Printed DNA 40 Bottom Feeder Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigLungs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2012
Champaign, Illinois
I assume the fire switch is good as it powers up the mod wouldn't you think. If the connection to the black connectors are good I would think I'd have to make sure the connection in the top cap are good to that connection. I'm not sure how I'd test the 510 assembly.

To test the 510
Put one lead on the center pin, atomizer side, and one lead on the mini connector that it leads to. You should get a reading.

Put one lead to the 510 atomizer threads(negative) and one lead to the mini connector it leads to. You should get a reading.

If both those check out, then you most likely won't need to open the top cap.

Move on down to the internals side of the connections if the problem isn't in the top cap.

BigLungs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2012
Champaign, Illinois
With it set to 200 I'm getting good reading to the vertical connector (if that makes sense) for both the positive and the negative for the 510 assembly

What happens on the screen when you try to fire the device, does it say check atomizer?

And yes that does make sense to me, lol.

Vince159

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2012
Citrus Heights, CA USA

BigLungs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2012
Champaign, Illinois
Yes it does. It just won't detect or fire the atty anymore. Did a few times but when I tried to put everything together it was issue after issue.

Did it say check atomizer on the screen when it wasn't working?
If it did, based on everything else we have gone through so far, it sounds like maybe you just needed to raise the positive screw in the 510.

On a couple of occasions I have had that screw thread itself too far in when screwing an atomizer on and off a few times. On my 3.1 that is.

Last edited:

Vince159

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2012
Citrus Heights, CA USA
Did it say check atomizer on the screen when it wasn't working?
If it did, based on everything else we have gone through so far, it sounds like maybe you just needed to raise the positive screw in the 510.

On a couple of occasions I have had that screw thread itself too far in when screwing an atomizer on and off a few times. On my 3.1 that is.

Or the ground is not fully grounded.

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
  • Deleted by Unforeseen
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

BobC

Reformed Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Downtown Charleston, SC
Kurrupt, let's walk slowly through the symptoms,
1. the board display turns on when the fire button is pressed
2. When pressing either the up or down switches, the display shows watt movements accordingly

Fill in the blank

When the fire button is kept on, the display shows:_____________

KurrptSenate

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
PA
Kurrupt, let's walk slowly through the symptoms,
1. the board display turns on when the fire button is pressed
2. When pressing either the up or down switches, the display shows watt movements accordingly

Fill in the blank

When the fire button is kept on, the display shows:_____________

"no atomizer" when I'm holding the fire button down

I'll try my other vented screw tonight, not that I think that will change anything

moresalt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2013
Tucson,Az
I think that I'd first check the positive and ground wire continuity from the 510 all the way to the board (in small steps) first. I think you were focused on the fire switch before but this sounds like a problem with the 510 connection, not the fire switch. When you start checking continuity remove the atty first

Last edited:

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
  • Deleted by Unforeseen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread