( -_-) Ω~
  • Deleted by Unforeseen
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Vince159

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2012
Citrus Heights, CA USA
You can do it yourself. All you do is mix the two part formula, then spray and bake the parts. But for the cost of a small size container, you could probably have two/three mods done by OCD mods.

Sounds good, thanks. Will I need an airless sprayer? nevermind.. I just watched a video. I think I'll check out OCD Mods. Thanks Gdeal.

Last edited:

KurrptSenate

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
PA
did a quick sketch of a basic idea for the body. think I might have that tentacle wrap around to the other side of the mod so it's not just on one side

anything else I should go for. I don't want a bunch of white space. using the thin sharpies to color

20150319_154545_zps5lryqmyn_edit_1426794527910_zpsf0fzmogw.jpg

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

Vince159

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2012
Citrus Heights, CA USA
Just got my unit from Sculteo. I got the standard white strong flexible. I like this better than the one I got from Shapeways. It feels stronger and a bit less flexible. I don't know the differences, or even if there are any, but this feels like a better quality product; and more reasonably priced too. Can't beat that :) I'm going to use dye, then seal it. If I'm not happy with it I bet I could opt for the Carecote down the road. I hope.

artv61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
SC,USA
Just got my unit from Sculteo. I got the standard white strong flexible. I like this better than the one I got from Shapeways. It feels stronger and a bit less flexible. I don't know the differences, or even if there are any, but this feels like a better quality product; and more reasonably priced too. Can't beat that :) I'm going to use dye, then seal it. If I'm not happy with it I bet I could opt for the Carecote down the road. I hope.

I got my 26650 today too and was wondering about dying it.If you dont mind ,what kind of dye are you going to use and does it cover well? I was thinking about priming mine 1st ,then paint with krylon for plastic. Anyone have any thoughts on this ,good or bad?
Thanks in advance

Vince159

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2012
Citrus Heights, CA USA
I got my 26650 today too and was wondering about dying it.If you dont mind ,what kind of dye are you going to use and does it cover well? I was thinking about priming mine 1st ,then paint with krylon for plastic. Anyone have any thoughts on this ,good or bad?
Thanks in advance

I have minimal experience with dying. I did one that came out pretty well. I don't think you want to put anything on the plastic before dying it. Then after the dye, let it dry over night, then I go over it lightly with a damp cloth, then I use Krylon Satin Finish 1323 to seal it. Others with more experience may have more info, but dying, if done well, comes out very nice.

Merlin21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Here is lasts nights work. Really enjoyed working on it, really mind blowing creating something like this from scratch, the hours, attention to detail, every little piece, component serves its purpose.

0319152113.jpg

Half a day at work today (due to snow, Happy Spring!), so when I get back hopefully I can finish it up. Tomorrow I am going to a local Byrnes coating shop to get a price for Cerakote.

Trying to keep questions to a minimum but thanks for the help so far.

Attachments

• 0319152113.jpg
    0319152113.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 65

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
  • Deleted by Unforeseen
Status