Status
Not open for further replies.

Proetus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Western Mass
So I finally got all my supplies and decided i would keep all my musings here in one spot. Hopefully get some feedback from people and hopefully help others out. I mix all my juice 50/50 and 6mg.

Below is what i started with and What i thought of it using them tonight.

Supplies

50ml Bomex Glass Beaker (Great for 30ml!)
10ml Bomex Glass Graduated Cylinder (Need more, perfect for small tasters)
10-1ml Pipettes (worthless imo)
Blunt needles (Get the bigger gauge!)
20ml-10ml-5ml-3ml-1ml Syringes (I'll be getting more of the smaller capacity. Washing between different jucie sucks, buy more!)

All flavors TFA

Vanilla Custard
Vanilla Swirl
tobacco Type
Sweetener
Bavarian Cream
Cantaloupe
Caramel Candy
Coconut Extra
Ethyl Malto
Granny Smith Apple
Graham Cracker
Honey Dew
Juicy Peach
Ripe Banana
RY4 Double
Smooth Flavor
Sweet Cream
Banana Nut Bread

Flavour Art

7 Leaves Tobacco
Desert Ship
Mellow Tobacco
Citrus Mix
115ml 60mg 50/50 nic

Proetus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Western Mass
8/28/13 First attempts - all flavors TFA unless otherwise noted.

RWhy4 By tc1 Mixed up exactly as he posted it.
6mg 50/50

10% Double RY4
5% Caramel Candy
5% Bavarian Cream

Smells Great in the bottle. Steeping for the next two days.

Apple Tobacco

6mg 50/50

Granny Smith Apple 5%
Tobacco Type 10%

Can smell the apple nicely, unsure on the tobacco flavor. Steeping for the next two days.

Banana Tobacco
6mg 50/50

Ripe Banana 5%
Tobacco Type 10%
Smooth 1%

Holy Banana batman! Same as the Apple bacco, we'll see on that flavor. Steeping for the next two days.

Melon Balls
6mg 50/50

Honeydew 8%
Canteloupe 8%

Both of these smell unmistakably like their respective fruits. Steeping for the next two days.

Peaches N Cream
6mg 50/50

Juicy peach 12%
Sweet Cream 5%

Great peach smell cream smelled so good i could almiost taste it. Steeping for the next two days.

Last edited:

paddymx

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2012
Asheboro,NC
8/28/13 First attempts - all flavors TFA unless otherwise noted.

RWhy4 By tc1 Mixed up exactly as he posted it.
6mg 50/50

10% Double RY4
5% Caramel Candy
5% Bavarian Cream

Smells Great in the bottle. Steeping for the next two days.

Apple Tobacco

6mg 50/50

Granny Smith Apple 5%
Tobacco Type 10%

Can smell the apple nicely, unsure on the tobacco flavor. Steeping for the next two days.

Banana Tobacco
6mg 50/50

Ripe Banana 5%
Tobacco Type 10%
Smooth 1%

Holy Banana batman! Same as the Apple bacco, we'll see on that flavor. Steeping for the next two days.

Melon Balls
6mg 50/50

Honeydew 8%
Canteloupe 8%

Both of these smell unmistakably like their respective fruits. Steeping for the next two days.

Peaches N Cream
6mg 50/50

Juicy peach 12%
Sweet Cream 5%

Great peach smell cream smelled so good i could almiost taste it. Steeping for the next two days.

As you get them where you want them I hope you will post them here :http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-liquid-recipes/343181-tpa-tfa-recipes-only-9.html#post10523453

Proetus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Western Mass
Update on the previous recipes and a few new ones.

Peaches n Cream - Peach flavor is a little light. Few more days to let it round out, Probably play with ratios in next batch.

Melon Balls - Fairly tasty overall, mixed a new batch upping flavor percentages by 1% , 9% per flavoring. (steeping)

Bananacco - I don't think it has enough Banana, and i'm im not sure i like the tobacco flavor. Work in Progress

AppleBacco- Same as Banana above. Work in Progress.

RWhy4 by tc1 - Make it and Vape it. Period. It's great! (link in original post)

Did more mixing today! Again all mixes are 6mg 50/50 and mostly TFA flavoring with a few FA (Flavour Art) thrown in.

10% 555 Type DK Tobacco (TFA)

AppleBacco II
8% Granny Smith Apple (TFA)
10% Mellow Tobacco (FA)

Melon Balls II
9% Honeydew (TFA)
9% Canteloupe (TFA)

CitroNut
10% Citrus Mix (FA)
2% Coconut Extra (TFA)
.65% Sweetener (TFA)

Cabana Bread (recipe by sturat5150)
7% Caramel Candy (TFA)
7% Banana Nut Bread (TFA)
3% Ripe Banana (TFA)
3% Bavarian Cream (TFA)
2% Eythl Malto (TFA)

Cavediver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Buford, Ga
If you're a peach fan, it goes pretty well with the RY4D.
RY4D 9%
Peach* 5%
EM** .5-1%

*I used LA peach for the first round, but have bought Juicy Peach (TFA) for the next batch.
**I bought the TFA Cotton Candy 'cause they were out of EM. Everyone says they're the same thing, though I can't figure out why they'd market the exact same item with two different names. 1%EM is a little too sweet for me, but my wife really likes it. Next batch will be 1/2%, and I'll see if she notices a difference :)

JColt

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2013
USA
I
**I bought the TFA Cotton Candy 'cause they were out of EM. Everyone says they're the same thing, though I can't figure out why they'd market the exact same item with two different names.

Cotton Candy is just 10% EM. EM at 1 to 2 % is an enhancer/sweetner. I used it in my French Pipe/Apple mix at 1 drop per 5 ml and it smoothed out flavor and just a hint of sweetness. A little goes a long way!

Leothwyn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
N. California
www.ci-studios.com
Bananacco- The banana has come out alot more today then it was yesterday. The jury is still out on the tobacco flavor.

If you end up not having much luck with the tobaccos that you got, I'd recommend trying out some Hangsens. When I started out on DIY I was just using TFA and FA tobaccos, and it was an ongoing struggle... many more failures than successes. For me, the super concentrates from Ecig Express (called Tobacco Express there) and from Vaping Zone, and the Hangsens have worked out much better. Overall I like Hangsens the best (especially T5 and RY1). The only thing from TPA that I use now is the RY4 Double. I don't get much tobacco taste from it on its own, but I really like it mixed with other tobaccos.

Uno mas

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Glad to see you startin' your DIY adventure, probably 80% to 85% of our (better half and I) staple juices are my own, I am at the point where I don't need to buy from others, but the few I do are awesome and I haven't worked out a clone yet, Grant's for example ;) or I go on a sample buying spree for new ideas. Tobaccos are, as stated earlier, tough, I also use flavorings from Hangsen, best results for me out of many other brands. Looking forward to checkin' in :)

Last edited:

sturat5150

Jul 28, 2013
Denton, Tx, USA
Bananacco- The banana has come out alot more today then it was yesterday. The jury is still out on the tobacco flavor.
Try this for Banana tobacco
4% Black honey tobacco TFA
4% Captain ECX
4% Banana nut bread TFA
2% Ripe Banana TFA
5% EM
1 Drop per 5ml ACV
Good after 3 days best after 2 week steep

Proetus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Western Mass
Soooo i have decided i don't care for Hype anymore after vaping My Melon Balls recipe for 2 weeks. I like the Cabana Bread and Rwhy4 recipes above, I make them in 30ml batches now. Mixed up a new one tonight, simple Vanilla custard 5% Vanilla Custard and .5% Ethyl Malto (same as cotton candy?)

Citronut - letting it steep a little while longer before more testing

Melonballs - Still tinkering mostly happy tho. Might up the %'s a touch. Maybe a touch of cream.

555 - Might have to fill up a PT2 or Mini, now that i have em. Should make tasting easier. Dripper otw soon.

Uno mas

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2013
San Antonio, TX
I have a modified RY4 with Hangsen Deluxe or Havana, either for me are vaped 5 days a week (M - F) for the first 6 hrs at work, usually how long it takes to empty the ProTank, guess that could classify as an ADV, :)

I currently mix for roughly a dozen friends/family/coworkers and have probably 45-50 recipes that I've worked on and tweaked to my (our) taste over the months, had at one time delusions of actually goin' pro ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread