Problems with Eleaf Pico??

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckyLulu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2010
Florida
I have purchased 2 eleaf pico's from 2 different vendors in the last 2 weeks. Both have completely died within a week of normal use. Completely dead, won't turn on, nothing. I have done a search to see if this is a common problem with the pico but not finding anything. Maybe it's just my luck? Anyone else hear of problems with the pico?

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Thanks for the response. Yes, charging the batteries (I have 4 that I rotate and they are fine with my other device) Not sure why 2 have failed within a week. And I really like the pico when it works lol
I have had two istick Pico mods going for months and months. At least 6+ months.

Were you charging tge battery in tge mod or using an external charger?

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I've been using a Eleaf pico for a few months without problems and have just recommended it to someone. I also have a Kanger top tank mini but keep using the Eleaf.
I just found if I loosen the top the unit goes dead, there is a black and gold stripe across the top cover. I'd clean the top and bottom battery contacts with a fine sand paper.
Two units failing sounds strange.

LuckyLulu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2010
Florida
Ok, what batteries are you using? How are you using it, TC, VW, what settings, etc? Any other info you can provide?
As stated, they are very popular mods, vaping one right now as a matter of fact.
I've heard of a couple of lemons, but they sure are few for the amount of them out there?
Ha! I feel like an idiot because I had no idea it even had all of those settings lol. I have it set at 3.7v, I am rotating between Samsung imr 18650 2600mah and efest imr 18650 3000mah and most of the time charge the batteries in the charger (not the usb),
I am using a protank II with 1.8ohm coils. It works great and I love it but both have died within a week of use. Is it something I'm doing wrong? I am getting a replacement sent to me so I don't want to kill it if it is something I'm doing wrong. I have been vaping for about 8 years but have never been good with the technical side of vaping so please forgive me.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
I would highly recommend you never charge your batteries without usb, you take the risk of battery over charging
Ummm NO!!! This is very wrong information! The stand alone chargers are always the best way to charge removable batteries!
Yes, the Pico does have a decent internal charger, but it's still not as good as a stand alone charger!

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I would highly recommend you never charge your batteries without usb, you take the risk of battery over charging
As Sawlight says, wrong info. It's always better to use quality external chargers. Also, that'll save the usb port from unnecessary wear, which is of particular importance with upgradeable mods.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

I would Strongly Disagree with this. And would Always Suggest that you charge using a Quality External Charger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread