Not open for further replies.

d3mon

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2012
san antonio
Just a cell phone shot of the ELA in 18350 mode:

ELAAssem1.jpg.w300h532.jpg

damn that looks great!

can't wait to get this in my hands so i can mic it up and get my local machine shop to turn me a couple of matching desk stands for it :D

frazzledglispa

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2008
Denver, CO
I am getting more eager by the day to get my hands on my ELA (I'm in the first batch - whoo hoo!)

I ordered some brass accent rings in addition to the stainless ones, I was planning on polishing up the brass rings real nice like, and then lacquering them with some spray lacquer that I bought that is specifically made for brass to keep them from tarnishing. Any reason why this might not work? I really like the look with the brass accents, but hate dealing with tarnish.

I'm really looking forward to the anodized accent rings too - hoping for a nice dark blue, which I think would look really sharp

Sathorael

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
San Diego California
I don't see why this shouldn't work. May get some build up inside that might make for a tighter fit initially, but should work its way out. I for one will not be polishing the brass accent rings. I look forward to the nice patina and may actually try to accelerate it.
I am getting more eager by the day to get my hands on my ELA (I'm in the first batch - whoo hoo!)

I ordered some brass accent rings in addition to the stainless ones, I was planning on polishing up the brass rings real nice like, and then lacquering them with some spray lacquer that I bought that is specifically made for brass to keep them from tarnishing. Any reason why this might not work? I really like the look with the brass accents, but hate dealing with tarnish.

I'm really looking forward to the anodized accent rings too - hoping for a nice dark blue, which I think would look really sharp

pAth77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2010
Bay Area
I don't see why this shouldn't work. May get some build up inside that might make for a tighter fit initially, but should work its way out. I for one will not be polishing the brass accent rings. I look forward to the nice patina and may actually try to accelerate it.

I'm planning on doing the same thing. Just google "patination of brass" and you'll get a bunch of hits on various methods used to get different patinas (from blues & greens to reds & blacks). I plan on going the brown to black route with a bit of brushed texture on my brass accents.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
simple alum stand
jez solid modeling lettering on a curved surface isn't fun lol plus that was just messing around...no way i want to etch the name in. tha'tll double the cost. Bond a little felt to the interior hole and bam, nice little metal desk stand for my ELA.
sup_zps4f5087c8.png

Looks good. If you put a little step recessed down in there the outside of the horns can rest on that and the button can extend into that.

The ELA does stand up better then the PrecisePlus though, as the ELA is heavy enough it compresses the button down to the cap, so the cap supports it, not the button. Hard to explain, but you'll get it when you get it...lol

d3mon

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2012
san antonio
Looks good. If you put a little step recessed down in there the outside of the horns can rest on that and the button can extend into that.

good idea. i was gonna get it machined out for 304, 3" round stock...but the difference in price of SS round bar to 6061 round bar is a bit much lol. not to mention the beer that this will surely cost me to pay off my bud whos gonna turn it lol

icucme2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2012
Costa Mesa, ca
Congrats first batchers, sounds like ur wait is almost over..

I have a few things i want to order from super t to await my ela on second batch.. Im still on the fence about brass accent rings.. For sure batteries, battery cases (waiting for them to be stocked), felt pouches, extra springs, and im thinking nolax.. How do i use nolax. Just spread a lil on threads only? Is it needed?

Tintreach

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Shipping notices on the first wave of the first batch will go out tomorrow, units will ship saturday and the first customers will have them in their hands Monday. Still not sure how many will go out Saturday, but i'll keep assembling.

You know if I could bust away from work for a week I would give you some free slave labor on the daunting task.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread