Status
Not open for further replies.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
I had the exact amount on PayPal and eBay that it took to get an acerig 1...so I went for it.

I've only seen the blank/vume bell version of 1.5 preorders and groups... are they going to put the "complex shape" on any of the 1.5's? I guess I can look into getting one done for it... with a nice bolt on the back..and no aethertech made in us bs.. even better.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that likes the logo/which I didn't know had a name..but I guess it's a 3d shape? Google could save time.. but whatever, a catalyst forever I am.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Sorry for back to back... just thought of this. I don't watch videos. I feel like I lose a piece of my soul listening to people like rip..

The center post rotates 90degrees? So easy/worth it to build a non-vertical dragon/cartomizer style coil in it? In my head, it would seem you wouldn't have that long leg like with a kayfun.

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
If I see a Plume Veil by Infinite I'll let you know.

Sure hope it's better than this...

Would you just look at that fine craftsmanship on an authentic $115 Plume Veil? Come on Aether Tech!

pvbuild5.jpg

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...veil-build-w-rayon-perhaps-tutorial-some.html

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Sorry to see that Jax, I hope you talk to the vendor you bought it from.

I tried. I went to their webpage, clicked on the "Contact Us" link and received a 404 error. Really? :facepalm:

Mentioned I'd like to contact them in one of my posts and received a supposed working email addy for them (info@aethertech.com). Emailed 'em a day or two ago and have heard nothing. Sent them that same exact picture too. One would think that they would be more responsive to a customer paying full price for their product. Hrrmph!

I love the product save for the ....ty craftsmanship and those stupid neg post holes that I can't bypass. Ah well.

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Here is my build and pics. Enjoy!!!!

Plumeveil - Imgur

Awesome build! Awesome Pix!

RcjHo1b.jpg

Although, I despise that air hole! I swear, it is the bane of my existence. It directs air into the center posi post which redirects air and screws up my wicks.

Great idea. Poorly implemented IMO.

G-weezy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Minneapolis
Awesome build! Awesome Pix!

RcjHo1b.jpg

Although, I despise that air hole! I swear, it is the bane of my existence. It directs air into the center posi post which redirects air and screws up my wicks.

Great idea. Poorly implemented IMO.

Thanks bro. But when you wick don't fill the deck with cotton. I use a long piece of cotton but I trim enough just so the ends dip into the deck letting air get into the coil between the wick. Hope that made sense. Wish I can take a micro pic up close. But all I have is my iPhone taking pics. I know you have the Authentic one but FT has one that looks pretty damn good. Might have to pick up another.

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Doesn't really show all my mods there. Tried to get a family photo in. Lol. Thanks bro. It's my zen table. Magnetic pad catches all my kanthal being cut. Lol.

Thats a great idea! Magnetic pad... I have so many little scraps of kanthal in my bed and one is always sure to find me while I'm sleeping and jab me in the neck. Ahhhhh!

Since we're on the topic of Plume Veil builds, here's mine from about five minutes ago. Dual coil (parallel) 24 gauge kanthal wrapped 7 times around a 1.5mm post registering at 0.22 Ω. It's a little lower than usual (0.24 Ω). Maybe it will work it's way up there. This is the lowest I feel comfortable going even with my VCT5's. A couple of the photo's I was playing around with the amazing magnets on the Manhattan clone I just got lol. It's awesome. Wrote a review just in case anyone is interested: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...90377-vaperoyalty-manhattan-clone-review.html

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

So bottom line is authentic does not always mean quality. I was interested in this but I for sure will buy a clone if I even bother.

That's what it seems like but overall, I'm sure his authentic is a much much better quality than the clones this thread is about.

Last edited:

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Thanks bro. But when you wick don't fill the deck with cotton. I use a long piece of cotton but I trim enough just so the ends dip into the deck letting air get into the coil between the wick. Hope that made sense. Wish I can take a micro pic up close. But all I have is my iPhone taking pics. I know you have the Authentic one but FT has one that looks pretty damn good. Might have to pick up another.

Well, you saw my rayon build in the other thread and I did kind of load up the deck. But it is working pretty damn good for me that way. I just wish that AT would have routed those holes towards the back of the coils vs. towards the posi post.

If they don't reply back just take that positive post out and give it a light sand to get those burrs out. What I also did with the drip tip was counter bore the top so juice flows back down and countersunk the bottom for a funnel look. Helped a lot with them juices in the drip tip.

Since this is the 3rd day of the work week and they haven't replied yet, I definitely don't expect them to now.

I'm not sure how I am going to tackle cleaning those post holes up just yet. Since, it is plating, I'm afraid I'll end up doing more damage than good. We'll see.

So bottom line is authentic does not always mean quality. I was interested in this but I for sure will buy a clone if I even bother.

That's what it seems like but overall, I'm sure his authentic is a much much better quality than the clones this thread is about.

The quality is definitely there. The craftsmanship however, was somewhat lacking.

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
Well, you saw my rayon build in the other thread and I did kind of load up the deck. But it is working pretty damn good for me that way. I just wish that AT would have routed those holes towards the back of the coils vs. towards the posi post.

I filled my PV with similar amounts of wick when i first started experimenting with it. I've since found that a small wick only around each coil works best for me in terms of performance and also leaking out that stupid deck hole lol. I'd post a pic but i'm at work and don't bring my toys. Something like this but less towards the center post and more under the coil... Two Strands of Twisted 24ga - Imgur

I find those deck holes do indeed make a difference vs when i was "stuffing the deck" with wick.

Last edited:

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
I filled my PV with similar amounts of wick when i first started experimenting with it. I've since found that a small wick only around each coil works best for me in terms of performance and also leaking out that stupid deck hole lol. I'd post a pic but i'm at work and don't bring my toys. Something like this but less towards the center post and more under the coil... Two Strands of Twisted 24ga - Imgur

I find those deck holes do indeed make a difference vs when i was "stuffing the deck" with wick.

It was my first build with rayon on this RDA so I'm still learning. I'll experiment with less the next time I re-wick it.

I used a little less in my Magma and it is ready to be re-wicked today. I think I am going to angle cut the ends of the wicks to see how that performs.

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
It was my first build with rayon on this RDA so I'm still learning. I'll experiment with less the next time I re-wick it.

I used a little less in my Magma and it is ready to be re-wicked today. I think I am going to angle cut the ends of the wicks to see how that performs.

I switched back from Rayon but you can keep a lot of rayon in the coil (you'll need that vs cotton) but just keep short tails and try tucking them just right around the coil. Works best for me anyway.

As far as Magma builds go i've stumbled on what i think is the perfect wicking build. Something i've been calling "cotton straws". When using Japanese organic cotton pads like Labo (my new fav), Koh Gen Do or Muj you'll find a super thin "skin" or outer most top and bottom layers on each pad that are a bit more compressed than the fluffy interior. I've been peeling those more parallel-aligned layers off and saving them for my magma.

Taking a thin cut/strip (wider than what you'd normally cut off for a full fluffy wick) of the "skin" and rolling it gently forms almost a mini "straw" wick with an almost hollow center. Using a "cotton straw" trailed out both ends of the coil into the Magma's juice well... INSANE! It really wicks better than anything else. It's a little tricky at first but it works like a champ.

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Yeah, I saw where you were having throat/nasal issues with rayon. That's a shame. However, the Japanese cotton (Koh Gen Do in particular) supposedly is as good, if not better.

I'll experiment with the wick tails the next time I re-wick the PV. Don't know when that'll be as I'm wanting to see how long this wick will last. Currently, it looks like it is going to be quite a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread