Status
Not open for further replies.

FinallyQuit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2011
SC
:lol: In the spirit of misery loves company! ;)

Today I used TFA Pumpkin Spice for the first time ever. Another member had given me this 30ml bottle because it was stinking up the whole house, which should have been my first clue, but I am brave. So I researched it and discovered many many people stating it was strong, to use it sparingly, no more than 2%, etc. etc.

So I mixed up some of my latest coffee extract, added some vanilla and sweetener, mmmm tastes pretty good. Added 1% pumpkin spice {that's 0.1 ml in a 10 ml bottle} and now I'm vaping something that is well on it's way to being a clove cigarette.

It's not horrible but it's not coffee anymore. It's going in the "idea" folder and back to the drawing board on the coffee.

Please share!

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
TFA Chai Tea. I used 2% with some other stuff, bav. cream and what-not and it still was :blink:
ack.gif
sick2.gif

I've pretty much come to the conclusion that I like to drink tea, not vape it.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
VZ SC strawberry. Used 2.5 % as recommended and it tasted over powering and like candy. No matter how much I diluted it I could not get it to taste right. Then mixed a little VZ sc peach and it got even more discussing. Then thought maybe add a little creaminess to it so added some vz sc cream and what I wound up with was a strawberry peach cream candy from hell. Haven't touched it since.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
well if you want to dilute the flavor by 25% add 2.5ml in half add 5 ml's pg. If you want to dilute by 75% add 7.5ml. But I would rather just add less flavor to my mix then dilute the entire concentrated flavor because some recipes may require more flavor and some less.

The only exception is if your already using 1% or .5% and its still to strong and it's now getting difficult to measure an accurate small amount. Then I would just dilute a small amount of the concentrate like 1ml concentrate to .25ml (25%), .5ml (50%) or .75ml (75%) PG.

Last edited:

SonHouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2013
Seminole
I would run away from that. I had a pumpkin spice from ..........s a while back that tasted like what you're describing. I'd drive to the next county, crack the bottle and that should flavor your mix enough. Disasters? I always have several in the offing. The one that's annoying me tonight is I had a perfectly good smooth tobacco mix from VaporShots going. Genius over here decided to put brown sugar in it. Only a couple % but now it's become cloying and vaguely disgusting. Then there are my recent experiments with the TFA cherries. Not the stuff of legends! And we could discuss my coffee extracts which were merely sub-optimal until I decided to combine them with my TFA cherry experiments. I went back to single fruit flavor and sweet cream mixes this weekend just because I couldn't muck those up! :D

NeMom

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2012
Midwest
I just started DIYing about a month ago and have had many epic failures that have gone down the drain because I just can't vape them. Strawberry/Banana; Cherry anything; Raspberry lemonade; cappuccino (which I will never try making again). My problem is I added way too much flavoring to get them to taste right and then just ended up with a chemical taste and totally unvapeable.
I did make a watermelon menthol in a small batch that was awesome. Tried a larger batch and WAYY to much menthol. Didn't ditch that batch but is only used in small amounts as a additive.
Now my problem is I am trying to many combinations and I need to focus on mastering a couple flavors I really like and the move on from there.
It's all a learning process.

stealthmayhem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2013
Dover, Delaware, United States
I decided to make a peaches -N- Cream liquid. .5 ml of Lorann's Peach, .5 ml of Lorann's Sweet Cream, .5ml of EM to a 15ml bottle. I almost puked. The peach was waaaaaaaay too strong, and I like strong flavors. I diluted it again with 15 more ml of unflavored. Barely vapable. another 20ml of unflavored. Now I can handle it, but all I taste is peaches. .5ml in a 50ml bottle! That is only 1%.

michaelsil1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Los Angeles
DJI Sam Soe, clove flavor... was just horrid to me. I don't know why I even wanted to try it because typically I do not like clove... but I did anyway and MEH. Disgusting.
Besides that, mixing Hangsen Cola w/ a little Hangsen Vanilla was pretty gross. I don't think I like Hangsen Vanilla.

Vanilla Coke should have worked! :drool:

Mine was bad as well. :cry:

I just made some TFA Caramel Candy Peanut Butter for someone (by request). :facepalm:

I don't expect it to be a winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread