The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Power VV Mod

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by fsroq, Sep 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. eyebrook

eyebrook Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 7, 2011
    England now Spain
    Hi Cd I have 2 of them one with the red and silver buttons and the other with the all black buttons, the finish on the all black is slightly better and the threads on the end cap are way smoother than the tube with the coloured buttons, and as you say they do what they are supposed to do, I am very satisfied :)

2. fsroq

fsroq Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 17, 2011
    Spain
    The longer I have the tube, the more I like it. At this stage I am using nothing but my tube. Forgor about any other mod. Right now with a DC tank from smoke tech. Just great.

3. JimmyJet

JimmyJet Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 30, 2011
    Carolinas
    This thread has been quiet for 2 days. That can mean only one thing. This is a good mod. Now comes the test of time.

JJ :)

4. fsroq

May 17, 2011
    Spain
    Hi JimmyJet.

You are right. Like I said in another post. Dont buy a lavatube. Once you have it there is notting to report or talk about, it just works fine. Easy to use, not outstanding in anything, compairing it to others. Not failing, no issues so far, so what can we write about?
    Well maybee I could say, it is just another good VV mod, but then at an unbeatable price.

5. TaylorA

TaylorA Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Mar 8, 2011
    Peterborough, UK
    So far we've had 0 returns which is always a good sign :D

6. CdnBison

CdnBison Super Member ECF Veteran

May 24, 2011
    Winnipeg
    I'm quite happy with mine! I'm on my second tank of liquid, and it's vaping like a champ. Habit keeps me taking a backup PV with me, but I've only really been using my lavatube for the past couple days. If I had to be extra-picky, I'd say the main button needs a bit of a push to fire it, but I think I'd rather have something solid feeling than worry that it's too loose or will accidentally fire in my pocket.

7. pho

pho Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 1, 2011
    Belgium
    Well yeah. You're not shipping them till december 10th, no?

8. TaylorA

TaylorA Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Mar 8, 2011
    Peterborough, UK
    We've shipped around 50 pre-orders so far. 10th December is the latest date for the remaining pre-orders although they will likely go out sooner.

9. chuckie

chuckie Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 16, 2009
    miami fl USA
    As soon as I saw this thread get quiet,I new this was a good product........I ordered one.

10. JimmyJet

JimmyJet Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 30, 2011
    Carolinas
    This is indeed a bargain, especially for those of us who already have 18650 batts/chargers. Did someone say $60 for the tube alone? The Volcano website still doesn't have any info.

BTW - there are a lot of bogus websites popping up now, claiming to have the LavaTube. Be careful!

11. speedemon

speedemon Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 7, 2009
    Chicagoland
    So i take it that the aw imr 18650 won't fit with the nipple on it?

12. Jorge22

Jorge22 Super Member ECF Veteran

May 16, 2011
    Ermesinde (Portugal)
    The IMR should fit in just fine. I'm using a couple of AW IC 2200 mah (protected) and it's like an extra mm longer than it should. Still, it fits alright and only leaves a bit of metal out which isn't a problem because it's not ugly and it's still pretty solid. I may buy the IMRs next time, though. I bought mine from Lighthound and although the shop itself works quite normally my bats are different: one will only charge to 4 v and then ask to be recharged at 3.4 v; the other will only charge till 3.9 v and ask to be recharged at 3.6 v, which makes it awful! I'd expect something else from AW, in fact. Or is it from Lighthound? They say the IMRs charge up to 4.2 v and asks for a recharge at 3.2/3.1v. Even though it didn't seem so at first, it's probably a better choice...

EDIT: Yes, I know, some people may tell me the tube should have the IMRs and not the IC protected ones. But that's besides the point. The performance is still great - and it should, there's no reason why it shouldn't really -, only I consider the difference in the batteries a problem. It's not that they would be recharged when reaching 3.4 v, for example, instead of, say, 3.2. It's the whole difference, like they sold me at least a used up battery or something. :mad:

13. mycarsifarst

mycarsifarst Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    I was told that IMR button tops will fit and work in the LavaTube, but will not "work" with the booster circuitry and allow it to get all the way to 6V. The flat-top IMR will fit, work, and will allow 6V output throughout the life of the battery. I don't know why that is, essentially it's the same battery, but for full performance, go with the flat-top IMR

14. fsroq

May 17, 2011
    Spain
  15. Jorge22

May 16, 2011
    Ermesinde (Portugal)
    I read the review and I have to agree on some things and disagree on others. For instance, for all I know the DC will work well (taking into account they contain 3 ohms in fact when they mention 1.5 = 2 x 1.5 = 3 ohms). Nonetheless, I have my 2.5 (= 5 ohms) DCs and they fit perfectly.

16. fsroq

May 17, 2011
    Spain
    Hi Jorge. I was using some 1.5 Ohm DC, but of course they dont work well with them, not enough power.

Figured out that 2.0 Ohms could be crancked up to 5 Volts, then producing 12.5 Watts, my sweet spot, so I ordered some of them from madvapes, the new tank DC´s, to use them at the smoke tech tank.

At what voltage you are using your 2.5 ones?

17. Jorge22

May 16, 2011
    Ermesinde (Portugal)
    Any voltage up to 6v. But I usually stay in the 4.5 v, namely with the regular Boge (that work well above that too). I guess 5 v is fine with those DC, but 6 is just as fine.

18. fsroq

May 17, 2011
    Spain
    Will just have to wait untill my 2.0 Ohms arive. The smoketech DC tanks are amazing with the dedicated DC cartos with their o so tiny punched hole. When you see the small hole, you might think, this never will be able to feed the carto, but it does, better then any other, even with relatively thick juice. Will get them most likely end of the week, and will report on them.

19. Dom C

Dom C Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 7, 2010
    Plantation, Florida

I've been waiting for this. Looking forward to the full review. Also, nice to see it works with the AW batts with the nipple.

20. Nomoreash

Nomoreash Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 9, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    So the theory there is the button on a IMR battery is somehow restricting or controlling the voltage or current output where it doesn't on a flat top when otherwise they are the same exact battery? :)

Just curious, is that information from Volcano?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.