other batt... I will post my conclusions later.

And just when I was going to retire them... :unsure:

spacekitty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
It's too late to edit my previous post... But on the last puff count I took, the vapor started to drop off after only 95 puffs, and then I nursed it for another 20... topped off the carto, got another 15 meager puffs and finally gave up!!

So altogether it was a painstaking 130 puffs... :smokie:

My poor little puppy is now resting quietly with my Pink SS batt, and they will only be taken out on the town for special occasions... :wub:

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Dunno. Mines been safely stored so I can't help. Sorry.

basementcat....how did you pull that one off? New avatar I get....but new username? when my husband joined the forum using my PC they came down on me like a brick building in an earthquake.....for have two registered users coming off the same IP address.....not like I care mind you......just wondering. :) Love the new avatar btw...

ok kids...I'm closing this thread. But first.....a word about lithium ion batteries just in case you missed the big sticky thread............

Lithium ion batteries start to degrade the moment they are made....this is NORMAL.....this is expected.....this is the nature of our chemical universe.

ALL Lithium ion batteries have a finite life span......that life span is measured in charge cycles and not linear time. The more you charge it the faster it will degrade. IE: A camera battery may well last several years if your like me and it just sits on the autocharger and rarely gets used. An ecig battery being charged 3 times a day will last approx 100 days.....or......3months. PERIOD....it isnt defective......

Degrade means that over time you will get less and less puffs off of it. Even the PB is a relatively little guy in the sceme of things.....250mah just isnt going to stand up to the abuse I know for a fact most ECF members dish out.......while frieght train vaping and using an ecig as a pacifier may not be technically "abuse"......it's pushing it :) Why do you think Mrlorikay13 doesnt get to actually USE a PB.....he wears his ecig around his neck like a baby with a binky....its disgusting....but nevermind......back to the subject.....

SO the point is.....even if your rotating them and you are truely just charging them once, maybe twice a day.......it is normal and expected that by now you will see a noticable drop off in number of puff counts because you have used up 1/3 of it's lifespan or more already. Perhaps our tech guy will jump in with some math ......like what is the actual percentage of drop off you can expect to see at any given moment. But you get the point I am sure :)

Now.....one more comment.......there will be NO MORE exchanges for "dead puppies".....why are ask? Because it has come to my attention that several people have PIF'd out or traded their PB's in the classifieds. And if your one of the people that received a PB as an item in a trade...dont even TRY to get warranty service on it......I do know who everyone is. How fortuitous that the new PB's will have a different color CZ in them.:evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread