Status
Not open for further replies.

fsroq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
Spain
Can you tell us if, other then volcanos, other colors, or SS will be available soon.

Please delete if this is considered spam but we are taking pre-orders which will be shipped on the 10th December, we ship to the US and offer a courier service [1 day to New York and other east coast locations, 2 days to the rest of the US]...

Goldenkobold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Florida
How much is the typical currency exchange when using a credit or check cashing charge? Also, I want to inquire about shipping charges to the US. Do these guys speak English or should I have a friend translate (or beg someone from here to ask)? Really want this unit at that price, but for the $100 many places here will be charging I think I might go for something like the Infinity instead since I have no doubt it's built better.

EDIT: USA is not an option in the country drop down. Not sure if it's possible for me to order....

$100 dollars is for the full kit, second wave is suppose to have the 68 dollar tube as a stand alone.

TaylorA

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Honest answer it will be a while. The manufacturer wants/needs to get their original batch of orders out of the way. I can tell you though I've seen the rough silver version and it is not shiny chrome but rather a brushed silver look.

They haven't done anything on the red yet and they will also be working on an 18350 version :)

fsroq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
Spain
Just got an answer from solovapor.es
They are shipping to the US. Shipping flat rate is 6€, around 8$. Any questions or whatsoever can be made in English who they do speak better then I do. Right now he cant answer on this forum, because just today he started to get a forum suplier status. ASA he gets it he will present himself here at the forum. Any inquiries you would have in the mean time, tienda@solovapor.es

GiMante

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
So Cal
www.VaperSociety.com
Honest answer it will be a while. The manufacturer wants/needs to get their original batch of orders out of the way. I can tell you though I've seen the rough silver version and it is not shiny chrome but rather a brushed silver look.

They haven't done anything on the red yet and they will also be working on an 18350 version :)

Oh, I want an 18350 version for sure!

chuckie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2009
miami fl USA
The ecigwizard site shows the lavatube comes with "IMR 18650 - 1400mAh 3.7v HIGH DRAIN Battery by BDL". Are these protected batteries? If no - are there protected 18650's that measure a true 65mm that would fit the Lavatube?
No and No. IMR's don't need protection. I don't know of any protected 18650's that are only 65mm long.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
@ MikeE3

As said IMR is a safe chemistry and doesn't have a protection circuit. The protection circuit adds to the length so a IMR 18650 is going to be closer to it's spec length than a protected 18650.

You also want to use IMR with a mod that uses a boost circuit and one battery due to IMR having higher current draw capability. If you used a protected cell with a mod that uses a booster circuit you'll be more limited in the usable voltage range.

chuckie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2009
miami fl USA
Great review as always Scott, but I'm gonna steer clear from this one! I was deciding between this and the Joker av mod from vaprlife, and I'm gonna get the joker instead of this! For $34 more I feel I would get a better higher quality vv mod with way better vapor production!
What would make you think that? Do you have a lava tube?

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Thanks for the helpful answers people. It made me go back and re-read warnings on ECF about batteries for mods. And yep, it does say chemistry 'protected' batteries are fine, I forgot that part. I only remembered the caution about using "protected batteries".

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/announcements-rules/129007-warning-rechargeable-batteries-mods.html

No and No. IMR's don't need protection. I don't know of any protected 18650's that are only 65mm long.

IMR's use a safe chemistry so do not need the protection plate [which adds the extra size normally].

Yes, and the BDR EcigWizard sells works perfectly, and lasts a long time in my tube.

CdnBison

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Winnipeg
Just got mine, and as Mr. Horse says: "Yessir, I like it." I slapped on my homemade syringe tank (20cc, and is an almost identical diameter) with a 1.5 DC. Set to 3.7v, and took a few hits, and it performed very nicely indeed. Tried with a 2.3 ohm clearomizer @ 4.4v, and also was quite happy with the resulting TH and vapor. In short, it performs as expected. Build is comfortably solid in my hands, surprisingly compact - tall, but pretty thin - the threading hasn't been an issue (for me, YMMV), and it's easy to set it up the way you want it. I really like the lockout feature for the voltage, and it's handy to be able to check your battery on the fly.

I don't think people would be disappointed if they got one of these. It may not be terribly flashy, but it delivers what it is supposed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread