Not open for further replies.

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Hi,
the large base hole do not change the tighness of the airflow, but prevent from the whistle noise only.
Awe. I was thinking that. Hmm I wonder how I can make it more airy. I will experiment with some extra parts later. Not sure if it will work though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Reactions: imeothanasis

firehorse66

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Marktredwitz, Germany
The waiting has been worthwhile.
My first electronic mod and it's working perfect!

First I just had a few problems to find the right coil,
because I had only 26/28 gauge wire Titanium Grade1.
But with a new 30 gauge wire, coils between 0.6 and 0.8 Ω
are no issue any more.

I'm really happy and proud to be one from the few owners of "Proteus",
the newest Milestone in Vapor-history, written by Imeo!:thumbs:

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I would try the o-ring trick, the one that you can do with Tilemahos v2. Imeo wrote an update on that too. a way more airy Tilemahos X1
I just so happen to have a smaller o-ring and the holes are less covered. I get more air but also more whistle than before with the fatter o-ring. I don't mind the whistle. Now I feel like I have more air control on Penelope V4 with Proteus and my air isn't so restricted.
Thank you so much for the tip. It wasn't something I was thinking of at the time.

As for the coil....
I made a new coil using 28 AWG Grade 1 Titanium. 6 wraps around a 3mm bit. No problems here using 28.

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Remember Proteus Users:

You don't need a lot of wick.
The wick between the coil should be able to move freely before cutting the wick ends. There is a fine line to how much wick you should use. The wick needs to be touching the coil but not stuffed into the coil to the point where the wick can't move. Of course the wick should not move once it is set, but the wick needs room in between the coil to absorb juice. This kind of wick that I'm talking about is Cotton or Rayon. I have not used silica in such a long time and the type of set up using silica may be different.
There needs to be enough wick to hold the juice. If there is not enough wick in the coil, you may experience juice leaking out of the air holes.

Proteus VIR has a special feature for liquid control.

The liquid control on atomizers like Penelope for use on Proteus:

The liquid control only needs to be opened a little bit.
VIR sees how much liquid is on the wick/coil.
If the liquid control is opened a lot, then the VIR will see more liquid and will input more power to vaporize the liquid (depending on your temperature setting) thus draining your battery faster.

It is a special VIR feature.
Only give your coil the proper amount of juice.
The way I do it is to open up the liquid control 1-2 turns. If I feel that the juice is not going to the coil fast enough in between vaping, then I will open up the liquid control a half turn or maybe one full turn.

You can always close your liquid control and reset the process. Proteus will not burn your wick.
Your liquid control will vary depending on how thick your juice is.

These are my opinions and Imeo can confirm if I said anything wrong. Lol

blackwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
NH
www.blackwatersound.com
Remember Proteus Users:

You don't need a lot of wick.
The wick between the coil should be able to move freely before cutting the wick ends. There is a fine line to how much wick you should use. The wick needs to be touching the coil but not stuffed into the coil to the point where the wick can't move. Of course the wick should not move once it is set, but the wick needs room in between the coil to absorb juice. This kind of wick that I'm talking about is Cotton or Rayon. I have not used silica in such a long time and the type of set up using silica may be different.
There needs to be enough wick to hold the juice. If there is not enough wick in the coil, you may experience juice leaking out of the air holes.

Proteus VIR has a special feature for liquid control.

The liquid control on atomizers like Penelope for use on Proteus:

The liquid control only needs to be opened a little bit.
VIR sees how much liquid is on the wick/coil.
If the liquid control is opened a lot, then the VIR will see more liquid and will input more power to vaporize the liquid (depending on your temperature setting) thus draining your battery faster.

It is a special VIR feature.
Only give your coil the proper amount of juice.
The way I do it is to open up the liquid control 1-2 turns. If I feel that the juice is not going to the coil fast enough in between vaping, then I will open up the liquid control a half turn or maybe one full turn.

You can always close your liquid control and reset the process. Proteus will not burn your wick.
Your liquid control will vary depending on how thick your juice is.

These are my opinions and Imeo can confirm if I said anything wrong. Lol

Hey Sad!!! Nice to see ya!
Did your Proteus arrive? I haven't seen mine yet.

Chris

SSG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2011
Evans, GA
Imeo, I just have one question, plus the million more to follow once I receive Proteus. I am an MTL vaper, currently vaping a JGG, and Ithaka (don't know the resistance) at 7.4V, and the throat hit is amazing. My setup has caused filter-less cigarette smokers (Lucky Strike), filtered cigarette smokers, and Vapers to choke, cough, and one person even vomited. Am I going to be able to achieve the same level of throat hit with the Proteus-Penelope combo?

And, if so, what settings/wire wraps, and gauge would you recommend?

jailman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2011
Germany
Hi there, someone an idea....

I tried different coils, 0,25, 0,27, 0,34, 0,40 Titan wire but while vaping the red light is blinking one time. I adjusted the temperatur from high to low but Proteus is showing me with every vape a red light.

AW Batteries are full and new.

Same by me, any ideas?

ksaipas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
Your battery cannot provide adequate power for proteus to burn the liquid in the wick. Try closing the liquid flow down and see if it makes any diff. You may need to vape a few times for the excess liquid to be used. Then you can reopen liquid control a turn or two slowly and see how it goes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
As ksaipas said guys. Closing the liquid flow down will provide less liquid to the wick and baterry will manage to burn it without red light flashing.

The red light doesnt mean that battery cant reach the specific temp. It really means that it will reach it not IMMEDIATELY but after 2-3 seconds of vaping, depending on the liquid on the wick and depending on the thickness of the coil. The less the thickness of the wire and the less the liquid will give you the necessary result.

Stunned Guy

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2015
The Netherlands
After some days of use I can give my opinion about this great device.
For me it worked flawless from the beginning, but I follow this topic so I've read all the tips and tricks before.

Let me start with telling I love the looks of this device, it's beautiful!
It's really easy to use,l keeps temperature on a GREAT way, I've got the feeling this chip really regulates the temperature on a better way then other chips.

I use it with a 0,6 ohm coil, temperature 210 and use a small rayon or cotten wick.
To sum it up, a GREAT device Imeo, I love it so much!

I gave the Penelope V4 a second chanche, I use it now with the bigger airhole update and it's indeed true this does not change the airflow much. For me the airflow on the Penny is really not enough, and I'm sure the o-ring trick will not make THAT difference I'm looking for.

I need to looking for another RTA on the Proteus cause with the Penny this can never be the enjoyable ADV I'm looking for. I'm thinking I will sell it, I not want to go offtopic here but if people are interested please PM me for all details, cause I know it's not easy to fine somewhere now in the shops.

So the search for another RTA to match this begins, I feel much for the FEV VS but also this one has not that much air.

chrishanuk

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2013
London (UK)
The long wait for the Proteus for me was an anti-climax. Got an unprogrammed chip, no fault of Imeo or Hernan. Now Royal Mail has sent the unprogrammed chip to Norway instead of Spain for replacement. Now it's gonna be stuck in the postal limbo system until when. The whole situation sucks, had to pay extra for the return, than everyone else for a non working Proteus. Imeo & Hernan tried their best, with so much going on. The replacement chip, I assume won't be sent to me until the faulty one reaches Hernan. :( it's gonna be a whole month or two, maybe 3, with a tube with a button.

monkkx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2013
paris, abu dhabi
After some days of use I can give my opinion about this great device.
For me it worked flawless from the beginning, but I follow this topic so I've read all the tips and tricks before.

Let me start with telling I love the looks of this device, it's beautiful!
It's really easy to use,l keeps temperature on a GREAT way, I've got the feeling this chip really regulates the temperature on a better way then other chips.

I use it with a 0,6 ohm coil, temperature 210 and use a small rayon or cotten wick.
To sum it up, a GREAT device Imeo, I love it so much!

I gave the Penelope V4 a second chanche, I use it now with the bigger airhole update and it's indeed true this does not change the airflow much. For me the airflow on the Penny is really not enough, and I'm sure the o-ring trick will not make THAT difference I'm looking for.

I need to looking for another RTA on the Proteus cause with the Penny this can never be the enjoyable ADV I'm looking for. I'm thinking I will sell it, I not want to go offtopic here but if people are interested please PM me for all details, cause I know it's not easy to fine somewhere now in the shops.

So the search for another RTA to match this begins, I feel much for the FEV VS but also this one has not that much air.

I had good results with airier Origen tiny tank. I'll soon try also the GP spheroid and report back. Both are 16mm tanks

Reactions: Stunned Guy

monkkx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2013
paris, abu dhabi
The long wait for the Proteus for me was an anti-climax. Got an unprogrammed chip, no fault of Imeo or Hernan. Now Royal Mail has sent the unprogrammed chip to Norway instead of Spain for replacement. Now it's gonna be stuck in the postal limbo system until when. The whole situation sucks, had to pay extra for the return, than everyone else for a non working Proteus. Imeo & Hernan tried their best, with so much going on. The replacement chip, I assume won't be sent to me until the faulty one reaches Hernan. :( it's gonna be a whole month or two, maybe 3, with a tube with a button.

I've been in the same situation ... And can't help thinking that when the issue of faulty boards is well known, it would have been good if the sellers where gentlemen enough to send replacement boards without waiting the faulty one to be returned in their hands... That would have been excellent customer service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread