PRO-RINGS : As of 2013 (year-end)√

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vash

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2012
ethervapes.com
Im about to get first Provari and have two ZAPs on the way so no ring for those but if I were to use a AGA T on my Provari which one would be best for flush look? I saw that the Loki ring wont work so whats the next best and cost effective option to match my SS Polished Provari .

I wanna be able to have a cheaper rba to use for times I dont want to take the ZAP certain places and want it to be flush and tight. One of the ZAPS will have SS tank but always fun to have other options :) Thanks in advance .

Also thanks to OP ! This is very helpful for me :)

darkgear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Islands in the middle of the sea
Figured I better post this while I have them all in one place.

KirFanis type 2, kayfun PV cone, BombVapor, Tatroe Cone Brass, Tatroe Cone Stainless, Loki Labs Polished, Loki Labs SS Machined(older), Loki Labs SS Machined(newer), Loki Labs Black Delrin

2ep0a4k.jpg

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Figured I better post this while I have them all in one place.

KirFanis type 2, Kayfun PV cone, BombVapor, Tatroe Cone Brass, Tatroe Cone Stainless, Loki Labs Polished, Loki Labs SS Machined(older), Loki Labs SS Machined(newer), Loki Labs Black Delrin

2ep0a4k.jpg

Wow! Loved that picture

alldayvape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
Maryland
Wifey got me the ProVari Stealth. She's the best. This thread was very helpful, add I'm now looking for a black pro ring and a black tank. Was thinking Lil Mama or Loki. More importantly I want to get a Diver V2 to use with the black tank. What would you guys recommend in terms of ring and tank?

Happy holidays

vyza4etu.jpg

Sent via Mobile

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I'm about to pick up a Russian 91% but unsure which ring to get for my black Provari. Any suggestions?

There's no Pro-Ring as of now that matches the hue of the Russian series (Bead Blasted finish). So, this deciding factor is out of the question.

As the R-91 is 22mm (OD) ~ you may chose one of the Tapering Rings, which could provide a 'flush look' between the topper and the mod. Aka, Kir Fanis' Kayfun Ring (available directly from them &/or VapeRev, InTaste etc.), or the IBT-Pro (from OCD... he has a thread going on it). Also the BombVapor Ring, which has a rounded-off top, could match the seams between the R-91 and the Provari.

Else, go ahead matching the bottom cap of your Provari to the Ring. Aka, fetch the Black Delrin Rings (Loki or B/Vapor) if you sport a Provape Extender on your Black Provari... or the various SS Rings (Teardrop or Smooth) if you are sticking with the stock SS bottom cap.

darkgear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Islands in the middle of the sea
This IBT ring is an odd duck in all these rings. Despite being one of the cheapest(next to the Kayfun PV cone) it was probably the hardest to machine. It has a taper from bottom to top to match the nearly 23mm width of the provari at the bottom and the 22mm dia of the IBTanked tanks at the top. The top of it is concave in to match the slight bevel of their end caps. It really was made to fit their tanks. i guess its because of this tight fit that it had to have airholes(the only ring to have airholes BTW).

It's taller than any other ring and the bottom is sharper than any other ring. Mine is sharp enough to slice paper like butter.

2v3pnns.jpg

zv4ytc.jpg

9h0z93.jpg

I'll post more pics tonight after I go fill an IBT and fit it to the ring.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
This IBT ring is an odd duck in all these rings. Despite being one of the cheapest(next to the Kayfun PV cone) it was probably the hardest to machine. It has a taper from bottom to top to match the nearly 23mm width of the provari at the bottom and the 22mm dia of the IBTanked tanks at the top. The top of it is concave in to match the slight bevel of their end caps. It really was made to fit their tanks. i guess its because of this tight fit that it had to have airholes(the only ring to have airholes BTW).

It's taller than any other ring and the bottom is sharper than any other ring. Mine is sharp enough to slice paper like butter.

I'll post more pics tonight after I go fill an IBT and fit it to the ring.

Hey, thanks for the heads-up. Indeed OCD has put much thought (and effort/s) into it. However, being 'tall' won't it effect the connectivity of the Carto or Tank-RBA?

I mean, the Diver v2 sits flush within all my tanks (I'm sure the standard Cartos would as well) leaving any leeway to move the tank upwards ever so slightly. So, how do we use this ring with 'other' tanks - or is it specifically to be used 'only' with IBTs?

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Woohoo. A new ring - looks GREAT, I just haven't figured out how to actually buy one.
Anyone who knows, please alert me, OK?

Its from Innovape. Vapor Labs has their new ProVari-matched tank, but not this new "beauty ring" or the extension cap.
I might have to have all 3 of these things...
Look at all the air holes in the ring!!

999920_263388603810819_265425312_n.jpg

1512497_263389133810766_1769337013_n.jpg

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
My Pro-Rings Update:

I have three of them as of now ~ and none rattle or spin. They seem to hug the Provari's fascia as all of them are tapered internally - but uniform OD externally.

1- Loki polished steel ring; 2- Loki black delrin ring; 3- GR-Modders' Kir Fanis ring

Except for the black ring none leave any gap as well and sit flush with the Provari's colored body. The black just throws in a thin hairline below - which incidentally I'm liking b'coz it brings a bling effect.

Ps.:
~I've not chosen any ring that adds length b'coz of obvious reasons (thus, no Hippo v2, IBT-Pro etc.).
~I've not chosen any 'tapering' ring as well, b'coz I don't like Provari's taper top anyway.
~Loki's black is just a flimsy plastic ring. Shouldn't cost more than $2, thus exemplarily overpriced. But I also like it the most.
~None has any air-holes, but isn't causing any probs with my tanks - b'coz all sit a hairline above anyway under normal screwing in.

p_dude

Sep 4, 2012
Phoenix AZ
Woohoo. A new ring - looks GREAT, I just haven't figured out how to actually buy one.
Anyone who knows, please alert me, OK?

Its from Innovape. Vapor Labs has their new ProVari-matched tank, but not this new "beauty ring" or the extension cap.
I might have to have all 3 of these things...
Look at all the air holes in the ring!!

999920_263388603810819_265425312_n.jpg

1512497_263389133810766_1769337013_n.jpg

Wow. I really like that ring. It looks kind of like the hippo! Speaking of the Hippo, I need something with air flow control as I'm driving myself crazy using my Protank 2's on my Provari. Does anyone have any experience with the Hippo? How much can you open the draw up on it? Any suggestions other than the Hippo?

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
My only suggestion - and it's silly.
You could try a different ProTank.
It's only KIND of silly though - I have a bunch of ProTanks, and I only have ONE that gets its airflow cut off on my ProVari. The others work fine - thread all the way down, and vape nicely. It fits what Provape told me - they said the problem is that Kanger just isn't consistent - the airholes are in different places, so some of them work and some don't. I've also heard people say they fix the airflow on a ProTank by fiddling with how tight or not tight the COIL is inside. I haven't messed with that - I just have that one ProTank relegated to my SVD...
So maybe you could swap ProTanks with someone :)

Wow. I really like that ring. It looks kind of like the hippo! Speaking of the Hippo, I need something with air flow control as I'm driving myself crazy using my Protank 2's on my Provari. Does anyone have any experience with the Hippo? How much can you open the draw up on it? Any suggestions other than the Hippo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread