Not open for further replies.

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
And it leaks like a .... in my case (tobeco). I don't fault Tobeco for the leaking I believe it is the overall design. Could be my wicking method but that is only masking the root problem IMO.

It vapes like a frickin' champ, but my OCD doesn't like juice on the fingers. If I wanted to wash my hands every time I took a vape I'd go back to smoking. (well not really :))

Ha ha soooo true. The leaking drives me nuts! I've heard of the Tobeco doing it as well. It's getting to the point where I am going to revamp/engineer a wicking method to stop it. Currently, my OCD has me holding my mod completely vertical at all times and I look so silly when trying to Vape lol.

Last edited:

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
I must be doing something wrong, I haven't had mine leak at all.

I don't think it has anything to do with you doing anything. Mine just leaks it unless it's completely vertical.

I'm with ya.

Maybe you just got a not as messed up Acerig clone. Mine leaks through the 'back of coil' airflow even with the cotton hardly saturated.

You guys are lucky!

Last edited:

atroph

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Chesapeake, VA
I don't think it has anything to do with you doing anything. Mine just leaks it unless it's completely vertical.

Maybe you just got a not as messed up Acerig clone. Mine leaks through the 'back of coil' airflow even with the cotton hardly saturated.

You guys are lucky!

Must be the builds. I get leaks out the bottom holes and sometimes out the main air channels when I turn the head to change my airflow. I have some experimenting to do in the future and I'll see if I can get this one nailed down and leak free. Worst case I'll stick a toothpick in the bottom holes and snap them off flush. I don't like the fact that is has to set vertical most of the time as I usually set my round mod down because it is top heavy. I have a box mod on the way so that may help some. I have a patriot clone and it is great no leak wise, but just doesn't vape as well as the PV (by a long shot IMO).

desrever

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
La La Land
You're bound to get leaking out of the airholes if you're overdripping. I did get leaking at first because I'm so used to drippers with wells. It's definitely better if you just saturate your wicks without pooling liquid. More wicking material in an iTeo style wick may help with leaking. I've flipped the top cap to block the negative post holes but that does leave you with a mostly open airholes. I'm not convinced those holes do much for flavor. Definitely more prone to leaking there since it's at the bottom of the deck.

Last edited:

atroph

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Chesapeake, VA
^^ Agreed.

Anyone notice a big difference with the insulator screwed down into the unit to allow airflow in from the tippy top holes? I wrapped my threads on the insulator in dental floss and that made it so it was not loose and wobbly when I allow air in the unit from the top. Honestly IMO it didn't make a difference to me, but I am vaping at low power right now and may need the additional air once I up the watts.

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
You're bound to get leaking out of the airholes if you overdripping. I did get leaking at first because I'm so used to drippers with wells. It's definitely better if you just saturate your wicks without pooling liquid. More wicking material in an iTeo style wick may help with leaking. I've flipped the top cap to block the negative post holes but that does leave you with a mostly open airholes. I'm not convinced those holes do much for flavor. Definitely more prone to leaking there since it's at the bottom of the deck.

That's the thing though, it leaks regardless of pooling juice (obviously) or only saturating the wick. (*Per my last post*) I've tried everything short of just plugging the holes. However, I haven't flipped the cap... Doesn't that pull the coil air holes above the coils?

Edit: Just flipped it, doesn't change the air hole position relative to the coil much. It does restrict airflow noticeably (to me at least). Now to see if it still leaks...

I like it so far, thank you desrever.

Last edited:

atroph

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Chesapeake, VA
There are miniscule holes opened up with the barrel flipped (it corresponds with the opening in the top cap), and on my unit the main air hole is slightly below where is was in normal mode. It is almost directly in line with the bottom portion of the deck lip.

I'd say in general it won't make a huge difference with the tiny bit of airflow above the coils from the three holes. I'll give it a shot when my box gets here tomorrow.

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
There are miniscule holes opened up with the barrel flipped (it corresponds with the opening in the top cap), and on my unit the main air hole is slightly below where is was in normal mode. It is almost directly in line with the bottom portion of the deck lip.

I'd say in general it won't make a huge difference with the tiny bit of airflow above the coils from the three holes. I'll give it a shot when my box gets here tomorrow.

It's actually really nice! I didn't have the top holes (near drip tip) opened, but with those open, it's pretty much the same air flow! I also just filled the entire well (I never do that) with juice and held it at ~50º from vertical and no leakage! Hallelujah!

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Glad it worked. That's how I'm using mine. My PV has a wickless coil for liquid tasting so it's just a pool of liquid in the deck with that build. Leak-city with those holes open.

Yessir, thanks again! A wickless coil huh? I've never thought about that! I always change the wick for tasting each of my DIY flavors. Does it work well?

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Yessir, thanks again! A wickless coil huh? I've never thought about that! I always change the wick for tasting each of my DIY flavors. Does it work well?

I use several flavors each night and never change my wicks. Drip, drip, drip. Toot, toot ... BAM! Flavor change.

Although one time I had a helluva time getting rid of the melon flavor from SB's Madrina. So far, that's the only juice I have that stays with the wicks for a long time after dripping other juices. No matter as I didn't like the flavor of Madrina anyway and won't be dripping it in there anymore.

I guess I should state that I use rayon and it doesn't soak up the juice like cotton does so I am sure that's why it changes flavor so fast for me. YMMV

desrever

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
La La Land
I use several flavors each night and never change my wicks. Drip, drip, drip. Toot, toot ... BAM! Flavor change.

Although one time I had a helluva time getting rid of the melon flavor from SB's Madrina. So far, that's the only juice I have that stays with the wicks for a long time after dripping other juices. No matter as I didn't like the flavor of Madrina anyway and won't be dripping it in there anymore.

I guess I should state that I use rayon and it doesn't soak up the juice like cotton does so I am sure that's why it changes flavor so fast for me. YMMV

Yeah I've been playing with rayon and it doesn't retain flavors like cotton. Another win for rayon. Funny you mentioned Madrina, I was addicted to it shortly and you're right, it sticks to wicks for a long time and even gunked them up pretty quickly for me. Really thick sugary juice I suppose. Glad I got sick of it.

Yeah it works fairly well. I take it to shops or when I get new juices. Here's a good tutorial:
http://youtu.be/TRtuorg0TQo

I build mine with higher gauge to get the resistance higher.

Last edited:

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Just ordered one of these.

EHPro Plume Veil

I will never buy another tobeco product, eh pro fo life!

That one looks really nice and EHPro always makes great products. At least the ones I've purchased.

Just add 'Acerig' to the never buy list and you will be set. That's the one everyone has had trouble with and what this thread is about. I've heard the Tobeco is a little better but still has it's problems. :/

atroph

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Chesapeake, VA
Thanks for the tips guys on flipping the barrel. I was able to carry around my mod in my pocket with no leaks. When I got home I flipped the barrel around and went wide open to relax. Boy is this thing airy! It sure is a producer though. Using it at 16W with a parallel 30ga wrap tapping in at 1.2 ohms. This vape in "single coil mode" is superb! I must be suffering from new mod happiness as the IPV2 is my first mod that can fire this thing decently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread